• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Cb7b6EwW0AIRgrF.jpg

Becoming a familiar sight in these big games.
Mirror imaging of Rooney's goal vs Arsenal at the Emirates in LVG first season. Infinitely worse since this was a two legged tie.

Didnt learn a thing after the first leg vs Monaco last year.

Tie/campaign over.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I'm sick of playing well when it doesn't matter.

Team is just a reflection of the manager...Wengers teams have always been bottler (the 2004 team shoud've won the CL, an all time great and would've given the mighty Barca of 2010 a run for it's money bottled it against Chelsea who hadn't beaten us for close to 10years). I mean we should be running away with the league, but we're doing a might good job in trying not to win it.

Last edited:

kopzilla

Always Negative
We will never improve our game play with Wenger in charge. I have always been a pro - Wenger fan but I think only some one of Guardiola's calibre can take this team ahead. The reason I have not be against him is that if we don't get the right manager, it could potentially be a disaster for the club.

However, I think there some change in his attitude towards losses...earlier he used to praise the team and play down our mistakes. He would have said something like.."We had good chances to score..we did not take it..hence we lost". This is probably the first time he has criticized our technical ability.

He knows our weaknesses...yet he has not been able to address them...remember those days when we used to crash out of the CL, Carling Cup, FA Cup and even the title race within a week..there was that painful loss to Man Utd in the FA Cup just after we lost the tie to Barca in the CL...and Ferguson had fielded the reserve team...we had losers like Chamakh upfront...:lol:

Last edited:

kopzilla

Always Negative
Oh, look who's back with his scheduled rant.

His thoughts resonate with most of us though...he is right...every season we talk ourselves up and make ourselves feel better...but in terms of results we have been very much mediocre..The main disappointment is the manner in which we leak goals and our tendency to totally look out of shape when we lose possession.

General

Established Member
Mirror imaging of Rooney's goal vs Arsenal at the Emirates in LVG first season. Infinitely worse since this was a two legged tie.

Didnt learn a thing after the first leg vs Monaco last year.

Tie/campaign over.
The positioning wasn't the problem. It's the fact that we often let the attackers out of jail when we have more numbers. Neymar should not have been allowed to get out for Barca's first goal but we are a team that don't play dirty and commit cynical fouls so we find it difficult to prevent these attacks. Barca actually committed more fouls than us on the night which was surprising really as most teams naturallyresort to comitting a lot of fouls to stop them. We tried to play too much of a clean game yesterday possibly mindful of the ref's rep and the usual red cards and penos Barca get and it eventually cost us.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
The positioning wasn't the problem. It's the fact that we often let the attackers out of jail when we have more numbers. Neymar should not have been allowed to get out for Barca's first goal but we are a team that don't play dirty and commit cynical fouls so we find it difficult to prevent these attacks. Barca actually committed more fouls than us on the night which was surprising really as most teams naturallyresort to comitting a lot of fouls to stop them. We tried to play too much of a clean game yesterday possibly mindful of the ref's rep and the usual red cards and penos Barca get and it eventually cost us.

Are we looking at the same picture? :lol:
Cb7b6EwW0AIRgrF.jpg

The competition is 180 mins not 70. No reason to go so gung ho looking for a goal. Positioning was 1000% the problem :lol:

Yes someone should have taken a yellow for the team and been a little dirty but to say positioning wasn't the problem as we pour players forward against the best attacking team in the world to then get hit on the counter is madness.

General

Established Member
Are we looking at the same picture? :lol:
Cb7b6EwW0AIRgrF.jpg

The competition is 180 mins not 70. No reason to go so gung ho looking for a goal. Positioning was 1000% the problem :lol:

Yes someone should have taken a yellow for the team and been a little dirty but to say positioning wasn't the problem as we pour players forward against the best attacking team in the world to then get hit on the counter is madness.
Come on don't be naive. Still pictures never tell the full story.

Mastadon

Established Member
Outplayed them in the first 10 minutes maybe. 20 mins to first half was them on the up and and second half apart from a couple chances I don't think they were very troubled. Cech saved us from humiliation overall 2-0 is a very fair result.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Come on don't be naive. Still pictures never tell the full story.
I'm sorry but what tells the full story then? It was really stupid of us to overcommit the way we did. I actually felt that our possession was a ploy of Barca's when they couldn't pry us open in 70 minutes. They knew how we attack and how easy it would be to counter us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom