• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
A couple of hours and a decent night later, I'd still say that I'm more disappointed with the result than anything else. We yet again threw a great chance away to get a couple of points between us and City, and the way we did that was just so ****ing Arsenal.

The only consolation I take from this is that each team in the top 6 except Leicester dropped points on this matchday, but that's pretty much it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Back now with a calm head. Many of us were happy with 6/7 points against Chelsea Stoke and pool.

Was cruel to have it snatched at the end but to be fair Liverpool played very well and deserved a draw. Now we just have to beat Stoke and Chelsea to show if we can win this thing.

P.s we never profit from last minute goals only suffer..sucks.

CJJ

Established Member
I have a fun idea. From now on. Everytime you guys want to slate Wenger about his subs, then write it here while the game is on and quote yourself after the match so we can see who's just acting "Captain Hindsight".
That being said...
Not arteta................ everyone but arteta.........

Personally i dont see why we should've put Arteta on. Guy has no legs. Chambers would've been the better option. Not like our midfield wasn't exposed as it was. Rest of the subs was perfectly fine. Ox for the counter and Gibbs should've brought stability. Unfortunately none of it happened.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have a fun idea. From now on. Everytime you guys want to slate Wenger about his subs, then write it here while the game is on and quote yourself after the match so we can see who's just acting "Captain Hindsight".
That being said...

Personally i dont see why we should've put Arteta on. Guy has no legs. Chambers would've been the better option. Not like our midfield wasn't exposed as it was. Rest of the subs was perfectly fine. Ox for the counter and Gibbs should've brought stability. Unfortunately none of it happened.
Not really, we were going fine and coping with their pressure. Arteta was the better option as we needed to hold on to the ball, not defend.

If we had managed to hold on, we would have another one of those 'pragmatic wins'.

skip spence

Still disappointed with this result. Well the result in itself is okay but very disappointing way to concede so late.

My match ratings

Cech 6

Monreal 9
Koscielny 6
Mertesacker 6
Bellerin 6

Flamini 6
Ramsey 7

Campbell 8
Özil 6
Walcott 4

Giroud 9

MoM Giroud

Subs: Ox, Gibbs, Arteta (they were all dire)

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Im still pissd off with the result. One good thing though is we came back twice something we havnt done alot so far this season. I think gabby should play more though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was surprised at the team Liverpool were able to put out, all I've heard all week is how terrible their injuries are. No worse than ours at least.

Also how is Kolo still a centre back for a team with their aspirations, I thought he was basically finished when he left us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That being said...

I can give you my view now before all our other games. Dont ever bring Gibbs on for Özil, in fact dont bring Gibbs on at all. Özil had rested the last 10 days, he didnt need to go off. If you weaken our attack, it automatically adds pressure on the defence.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am not dissapointed as I could smell it to end like thaT, just like last year. They had tactics spot on, and we had no bench players to fix that. Was pissed 90 minutes with Flamini, always far away from where he should be, giving them so much precious space and time.
Some will blame Ramsey for that, but it was Flamini who sas not on the same page as the team.
We would have won it easily with Coq in.

Still, not dissapointed, would rather take it as it was instead of scoring and equalizer in 90th.
Watching other results makes it even more easier to deal with 3-3, as long as we get it right against Stoke.

Motm should go to scorer of 2, but I am giving it to Monreal. Brilliant, fantastic, terrific, whatever you like it, Nacho just keeps going and going. Its amazing how he became a world class fullback in front of our eyes after an average start. Absolutely fantastic!
Another praise goes for Joel, for another class performance. So composed and unpredictable. You know he can shot, pass or dribble well, but is so hard to predict whats it gonna be, which makes him so dangerous. Loving every minute of his performances

Now up for Stoke, where I hope we'll have Elneny as option, and consider giving Gabriel a chance

Plutarch

For both of Liverpool's first two goals, we had plenty of chances to clear the ball from just outside our penalty area. But for some reason we got stuck in an odd situation where the ball rebounded from our own players, we failed to make the right clearance, and we lost it cheaply. It was chaotic really. Whether that was just bad luck, or some systematic failure, I'm not certain.

Sykes

The Ramsey-Flamini axis is a disaster waiting to happen against high pressing teams. I knew we'd struggle against liverpool and i honestly fear for the worse against stoke. Hopefully santi/coq, rosicky and maybe wilshere would've come back and Elneny would've settled in before we face the MASTERS of high pressing Spuds. 2 points lost and no positives to take out.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Best game I've ever read. Except the ending.

Yeah, I go through the thread too without peeking at the FT result...its fun...actually, I was relieved we got the 3rd goal first because it looked like they were all over us in the 2nd half.

Its odd that we didn't create a chance after the 3rd goal...should have gone for that 4th immediately and then shut shop.

TriniGunner

89 mins: I walk into KFC to purchase some popcorn chicken for my kids
*keeps looking at the score on my phone*
90 mins: I see 3-3 as I refresh the app.
*mad as hell*
I walk out of KFC..."No popcorn chicken is available kids...they're all out!"

Yes I lied to my kids about food cause Arsenal fecked up my afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom