• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggygunners88

I'm in utter disbelief that wenger brought lego head arteta on. Why not bring Gab on and put 5 at the back? The equaliser was coming and we gifted them it.

Saikung

I think it's just me but i thought ut is a good result, considering we played poorly and at anfield.

But damn, really need Coquelin back asap or i hope the new guy is like him. We should just make a sign post for the opposition which should say; free goals.

Last edited:

HK_Gooner

I think there's a lot of overreaction going on here, as per usual. Granted, I didn't see the game so I wasn't tortured like most people.

A draw at Anfield is ok. Not great but not bad. When the season's over, if we wind up missing out, nobody is going to look back to this game as the reason.

We have some people on their way back, including our best player. Being in this position on the table is fine. Do we really expect to be 10 points clear of the league with the injuries we've had? Perspective is in order.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I think there's a lot of overreaction going on here, as per usual. Granted, I didn't see the game so I wasn't tortured like most people.

A draw at Anfield is ok. Not great but not bad. When the season's over, if we wind up missing out, nobody is going to look back to this game as the reason.

We have some people on their way back, including our best player. Being in this position on the table is fine. Do we really expect to be 10 points clear of the league with the injuries we've had? Perspective is in order.

It's not the result that is bad, a draw at Anfield is a good result and we are still top (if you said preseason we would be top in 2016 everyone on this forum would of bite your hand off). However it's the mistakes made today by Wenger that it seems he may continue to do which could cost us the title; showing faith in the Flamsey cm pairing and making the wrong substitutions to invite pressure on us.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I just watched the match, and Ramsey, despite his goal, was a liability tonight. He left our midfield and back 4 exposed by his continuous run forward. He needs to realise that his role as a CDM is essential for our game and need to hold his position, taking pressure off our back 4 and our CAMs. Good god some of his runs drove me insane!

We lost the match in midfield tonight, and were lucky to get a draw to be honest.

I just watched the match, and Ramsey, despite his goal, was a liability tonight. He left our midfield and back 4 exposed by his continuous run forward. He needs to realise that his role as a CDM is essential for our game and need to hold his position, taking pressure off our back 4 and our CAMs. Good god some of his runs drove me insane!

Ramsey is not CDM and he never will be under us. He is box to box midfielder and one of his strongest asset is running behind. He scored a very good goal and was very good overall in this game. He is not the trouble.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey is not CDM and he never will be under us. He is box to box midfielder and one of his strongest asset is running behind. He scored a very good goal and was very good overall in this game. He is not the trouble.

Well then he should't be playing in the CDM position, which he is. So he should performa that role. Also, some of his midfield distribution was questionable. Our midfield was shocking tonight. So full of holes. every time Pool had the ball they strolled through the giant gaps in our midfield unchallenged. They were allowed to take goal scoring positions unmarked. Just go and watch the play for that 2nd Firminho goal again.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
What is this "he is playing at CDM" coming from?

In a 4231 formation, the 2 is a CM pairing. Traditionally, a box-to-box midfielder can take up one of the spots when paired with a more defensive player, in essence a CDM (and even more specifically a DLP). Ramsey was never meant to be a CDM, his partner is. He will truly be tested when he has the appropriate partner in Coquelin or El-Neny, meanwhile he has to make do with Flamini, who is rubbish. Not his fault, though I do think he should compensate for Flamini's deficiencies a bit better while waiting. When Flamini is replaced however, he should be able to move as he does now with limited repercussions.

Godwin1

Very well-known

In a 4231 formation, the 2 is a CM pairing. Traditionally, a box-to-box midfielder can take up one of the spots when paired with a more defensive player, in essence a CDM. Ramsey was never meant to be a CDM, his partner is. He will truly be tested when he has the appropriate partner in Coquelin or El-Neny, meanwhile he has to make do with Flamini, who is rubbish.
He's playing the box to box role but only running to one box essentially. As much as I dislike Flamini, you can't lay Ramsey's performance on him. I think Ramsey needs to work on getting things done from a deeper position. It's a shame becuase I think his movement from CM into attacking areas is pretty vital for our attack at this time but it's looking more likely he'll be contesting the RW position as a limited winger.

blaze_of_glory

In a 4231 formation, the 2 is a CM pairing. Traditionally, a box-to-box midfielder can take up one of the spots when paired with a more defensive player, in essence a CDM (and even more specifically a DLP). Ramsey was never meant to be a CDM, his partner is. He will truly be tested when he has the appropriate partner in Coquelin or El-Neny, meanwhile he has to make do with Flamini, who is rubbish. Not his fault, though I do think he should compensate for Flamini's deficiencies a bit better while waiting. When Flamini is replaced however, he should be able to move as he does now with limited repercussions.
I think El Neny will definitely be the test as to whether we can be solid enough with Ramsey in the middle. He does seem to be more of a goal threat from the middle than from the wing, which is why I was happy for him to be back there originally, but if we continue to struggle to control the midfield like we've been doing it may not be worth it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think El Neny will definitely be the test as to whether we can be solid enough with Ramsey in the middle. He does seem to be more of a goal threat from the middle than from the wing, which is why I was happy for him to be back there originally, but if we continue to struggle to control the midfield like we've been doing it may not be worth it.

Genuine question blaze , did you see Ramsey distribute in midfield today ?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

In a 4231 formation, the 2's main roles are defence and distribution!!! Breakup opposition attacking play, and start attacking movement for the team. Yes one can make attacking runs, occasionally, but not when doing so exposes huge attacking positions in the midfield. I'm not sure what else to say, really. If we're gonna argue about the role of the second line 2, I really don't see this discussion going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom