• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
His fitness and stamina levels are fine imo. What didnt help was having to play RB, RWF and DMF for 60 minutes.
I disagree, I've followed him since Lorient and it always has been a bit of an issue. Part of it might be that he works hard, because he does work very hard, but he does tire around 60-70. He barely finished a game at Betis and it wasn't because he lacked quality.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Mertesacker, Flamini, Ramsey not good enough in their current roles. Koscielny, Bellerin not contributing enough in their roles.

The real killer here is that Coquelin and Cazorla are as far away as they are. Cazorla would have also struggled in this game no doubt, but it would have been far more difficult for them to occupy the middle as much as they did today.

We simply not good enough man, its hanging over us and comes to the fore despite all our heroics in the league. 4

We could and should have been beyond 50 points by now. With a healthy lead and preparation for the City game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If you want to be champions you also don't find yourself scoreless at home against Everton who concede well over a goal a game on average.

Funny how no one ever mentions that sort of stuff.

Drawing a cracker away to a Liverpool side who trashed City and Chelsea = "not good enough to win the league".

Drawing and failing to score at home against a mediocre Everton who played Stones at right back and Osman as a winger = Respectable result.

Makes so much sense.

City are much more prone to ****ing up against sides they should beat for this particular night to convince people that City are more capable than us. This is still a City defence who'll be without their leader Kompany for several months to come and a team full of players like Toure who pick and choose when to show up.

silent_shadow

Established Member
What do you mean no need to go off? Liverpool kept up their intensity and we were running on fumes. Campbell as a lot of people noted was tired, you could see it. Özil too seemed absolutely knackered, he was hardly running before he was subbed off. Areta, Flamini and Ramsey should have been enough to see the game off.

Had you analysed the match situation, you would understand that to keep up with Liverpools intensity, we needed to get some fresh legs. Our players were visibly tiring and once you consider our injury crisis, risking key players when you are leading is not wise. He subbed those players with the intention of killing the game off. What else? Send more attackers or not make substitutions?

Ox did not do much wrong in this game, yes he wasn't everywhere on the pitch like Joel was but Gibbs was on the left to compensate for that. Theo was absolute poverty this game and should have been subbed off sooner. Gibbs was brought on to close that side off and offer a burst of energy if required. Good subs.

Özil like I said, was looking tired. He was barely doing his attacking work towards the end let alone come back and defend or have the energy to act as an outlet. Arteta was a safe bet, because he had the experience, is a great passer of the ball, has good vision and most of all offers some defensive protection. Good sub.
:lol:

I don't even have the energy to respond to all this.

Good post.

USArsenalFan716

What do you mean no need to go off? Liverpool kept up their intensity and we were running on fumes. Campbell as a lot of people noted was tired, you could see it. Özil too seemed absolutely knackered, he was hardly running before he was subbed off. Areta, Flamini and Ramsey should have been enough to see the game off.

Had you analysed the match situation, you would understand that to keep up with Liverpools intensity, we needed to get some fresh legs. Our players were visibly tiring and once you consider our injury crisis, risking key players when you are leading is not wise. He subbed those players with the intention of killing the game off. What else? Send more attackers or not make substitutions?

Ox did not do much wrong in this game, yes he wasn't everywhere on the pitch like Joel was but Gibbs was on the left to compensate for that. Theo was absolute poverty this game and should have been subbed off sooner. Gibbs was brought on to close that side off and offer a burst of energy if required. Good subs.

Özil like I said, was looking tired. He was barely doing his attacking work towards the end let alone come back and defend or have the energy to act as an outlet. Arteta was a safe bet, because he had the experience, is a great passer of the ball, has good vision and most of all offers some defensive protection. Good sub.

A tired Özil>>>> a rusty old Arteta....

Terrible sub

marting

Great game, In years gone by we would have colapsed in the first half so im impressed with us from that respect. You would think with 20 minutes to go and trying to defend a lead theo and campbell would be perfect, However Campbell was knackered, you could see that so i can understand the sub, the Gibbs one never seems to benefit us at all (apart from his Sp**s goal). Wenger maybe at fault for the subs but you would expect the OX to have a least a slight impact. In a months time we could be in theory bringing on, Sanchez, Wilshere, Welbeck, Rosicky etc to try and hold out the game.

Fair result, We dropped points to Vardy FC, but importantly Man city didnt make any progess on us. if we are still ahead of them after the chelsea game, I would be very happy that we have given ourselves a great chance.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In the pub, full of Spuds and a few Gooners. Liverpool equaliser goes in, HUGE cheers go up. Fella behind me bellows, "What's your ****ing score then, you pricks?". Feel gutted now, feel more sorry there are Spuds in the world:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I disagree, I've followed him since Lorient and it always has been a bit of an issue. Part of it might be that he works hard, because he does work very hard, but he does tire around 60-70. He barely finished a game at Betis and it wasn't because he lacked quality.
I think he's fitter now than he ever was. Fitness isnt an issue for him right now. He was taken off, but he worked probably harder than everyone. He wasn't taken off because he was particularly bollocksed. No more tha n Özil was anyway, but nobody says he has fitness issues. It was a sub for fresh legs and no more imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom