• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gegen Pressing

My biggest frustration about Wenger introducing super slow dino age subs like Arteta that don't contribute _anything_in the frenzy last minutes , just poor poor decision from Wenger.

On the other hand Klopp's starting formation with a false 9 in firmino and no recognized striker and I feel Wenger should have done the same and use the Ox as extra mid:
----Walcott--Özil--Campbell
--Ramsey---Chambers---Ox
Thay way we would have suffered less defensively and the extra man in midfield (OX) could have made a difference as it was a midfield battle.
(Giroud not starting generally means walcott scoring and taking responsability )

fantastic performance Campbell and Giroud. With Sanchez back into that front 3 I genuinely think that front 3 has everything you need in a strike force. Pace, Strength, Skill, Crossing, Through balls, Work rate, hold up play and tactical awareness are all individual strengths of different members of that attack. If those three can fire consistently we have an amazing chance of the title.

nicky47

Established Member
Hard to take this one, late goals are such killers... The thought of coming from behind to win at Anfield, signing Elneny the next day, and then Alexis very likely back for the weekend would've had has us Gunners feeling pretty bloody good. Oh well.

A match like this is the reason I don't think we'll win the League personally. The guys need to respond over the weekend, but I'm not feeling confident at all about facing Stoke away! Onwards and upwards hopefully anyway.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Just looking through the match day archives I think this is the biggest matchday thread ever! 2,200+ replies smashes everything else. 1,500 was the Barca 2-1 home game.

TBF, many of those old match day thread are from when the forum was sectioned off based on your status/ranking.

If you combine the 2-1 Barca thread from the Lobby and Arsenal Talk I'd wager it was far bigger than this game. The pair from the 8-2 might top it aswell. (I'm pretty sure the site crashed mid game during 6-0 to Chelsea and was down for a few days and I think it was the same for the 5-1 vs Liverpool :lol: my memory is kind of foggy, I was blinded with rage at that time obviously, and not being able to vent on here made it worse...but to be honest that was likely for the best. :lol:

Its great that everyone gets to have one big discussion now.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Just getting out of Anfield. Good to meet a few gooners but by god we made some noise.

Re game.. Ramsey and Flemini are no good in that role. Ox made no impact and we struggled in the last 15 mins with no threat at all, which put defence under constant pressure.

Still a point is ok, but dissapointing to lose with 2 mins left on clock. We dropped 2 points today.

Did Klopp celebrate the draw like he did in an earlier game..like head over to the supporters along with the team and do that honor thing?:lol:

Jerome_Gooner

Still can't believe why Wenger put Arteta on not Chambers. This was not a game for player coming back from injury.

He looked all over the place and tired 3 minutes after coming on. Gabriel as a 5th defender (if you're going to sit back and take the pressure like we did) would have done wonders for us and won us the game I think. Oh well

Stoneh

He looked all over the place and tired 3 minutes after coming on. Gabriel as a 5th defender (if you're going to sit back and take the pressure like we did) would have done wonders for us and won us the game I think. Oh well

Gabriel would have been a good option to nullify Benteke. Need 2 CBs on him as hes a real menace in the air. Instead he sends on Gibbs :eek:

remains

Havent been this upset about a result since Chelsea hit us for six. We have maintained our gap on City fortunately, could have been a lot worse.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Dear SomGooner,

I tried to give them instructions at half time, also gave them extra instructions when I introduced the subs. But we were weak mentally and also made the wrong decisions on the ball. We will make sure to have a look at ourselves and fix this for next time.

Yours,
FakeArsene

Besides...we were little bit jaded but we showed great spirit and mental strength to get a point.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am not disappointed cause, as I said, I'll rather lose 2 points then win one in last minutes. Also, I believe that many games are fixed around the globe, all of the games this week look like that with tons of draws. As soon as we scored 3nd I was 100% sure its gonna end as a draw :)

Still top of the table, signed much needed player, some are getting back from injuries and others are in form like Monreal, Joel, Özil, Oli... Theo is on a good way up, Ramsey too (all he needs is a proper partner),...

Win against Stoke and its all perfect

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Exactly.
In 2004 we lost to a late goal at Anfield, in 2009 we got a late equalizer there, in 2011 at the Emirates too, in 2014 and 2016 at Anfield again.

**** this.

It goes both ways I guess. This was a fantastic game from 2012.
+
(Why was Özil wearing #30?)

Also this game was alright I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom