• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Smith

Established Member
How did Barcelona get to sign Neymar and Suarez?
Despite all that FIFA disciplinary action and banning them from transfers? It's like they went through and got them unnoticed.
Couldn't the big teams in the world match their financial muscle?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Was it just me or did Barcelona not look as good as Bayern when we face them?

Bayern annihilated us during parts of the game.

Bayern can beat Barca. But first they have to keep Juventus from scoring more than 1 in Munich.

WhatAFC

Why did Kos not foul Suarez, it's on the touch line, he knows we're being countered. It's ridiculous he didn't foul him and take a yellow.

Jazz

Positives

I totally called the result

9/10 performance before they scored

Negatives

I warned about not committing too many people forward trying to push for a goal because not conceding was a priority, once again we haven't learned our lessons from past CL ties.

We won't even rest player in the useless 2nd leg because otherwise we'll get crushed, sigh.

Flamini exists

and of course; our finishing is comedy at it's best

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Frustrating to say the least, we were the most dangerous looking side for the majority of the match. Defensively solid and well organised for majority of the match until the final 20 minutes.

Ramsey -undid all his hard work and defensive contribution with truly woeful passing.

Ox - missed the sitter and took a heavy touch that stopped a very good attacking movement. Apart from these two key moments he actaully played well and caused Barcelona problems, shame about the injury.

Giroud - I am no stranger to giving Giroud stick but I can't understand the stick he is getting tonight, I thought he played well.

Poor subs - Walcott was anonymous I was screaming at the telly when came on instead of Welbeck who offers more defensively as well he would of added height and power which Barcelona were struggling with. I was screaming at the telly even more when the spent Flamini came on for Coquelin. Even if Coquelin was shattered or injured surely Chambers and Elneny would have been better options?

How did Alba not get sent off?

At least Koscienly was back to being fantastic tonight.

raag

Shure lol...

ecjkcd0icsvvubtjneic.gif

I remember watching this live and jumping off the couch. What a player he is. Don't think any arsenal fan would begrudge him his success. Alves and busquets are grade A Fcuktards though

Bould14

We did alright defending for 70 minutes. The moment I saw us fannying around in final third, with Coq pushed up, I knew we might be in trouble.

We all know we aren't good enough yet to challenge properly for this trophy, but it was still gutting to lose that after defending so well for two thirds of the way. Welbeck should have started, a battering ram CF like Giroud is useless when our game plan is to counter exclusively. I'd really like someone to explain the benefits of Giroud over Welbeck at this point, because any pros Giroud has Welbeck does, but Welbeck actually makes runs that you would expect a CF to make, and can also run at defenders with the ball. Deserves a run in the team.
I didn't understand why we started chasing a goal. 0-0 isn't a disaster.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
People will think that we are collapsing because of this result. Just watch the media now.

On the contrary that was a valiant performance. I expect to see improvements in our follow up games.

Our performance was largely fine, but we need to score goals or we're going nowhere. Giroud, Sanchez and Theo all look shot in front of goal, Welbeck as much as I love him doesn't have an amazing goalscoring record either and that's putting it mildly. Where are the goals going to come from?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We had chances but I never really felt we were in it.

Unlike in previous games where we had a ton of talent that you'd fancy to make the right decision.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not really. A Vardy would have done the job.

Why did he not play Walcott centrally as soon as he brought him in??
It's possible. Any clinical player may have done really. The Judas of 2 years ago probably would have sufficed. I don't like to hazard a guess as to what Wenger is thinking. That's potentially a very dark rabbit hole but I'll try. The only thing I'd say is that we looked like maybe we'd get some joy from Giroud winning the ball against their much smaller defenders and setting up a chance. He probably wanted to keep playing the same way thinking like for like replacement for a hobbled Ox. Also Theo has been dire in front of goal for some time so I don't know how much he'd have done centrally. Maybe Welbeck could have been brought on earlier but he's not long back from injury so I understand being careful. Really the question is why we don't have a better squad throughout but only Wenger knows that.

I did think we did put up a good effort. We just weren't clinical enough and made too many mistakes.

Lets get back to what we are good at. Going out in round 16 of the CL, fighting for fourth place in the PL and winning the FA cup!!! COYG!!!! :(

How did Barcelona get to sign Neymar and Suarez?
Despite all that FIFA disciplinary action and banning them from transfers? It's like they went through and got them unnoticed.
Couldn't the big teams in the world match their financial muscle?

Debts and endless debts. Loans over loans again and again.

Barcelona is anti company that's been protected by FIFA corruption for way to long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom