• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Chelsea - Sun. Jan 24th, 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweggeh

Interview from 2014

There's a dramatic exclusive in Italian rag La Repubblica with the paper reporting that Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has dropped his strongest hint yet that his future lies with Arsenal. The French international has blossomed in Turin since leaving Manchester United in 2012, and in recent months stories have emerged linking the 20 year-old midfielder with a move to the Emirates. Asked about the rumours, Pogba admitted to Repubblica that it was no secret that he "dreamed of playing for Arsenal or Barcelona". Though he swiftly added that he was happy at Juve, it's believed Pogba could be edging towards the Gunners sooner rather than later.

Dude has been an Arsenal fan for the longest time. Young French kid, probably looked up to the likes of Vieira and Henry.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Pogba is most definitely overrated.

For every moment of brilliance he produces (and his brilliance is usually top notch), he'll also misplace several passes and dribble too long, subsequently losing the ball. His attention is the product of "football fans" who saw his highlights on YouTube and have followed media hype. In reality, he is inconsistent as hell, showing his true colors once more experienced players in Pirlo and Vidal left. Mind, he has picked up his game a lot as of late, but he is not yet anywhere near the "world-class" level he is made out to be at. At 22 years of age, he hasn't yet reached his maximum potential yet, so who knows. Ramsey is better at the moment, but I wouldn't put it past Pogba to eventually become the better player.

The unsung hero of Juventus' midfield is Marchisio, who I would say is a level or two above Pogba and possibly Ramsey at the moment. However, he is 30, so he isn't going to be around for that much longer and is an unlikely signing.

Sweggeh

Pogba is most definitely overrated.

For every moment of brilliance he produces (and his brilliance is usually top notch), he'll also misplace several passes and dribble too long, subsequently losing the ball. His attention is the product of "football fans" who saw his highlights on YouTube and have followed media hype. In reality, he is inconsistent as hell, showing his true colors once more experienced players in Pirlo and Vidal left. Mind, he has picked up his game a lot as of late, but he is not yet anywhere near the "world-class" level he is made out to be at. At 22 years of age, he hasn't yet reached his maximum potential yet, so who knows. Ramsey is better at the moment, but I wouldn't put it past Pogba to eventually become the better player.

The unsung hero of Juventus' midfield is Marchisio, who I would say is a level or two above Pogba and possibly Ramsey at the moment. However, he is 30, so he isn't going to be around for that much longer and is an unlikely signing.

Fam your having an absolute laugh here. Im sorry but anyone who watches both Pogba and Ramsey will know the difference between the two. If you take our Ramsey's great 13/14 season, Pogba is on another level entirely.

Either way I think we haven't seen the best of either player yet so lets see how they develop.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Me: What do you think of Pogba?
Person: Think he's overrated
Me: This guy knows his stuff.
You know you can be overrated while still being quality. It's a similar situation to Neymar in Brazil.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Out of ten players, eleven are apparently Arsenal fans these days, who seriously buys into this?

Players dont sign contracts because they are lifelong fans of teams unless it is Barca (ex: Cesc) and they couldnt give a toss if their boyhood club wants to keep them (*insert pic of a young RVP in his Arsenal filled room*)

The same people who buy into this likely believe the stories about how Wenger "tied to sign/knew about/was following ___" before they blew up/went to a big club and are/became top players. (imo that to me is more embarrassing. )

Both cases are PR/paper nonsense.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Several levels above ? Excuse me while I cry.

He's overrated because of the moments of jaw dropping football he produces but he's not the player you make him out to be.

You don't win best young player at the World Cup, multiple Serie A's, a CL final, the Golden Boy and the youngest player since Messi to make the team of the year by being several levels below Ramsey.

Where the hell did you get your Arsenal tinted specs from?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
You know you can be overrated while still being quality. It's a similar situation to Neymar in Brazil.
Neymar was never overrated, he was always quality, when he was 8-9 years old Santos hide him everytime a european club came to see the youth there because they knew he was something special
the kid was the bomb, and believe me i wanted him to flop like Robinho, but deep down we all knew here in Argentina that he was really a gem.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
exactly, Ramsey is several levels above Pogba.

tumblr_inline_moqvsdeiTq1qz4rgp.gif

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Several levels above ? Excuse me while I cry.

He's overrated because of the moments of jaw dropping football he produces but he's not the player you make him out to be.

You don't win best young player at the World Cup, multiple Serie A's, a CL final, the Golden Boy and the youngest player since Messi to make the team of the year by being several levels below Ramsey.

Where the hell did you get your Arsenal tinted specs from?
individual accolades are a joke, this is a sport team, balloteli won one of thoes, you can buy them you know?
he is hyped and average, and he is showing his true colours now that he is playing without both vidal and pirlo.
Ramsey is the better player, by far.
Much more commited, tecnically better, better engine, vision pass range, tactically more adept and he can work as a final third player or as a midfielder, Ramsey is stronger mentally and he pushes the team forward everytime we are being outplayed or we are losing.

Pogba has a nice shoot from outside of the box and a weird hair that makes him cool to play in videogames i guess.

I watch juve every week, he is on Kongdobia level, Appaling passing range, erratic, invisible when things gets hard/phisical, juve is going to do the bussiness of their life when they sold him for 100 million pounds or wheatever the prizetag that Marca/daily mail decides on him.

Dont get me wrong he is a young good midfielder, but if you ask me i rate Kouyate higher.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

individual accolades are a joke, this is a sport team, balloteli won one of thoes, you can buy them you know?
he is hyped and average, and he is showing his true colours now that he is playing without both vidal and pirlo.
Ramsey is the better player, by far.
Much more commited, tecnically better, better engine, vision pass range, tactically more adept and he can work as a final third player or as a midfielder, Ramsey is stronger mentally and he pushes the team forward everytime we are being outplayed or we are losing.

Pogba has a nice shoot from outside of the box and a weird hair that makes him cool to play in videogames i guess.

I watch juve every week, he is on Kongdobia level, Appaling passing range, erratic, invisible when things gets hard/phisical, juve is going to do the bussiness of their life when they sold him for 100 million pounds or wheatever the prizetag that Marca/daily mail decides on him.

Dont get me wrong he is a young good midfielder, but if you ask me i rate Kouyate higher.

He and the whole Juve team had a rough start, everyone has to adapt to losing two top top class players. He's been one of their key performers for Juve in their recent good run of form and has 5 motm's to his name this season.

If you want to ignore all the accolades he's gotten bar the one that you can form sort of arguement against before proceeding to rate Kouyate higher then we can just end this debate now. Nothing positive will come of continuing this.

adpree

The team & Wenger?

No way - how could you underestimate a team that you hadn't scored against since before the internet.

Maybe some fans did but not the team.

Costa was an obvious threat and he had hit some decent form recently. Willian was running wild along with fabregas in midfield. The defensive high line of ours was **** under such circumstances.

We did little to mitigate their threats, conceded a stupid goal, got a player Sent off and lost in a pretty toothless manner. Screams of underestimating an opponent to me.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Costa was an obvious threat and he had hit some decent form recently. Willian was running wild along with fabregas in midfield. The defensive high line of ours was **** under such circumstances.

We did little to mitigate their threats, conceded a stupid goal, got a player Sent off and lost in a pretty toothless manner. Screams of underestimating an opponent to me.
Screams of not being up to the task..........I'm a sportsman and I could never underestimate someone who had beaten me consistently for the last decade - not sure how anyone could think they could underestimate Chelsea -unless there's another meaning for underestimate that I don't know.

adpree

Screams of not being up to the task..........I'm a sportsman and I could never underestimate someone who had beaten me consistently for the last decade - not sure how anyone could think they could underestimate Chelsea -unless there's another meaning for underestimate that I don't know.

Your position in the league compared to a team below you. These guys are rather new to being top of the league. Don't realise there is a long way to go and they have to fight for their keep.

Couple that with the sheer number of losses Chelsea have endured this season, you tend to get cocky. Perfect recipe to underestimate an opponent if you ask me.

Giroud

Established Member
Neymar was never overrated, he was always quality, when he was 8-9 years old Santos hide him everytime a european club came to see the youth there because they knew he was something special
the kid was the bomb, and believe me i wanted him to flop like Robinho, but deep down we all knew here in Argentina that he was really a gem.

Some of the stuff Neymar was doing in Brazil was incredible. Doesn't matter who he was playing against he was always a special player.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Your position in the league compared to a team below you. These guys are rather new to being top of the league. Don't realise there is a long way to go and they have to fight for their keep.

Couple that with the sheer number of losses Chelsea have endured this season, you tend to get cocky. Perfect recipe to underestimate an opponent if you ask me.
You really believe the players underestimated Chelsea? Frankly, I just cannot see that - impossible for me to even countenance that. That line of thinking seems so far at the other end of the spectrum I find it impossible.

Chelsea still beat them in the league earlier in the season - maybe they felt confident going into the game (although it looked anything but in the early stages of the game) but cannot for one minute even begin to think they were complacent & underestimated the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom