• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilursin

I just cant see us winning the title now, there was absolutely no fighting spirit in the team yesterday, NONE what so ever,, we looked like we didn't even want to win, every player looked like he had his mind else where, poor poooooooor passing and ridiculous attempts at crossing the ball and getting the ball into the box,,,, its been awhile since I've seen such an uninspiring performance from the lads

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would love to know how long we spent with possession in our own half. Seemed to spend half the match doing our best Chuckle Brothers impression. To me to you to me to you, just get it up field.

Then you have Walcott dribbling in his own half again the halfwit, those mazy runs of his must have been obliterated from my mind as I can’t recall them ever coming off for him apart from twice in a ten ****ing year career.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Aren't Ramsey and Walcott counted as "home grown"? Plus they're British. That's why they are still here.
Home grown is lost on me.

I look at City and Chelsea wondering how they have so little home grown players and manage to get by okay and we have so many and people are always chirping on about how we need to add to the quota and need to keep xy and z to comply with it.

Hart, Delph, Sterling and Clichy are the only hg players I think City have.
Chelsea have Terry, Cahill and Fabregas?

Am j missing something?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Was worse when we lost to Villa on the opening day.
No it wasn't. Nobody knew how bad Villa were going to be and we still had 37 games to make up for it.

This was a game against an out of form depleted United team who are out of the title race and one which we were firmly in. We had huge incentive yesterday. Disaster of a result.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Home grown is lost on me.

I look at City and Chelsea wondering how they have so little home grown players and manage to get by okay and we have so many and people are always chirping on about how we need to add to the quota and need to keep xy and z to comply with it.

Hart, Delph, Sterling and Clichy are the only hg players I think City have.
Chelsea have Terry, Cahill and Fabregas?

Am j missing something?

City and Chelsea both have very small squad registered squads, something like 20-22 players but have key players like Sterling and Zouma which don't yet have to be registered.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

City and Chelsea both have very small squad registered squads, something like 20-22 players but have key players like Sterling and Zouma which don't yet have to be registered.
So how did they comply with the homegrown rule. We have Gibbs, Ramsey, Welbeck, Wilshere, Ox, Chambers, Bellerin, Walcott and probably a few others who comply with the home grown rule.

Surely we can afford to trim a few with the amount we have got? Or if necessary register a few younger ones ie Chambers

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Tbf that was a good play. When was the last time you saw any of our attackers running at a defence like that.

That's exactly my point, a player like Sanchez should have had a field day with those two at centre back. Instead we all we could muster was some harmless passing in midfield and a few half-hearted long balls and crosses.

I don't want to take anything away from Sisto but look at how Carrick comes flying in there, amateur stuff.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Right from kick off at no point was I on the edge of my seat, and at no point did I think we would win. When we did score where was the fist pumping? Nowhere to be seen! Both goals were like we had just scored to make it 5-1 rather than goals that actually put us right back in the game. Disaster game, disaster season.

I have no idea if a team has ever won the PL with more than 6 defeats, I know 6 has been done before and that's what we are on now. We need to win every game left to have a chance, and thats not going to happen!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We would have fared better against a full strength Utd team. The fact that they were depleted through injuries made them decide to sit back. And imagine if they had Rooney in place of Bashford....

General

Established Member
That's where tactical adjustments come into play. You will always get a chance to score against Wenger's flexible system. To be fair the first goal was so fortuitous and you cannot legislate for the Gabriel's error.

ChampagneFootball

Lads, for a team that isn't coached in their defensive organisation like ours, it's a rarity that we'll beat an organised team with enough skill to hurt us.

That's why we lost to Barcelona, United and will lose to Sp**s. For us to beat Sp**s, all 11 players would have to play very well. But this group don't even seem to care.

ChampagneFootball

We would have fared better against a full strength Utd team. The fact that they were depleted through injuries made them decide to sit back. And imagine if they had Rooney in place of Bashford....

Rooney would have found himself in equal amounts of space and probably finished both of those chances, too.

General

Established Member
If anyone thought this loss was bad,wait till we travel to Everton on Saturday for a 12:45 kickoff after playing Barca on Wednesday. That game should come with a massive health warning.

Last edited:

raag

Yes I expect the board's decisions about a manager who's served 20 years will be driven by opinions on Arsenal Mania

Obviously I meant that the anger here will probably be reflected across the entire arsenal fan base. Not that the board has ever cared what fans want

gunnercelt35

If anyone thought this loss was bad,wait till we travel to Everton for a Saturday for a 12:45 kickoff after playing at Barca on Wednesday. That game should come with a massive health warning.

The Barca tie is done. Rest Cech, Özil, Alexis and a few others and utilize the squad. Defeatist? Sure is but also realist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom