• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Leicester - Sunday 14.02.2016 - 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I like Vardy. He has done things the hard way and probably because the football wasn't as rigorous as, match day aside,it may have been he should be in a position to play well into hos thirties.

Dave

Sorry!

Anything from the game is a bonus, the goal is champions league and nothing more at this moment in time... that alone will be incredible.

We're all a bit bewildered with what's going on at the moment.

Dude. You weren't being cocky. Just balancing off against selective bias read from your forums. Enjoy the ride. No doubt Leicester deserve to be where they are and if they keep it up they will deservedly be champions.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Sorry!

Anything from the game is a bonus, the goal is champions league and nothing more at this moment in time... that alone will be incredible.

We're all a bit bewildered with what's going on at the moment.
You and most of England, mate. @Rimaal always believed though.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The cockiness is exactly why I don't just root for a underdog in a race like this, they just don't behave like that good hearted heroes we see in the movies.

Underrated post.

That's why I, even as a football fan, and not just as an Arsenal fan root for Arsenal.

Too good that quote tbh, @Aevius

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Dude. You weren't being cocky. Just balancing off against selective bias read from your forums. Enjoy the ride. No doubt Leicester deserve to be where they are and if they keep it up they will deservedly be champions.

I was being sarcastic, mate. There's a trend of opposition fans coming on here and talking ****... then getting banged. :p

Truebl956

Just been on the Leicester forum and what a bunch of cocky brats these lot have become the City win has them thinking they'll turn us over easily.

I'm seeing comments like "easy peasy" "1-4" ect.. One of them saying we're now an Elite club and Arsenal are bottlers ect...

They think the league is in the bag :D

Let's just smash these lot and start their collapse

Link me to these comments

Bould14

I can see them ripping us a part on the counter. I think the key is going to be getting them to pass it around and lose it allowing us to hit them on the break with our pacey players.

Dave

I was being sarcastic, mate. There's a trend of opposition fans coming on here and talking ****... then getting banged. :p

I knew that but he seemed to take it seriously. So hard to tell sarcasm from genuine comments sometimes. Someone called Leicester 'frauds' on here earlier. If they were being ironic then it was a quality joke but if they were being serious then it was a terrible post.

Truebl956

Yes but when we get Cocky we go to Southampton and get demolished 4-0 lets hope it follows suite.

Precise Arsenal wasn't battling relegation this time last year Leicester City fans or the ones on this particular board think this is it for them they've made the big time Champions League every season from hear on in. They don't think to realise that if a club comes in with a serious bid for Mahrez his off not to mention we have already signed the scout who found Mahrez and Vardy in January lol.

Good on Arsenal too. We can't have teams like Leicester signing players like Mahrez for £400.000 we need a bench warmer for Alexis

:cool:

You haven't signed Steve Walsh, the guy who actually scouted Mahrez and vardy (beaten to it)

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We still haven't got any trolls coming here yet, so they're not that cocky.

Against home we rarely lose. We weren't sharp against West Ham, and we ****ed up against Chelsea. We won't lose this match. I'm not sure if we'll win it, but we won't lose it.

Remember a few Leicester fans popped up here before our first meeting, they were all decent posters tbf.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Underrated post.

That's why I, even as a football fan, and not just as an Arsenal fan root for Arsenal.

Too good that quote tbh, @Aevius
I see where you are coming at, but I actually said the exact same thing in my post.

To paraphrase, at first I saw them as nothing more than overachieving underdogs. It wasn't what made me "support" them (can't think of right word, more like respect?), in fact it's kind of annoying to me as well. I'm sure you understand my respect for them, no need to rewrite that part.

babyblue

Looking forward to Lineker's pants
I can see them ripping us a part on the counter. I think the key is going to be getting them to pass it around and lose it allowing us to hit them on the break with our pacey players.
We've changed our system because of the previous game and it's been working brilliantly. In the 18 games since that one, we've only conceded 13 goals, which is the lowest in the league during that time.

At the start we played with attacking full backs, they would join in the attacks and overlap. Now they rarely venture forward when we counter, they will stay mostly in line with the two centre backs to restrict gaps for the oppo to break into if we lose the ball.

Dave

We've changed our system because of the previous game and it's been working brilliantly. In the 18 games since that one, we've only conceded 13 goals, which is the lowest in the league during that time.

At the start we played with attacking full backs, they would join in the attacks and overlap. Now they rarely venture forward when we counter, they will stay mostly in line with the two centre backs to restrict gaps for the oppo to break into if we lose the ball.

Oh the irony. A battering turned you into beasts.

Do you know anyone who backed Leicester at the start of the season at 5000 to 1?

chessygoal

I somehow feel very confident for this one, Kos and Gabriel can handle Vardy and Monreal will take care of Mahrez. The only question is Walcott or Giroud?
Huth and Morgan are so slow that even if they sit deep, theo could hurt them.

babyblue

Looking forward to Lineker's pants
Do you know anyone who backed Leicester at the start of the season at 5000 to 1?
Not personally, a friend of a friend on facebook is the bloke who had £5 on it that has been in the papers the last few days.

Biggest confirmed one I saw a bookie saying someone had £40 at 5000/1 and another with a £75 each way bet and was on for something like 300k

eye4goal

Established Member
Matching their energy levels will be key here. Bournemouth who always outrun their opponents managed two comfortable draws against them, only conceding one goal. Our approach at Leicester would be too risky for me, and would probably suit them more(don't see us recovering if we go behind). I'd go with Elneny over Flamini, Ramsey wide and Walcott upfront.

Dave

I'd love to see some graphics about how this season has shifted. The way Leicester started the season shipping loads of goals and have become one of the strongest sides defensively - a graphic of where their goals conceded ranked after each match. Also a graphic of how Sp**s started to pick up points and started to score goals and gradually caught up with the top scoring sides.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Not personally, a friend of a friend on facebook is the bloke who had £5 on it that has been in the papers the last few days.

Biggest confirmed one I saw a bookie saying someone had £40 at 5000/1 and another with a £75 each way bet and was on for something like 300k

Those people have enough money if they're throwing it away like that. We have hindsight, they didn't.

I got them at a 5/1 with €10. That way if we lose at least I'll have something. But money won't heal my broken heart. :(

Dave

Those people have enough money if they're throwing it away like that. We have hindsight, they didn't.

I got them at a 5/1 with €10. That way if we lose at least I'll have something. But money won't heal my broken heart. :(

Arsenal's odds shortened quite a bit after Leicester beat City. After that win I think Sp**s became the best value as they're 4th favourites still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom