• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJJ

Established Member
I have a rule.. that i try not to comment in here if i get really angry, but i must break it today, because i'm finally fed up. How the **** can you LOOSE to a ****ING Swansea B-side on HOME soil, in a game of THIS IMPORTANCE.. Making **** substitutions..
I'm just.. i dont know what the **** i should do. I feel like punching something.

stajlarN

First of all, what a ****ing joke. We really are the biggest bottlers in world football, ****ing disgraceful.
Second, I dont care how bad sanchez is right now, surely even wenger must realise that sanchez at 10 % is better than walcott at 100? Walcott is a ****ing ghost and a fraud. **** **** **** I hate that I care so much, **** this **** man. **** this team

ChampagneFootball

Jesus wept Arsenal have collapsed. Really though you lot would win it after that last minute winner v Leicester.

Really, really could have done without this result. That's Swansea safe now which is dire news for us.

Will this be Wengers last match do you lot reckon?

No chance. Wenger has a job for life at Arsenal provided he continues to offer our uninterested American owners a considerable profit, dividend and significant cash reserves.

Unfortunately, the majority of our fans are all bark no bite. They'll spend 90 minutes sighing every bad pass and make the atmosphere a really difficult one for the players and then they will be happy when one win comes and believe it is some kind of turning point only to get worried when the pressure is on and start crying after every bad pass again. The only sight of descent that was appropriate tonight was booing the ridiculous Campbell substitution. Campbell's performance exemplified everything I would want from a footballer if I was a manager - a refusal to hide or give up, constantly trying to get behind the defence, constantly wanting the ball. The entire opposite of what the rest of our pussies showed and have been showing for weeks. Then Wenger subs him. Hilariously bad. I hope the stubborn Frenchman apologises to Campbell tonight.

Anyway, the positive is we're still in touching distance of Tottenham. Hooray!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Campbell with a sublime performance, scored, very involved... and first to be subbed off???

We were amazing in the first half, only conceded because of a foul that they didn't give to us, for which our players were sitting around and waiting for. Per and Ramsey could have been better to stop it. Their second goal was also pretty fluky, but the cross in was sublime so fair play to them. We need a new striker and manager is what I learned.

We hit the post + crossbar 3 times total. Giroud was pretty ****. Second half was a disaster, imo it started when Campbell went off and we lost his good workrate inside midfield and outside.

cc @MutableEarth

We were unlucky not to score more in the first half, but how much of it is bad luck vs just poor quality from the players on the park?

The real issue for me was our midfield, and that it was non existent yet again. Everytime we lost the ball during the game, we were susceptible to a counter attack. Coquelin is the only form of resistance in the middle and naturally his impact is washed away.

On the bright side, if there is one, we tried today, we tried to force the issue. Which suggests that they thought they could still somehow force themselves back into the hunt.

Unfortunately a combination of poor form, lack of proper personnel and lack of planning against clear and repeated tactics from the previous game cost us yet again.

Wenger has no clue what to do at the moment Im afraid.

D

Dial Square 1886

A bit worrying when you look round the squad and wonder what we have been doing for the last 4/5 years. So many players who are not really good enough.

OSBK

Established Member
so poor yet again.

another "patched up" team does a number on us.

every team presses high against us and we struggle to pass the ball forward, Swansea did the same as man utd/Southampton and others and cut off our CM. in the first half Campbell was our outlet and it was a hugeeeeeeeee mistake taking him off.

a win today and a win against the spuds puts us in a great position going into some tough fixtures, now the pressure is at its peak as 1 more loss means title over.

days like this are when not leaders or magic players get you points, its when you have a lethal player upfront who will make the difference.

on a positive I thought coq was outstanding and Campbell looked like he should have led the line instead of giroud. crazy crazy crazy why we took him off.

McIntyre

Established Member
Orbinho ‏@Orbinho 17s17 seconds ago
Arsenal have won three of their last 11 games in all comps - Burnley, Bournemouth and 10-man Leicester.

Sackable offense when we should be miles ahead of the league.

What more do people expect when we've got a sh*tty, disparate, chaotic, disorganised style of football that can be countered by simply putting people behind the ball and waiting for our players to run into the brick wall?

Same sh*tty football for years, undermined in the exact same way, just with different players.

Maxim

original.gif

This was Wenger right after...

The guy in the white polo...Gazidis..is that you?

Ind0Gunnerz

After people thought Leicester will crumble based on yesterday's result, turns out they are the winners as today the others bottled it. BUT LOSING AT HOME AGAINST A RELEGATION TEAM WHO MADE 6 CHANGES IS (#*$&(*$^#!!! They were not even trying to win the game as they have eyes on the next fixture, but still win against us who are "Fighting for the title".

KillaJax

Our midfield remains a problem... Our attackers still remain a problem... Our defence has been steadily collapsing...

Are we allergic to winning the league? I seriously do not understand our mentality. I love Wenger, would never advocate for him to be sacked or retire (resign if we finish behind Sp**s), but he needs to re-evaluate his team. This is not a time for idealism or pretty football, get ruthless and take the non performers out.

This game was stupidly unlucky. It was to easily set up for us to win... We just couldn't win such an easy game (on paper). Even the commentators were baffled at how we managed to drop points here. The second goal was very unlucky and our finishing is at least getting closer to the goal :lol: i.e. hitting the bar 3 times.

Don't want to think of Sp**s finishing ahead of us until the end of the season so I will only hope for a top 3 finish where Sp**s are not involved. The title is a long way off tbh. Even though we are only 4 behind Leicester... The way we have been playing makes this a ridiculous task.

Anders_Limpar

can we finally give up on coq-ramsey as a midfield pairing?

it's worse than flamini-arteta

You can't say much bad about it today.
We created bucket load of chances. They both stuck their foot in and tackled. We dominated possession and created chances. The reason we lost was
(a) We can't defend as a unit.
(b) Our defenders are ****.
(c) We are far too predictable in our shape and movement off the ball.
(d) Wenger took off a flying Campbell to play the lanky Wellbeck on the wing who clearly IS not any use as a wide man.

Charisma

Seriously. People still have hope? These bottle jobs don't deserve to touch a Premier League medal.

We couldn't beat Swansea at home. How the hell are we going to go to WHL, Goodison Park, Upton Park, Etihad Stadium and get three points at these stadiums. The title is over, get real lads.

Jazz

Wenger will probably resign end of season, I reckon.
I don't think he will. Unlike others, I'm under no illusions that he's this great honorable guy. He's stubborn and idealistic to the point of delusion. He won't see any of it as his fault.

Everyone running the club is so, so out of touch with the fans. They don't understand ho losing to Untied last week was disastrous and won't get what all the up roar's about when Sp**s win the PL. We made top 4 didn't we? Guaranteed profits! They'll wait for things to die down a bit and continue on like usual; lying about our willingness to spend in the summer, offering each other payouts, bonuses and extensions.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm not even angry. The damaged was done on the weekend.

One thing that surprises me with Arsène Wenger is how outdated he is with his system he loves to play.
Every other manager has moved on learnt new things and had to adopt.

Even Ferguson regularly refreshed his backroom staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom