• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

US_Gooner

Established Member
I know my views on Tottenham are not what they are "supposed" to be, as they are not as extreme as is the norm.

Surely some of you agree with me though?

Goodness, should have kept quiet I guess.
Several years ago, I was vacationing in Jamaica. It was early spring and I was trying to stay in shape for the start of our Sunday League, so I was jogging every morning on the beach. Arsenal tops are my typical running shirt so I was getting some beach chatter from local Man U fans (and others).

One morning when I got back, my wife and son were having breakfast so I joined them. Just as I sat down, I hear , "Fookin' Gooner". Turn around to see a blanched, balding older guy sporting a Hotspur tat on his right bicep.

I laughed, because that was just when their season was collapsing and The Arsenal was taking its rightful place amongst the top 4.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know my views on Tottenham are not what they are "supposed" to be, as they are not as extreme as is the norm.

Surely some of you agree with me though?

Goodness, should have kept quiet I guess.

I agree in some respect. I have grown up hating Sp**s because we are NL rivals, simple.

However I hate Utd because a close friend who I grew up with supports them, so we both hate each others clubs with a passion. One of my favourite Arsenal moments was the 1979 FA Cup final. We watched it together! :)

I also hate Chelsea, no explanation needed.

When Sp**s play either of the above, I am quite happy to see a draw, unless the points have a direct effect on us. Basically I just cant route for any of those 3 clubs in anyway, not even in a European game.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Why is that important to you?
I don't see why you bothered typing that.

If I don't hate Tottenham (I dislike them, but have no reason to despise them), that's my choice. I merely wondered if those circumstances that brought me to that decision was shared, or if other non-London/England Gooners still hated Tottenham because it comes with supporting Arsenal.

Sorry if I sound mad, your comment just sounds of sour tone.

Aevi

Hale End FC
@Aevius is young, he'll learn eventually ;)
If I ever have a personal reason to hate them, then I will. I plan to move to England one day, where I have lived briefly before, and then I might conform to the hatred. The territorial hatred is understandable, I have just not experienced it.

I agree in some respect. I have grown up hating Sp**s because we are NL rivals, simple.

However I hate Utd because a close friend who I grew up with supports them, so we both hate each others clubs with a passion. One of my favourite Arsenal moments was the 1979 FA Cup final. We watched it together! :)

I also hate Chelsea, no explanation needed.

When Sp**s play either of the above, I am quite happy to see a draw, unless the points have a direct effect on us. Basically I just cant route for any of those 3 clubs in anyway, not even in a European game.
Being rivals is good and all, but it doesn't feel right to me hating people just because of something like "we are rivals". I am probably just too objective about it, I am sure some people say they hate Tottenham lightheartedly.

Rocky, is that you!?!?!?!
Look, I am not a Sp**s fan by any degree. Just not a hater. As I said, unless they face teams I truly dislike (Chelsea, Stoke, or Manchester City), I always root against them in Arsenal fashion.

Sweggeh

Tottenham are hard to hate. They are like a really annoying guy with downs sydrome. Hes annoying as hell, but you feel sorry for him at the end of the day cause his life is just so ****.

I hate the likes of United and Chelsea more than Tottenham.

If you ask those Spuds though, they hate Arsenal with all their heart and it sickens them that we have a chance of winning the title this year.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think it's hard to understand the Sp**s rivalry without living in London tbf...I moved to Toronto a few years ago and the vast majority of Canadian Gooners I've met don't really see the Arsenal-Sp**s rival from the prism local Gooners do, which is understandable.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I think it's hard to understand the Sp**s rivalry without living in London tbf...I moved to Toronto a few years ago and the vast majority of Canadian Gooners I've met don't really see the Arsenal-Sp**s rival from the prism local Gooners do, which is understandable.

I live in London and honestly I dont give a damn about Sp**s lol. The only time I cared was when we were battling them for 3rd and 4th 3 years ago, other than that Ive always seen Chelsea as the main rivals.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Tottenham are hard to hate. They are like a really annoying guy with downs sydrome. Hes annoying as hell, but you feel sorry for him at the end of the day cause his life is just so ****.

Dude, that paragraph is so full of ****:lol:

Sweggeh

Dude, that paragraph is so full of ****:lol:
Its just how I honestly feel though. I hate dem spuds but its hard to really care about them when they are so irrelevant. Maybe if they start actually being a threat to us I might take them more seriously.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Its just how I honestly feel though. I hate dem spuds but its hard to really care about them when they are so irrelevant. Maybe if they start actually being a threat to us I might take them more seriously.

Yeah but don't insult people with Downs, they're awesome:lol:

Better get this back on topic. This is not about handicapped people. We're playing Chelsea. Maybe it is.

em9999

My rainbows

I hate the likes of United and Chelsea more than Tottenham.

If you ask those Spuds though, they hate Arsenal with all their heart and it sickens them that we have a chance of winning the title this year.

Sp**s ain't hard to hate, I would hate them even if they weren't our rivals..

Their fans are a bunch of mugs and every Sp**s player makes me physically sick...

They are ****

OG J0E

Sorry to be another person quoting this but ****ing hell :lol:

Sweggeh

Well that joke went down well....

What I was trying to say in a nutshell was Spuds don't bother me too much because they are just too ****. If they were good, it would be different. Didn't mean to offend anyone. If anyone has downs syndrome here, Im sorry.

Please forgive me....

2459020872_607513a54c.jpg

morpho

Established Member
Lol, dude just stop. Better to be quiet and let others believe your stupid, than open your mouth and remove any doubt...
You wanted to say they dont matter because they are ****, by compare them to people with downs?? o_O

Sweggeh

Lol, dude just stop. Better to be quiet and let others believe your stupid, than open your mouth and remove any doubt...
You wanted to say they dont matter because they are ****, by compare them to people with downs?? o_O
Stop being so precious bruh. It was a bad joke. Let it go.

I didn't see all this righteousness when someone (can't remember who) called Joel Campbell a disabled Douglas Costa.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not in my thread please, take this outside kids. :confused:

Wish I could ban people and delete comments from my own thread, that would be sick. Like "Eh, I'm not feeling @GDeep™ today *bans*."

Sweggeh

Not in my thread please, take this outside kids. :confused:

Wish I could ban people and delete comments from my own thread, that would be sick. Like "Eh, I'm not feeling @GDeep™ today *bans*."
If that were possible, GDeep would never post again.*

*Which would be a bad thing because he is a good poster, before anyone gets offended Im making fun of GDeep.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom