• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McIntyre

Established Member
Big points for me:

1. Gabriel is over-rated and has been on this forum since day 1, he isn't the answer to our problems

I remember the game against Liverpool earlier in the season where Chambers had an absolute nightmare, and people were banging on about how great Gabriel had been even though he was also playing like utter s**t, missing headers, playing people onside, giving away fouls...

Some people just see what they want to see.

3. Walcott was beyond atrocious

Walcott is beyond atrocious.

7. Our mentality wasn't right

It almost never is these days.

8. Man U were there for the taking

Man U have been there for the taking for 3 seasons now, and we've beaten them only once and taken a grand total of 5 points from 18.

It just shows what an absolute joke this club has been for a long while now.

Anders_Limpar

Ferguson said in his autobiography he detected Wenger was going soft years ago now his Getting softer and softer. Can't drill his players can't make them realise the importance of a game.

Hell his players are smoking and drinking till earlier hours in clubs, some of them or even cheating on their wives screwing models on hotels. Guy has no control

This is an important point. There's not fear factor around him. The players get away with murder season after season. They need to put in a massive shift away at Old Trafford to get a result. They need to run like men possessed.

At United Fergie ruled with an iron fist. There was minimum standard expected. You had to run your socks off every game. If you didn't you'd be up in the stands for the next game. Let him down more than twice and you were out the door.

Wenger believes in cultivating players. This is admirable but too often it's lead him to put up with terrible professionals who have no right at a big club. ie. Squillaci, Almunia, Bentner, Eboue ... I could go on and on ...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You honestly think Suarez wouldn't be thriving in this team right now? Lol ok. We'd be at least 3 points clear and if he wanted to **** off to Barcalona fine.. They could have him for 70m.

I think the point is that we cannot hold onto such level players.

Özil and Sanchez are quality, but there are options equal, if not better than them at the elite clubs.

We took advantage of two lucky breaks with them. That's what we about.

easy Z

Still cannot believe we didn't sign either Aubameyang or Higuain when we had the chance. Criminal. :mad:

Wenger has to be the biggest irritant when it comes to transfer windows.

eye4goal

Established Member
Looked like we were playing 4-2-4 today. Wenger is too concious about our lack of goals that he threw in too many attackers at once. We are trying to compensate for too many issues and are creating new ones in the process.

Utd playing a B team made it easy for them to sit back and play on the counter at home.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

By the way, we just resurrected United. Their fans were a mess (like we are now) before this game and now going crazy. Old Trafford was brought back to life.

AVENTUS

This is an important point. There's not fear factor around him. The players get away with murder season after season. They need to put in a massive shift away at Old Trafford to get a result. They need to run like men possessed.

At United Fergie ruled with an iron fist. There was minimum standard expected. You had to run your socks off every game. If you didn't you'd be up in the stands for the next game. Let him down more than twice and you were out the door.

Wenger believes in cultivating players. This is admirable but too often it's lead him to put up with terrible professionals who have no right at a big club. ie. Squillaci, Almunia, Bentner, Eboue ... I could go on and on ...

Top post totally agree.

stajlarN

Exactly! So you agree with me that player selection wasn't the issue here and it was down to the players not showing up at all today?
well, I always have a problem with walcott on the field.. aside from him sure. Its not a new phenomenon that we die when it really matters though

P

PayableOnDeath

Nobodies going to ban you mate. The mods are OK here
That stadium has taken us forward but has also taken us back. Wenger built a stadium but destroyed beautiful football. He detroteedb the arsenal of Vieira and henry

raag

Never ever ever said this before. But if we don't win the league this year, and it seems unlikely we will at this rate, it is time for Wenger to say bye. The mentality simply isn't there. The players don't seem to give a ****, probably because they'd be picked week in week out anyway. The managed can't drill into their heads the importance of these kind of games. He can't get them pumped for it.

His selection today. Why on earth was Gabriel playing instead of per. Per is a far far better defender. Why bring Iwobi on instead of Campbell? This should be his last season if we don't win the league. Enough is enough

Mastadon

Established Member
Me too. Sign Suarez instead of Özil that summer and I'm 99% sure we'd have won the league.

Could have signed both. And Higuain as well. Absolutely poverty that a club with the budget we have can't do better than what we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom