• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We dont even have a style anymore, just a mess. I can't tell what the game plan is. We can even do the try part of trying to walk it in...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The blame for this loss lies squarely on Wenger's shoulders. We were never going to get an electrifying performance from the team and all we needed was to keep things steady. Campbell and Sanchez were having a decent game and the balance was ok yet Wenger somehow convinced himself it was appropriate to take both of them off. Seems to me Wenger planned his subs in advance and ignored the way way the game unfolded. Ramsey who can't do no wrong in Wenger's eyes was average and so was Giroud but somehow they both lasted the full 90minutes. It was diabolical man management from a manager who is still stuck in the dark ages of tactics. 2 decades at this club and Wenger still manages games like a coach who's just obtained his coaching badges.

Did you think our midfield was balanced on the day General?

To me, we look hopelessly porous throughout the game. Now this could be because of our desperate desire to push up and get the goals. What I did find that was better was the attempted pressing and closing down of players.

General

Established Member
It wasn't great but the subs completely ruined our shape. We ended up with 3strikers on the pitch and no width. It was so predictable and we lost the game from an impossible position against a team than had rested key players because they had one eye on Norwich. Disgraceful stuff all round and a game like this reminded me why I stopped going to games. Cold night, horrible display from players and manager and a mission getting to and back from the stadium.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Did you see that ludicrous display last night ?

It was poor, we had no plan from the beginning other than to get the ball back and attack as soon as possible. The boys tried their best from the first minute, but the factors were just against us. Combined with the fact that we are unbalanced as a unit as well.

We are in a situation where our technical quality isnt good enough to mask our setup anymore. In the past the quality of players was good enough to drag us through these periods.

Wenger is not structured enough, and we are paying for it.

MagicalRozza

In the communist Poland there was a saying - whether you stand or lie you deserve your pay. Nobody gave a crap about efficiency or results as the economy was not based on profit, it was just supposed to occupy people so they don't riot. To me this is the attitude presented by the board, a large part of the team and the manager. I wanted us to start Campbell, Wellbeck and Elneny in place of Walcott, Giroud and Ramsey as these guys would at least show up and work hard. I switched off the TV the moment I saw the Campbell substitution and Walcott warming up. How right I was...

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Clubs shouldn't be about building as much profit as possible for the board to line their pockets. It's pretty disgusting. I don't know why people pay for tickets.

Why would a club sit on close to £200 million in cash reserves when spending just 30% of that wins you the league and you get that money back again?

Pricks.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It was poor, we had no plan from the beginning other than to get the ball back and attack as soon as possible. The boys tried their best from the first minute, but the factors were just against us. Combined with the fact that we are unbalanced as a unit as well.

We are in a situation where our technical quality isnt good enough to mask our setup anymore. In the past the quality of players was good enough to drag us through these periods.

Wenger is not structured enough, and we are paying for it.
Too true - it's hit me like a ton of bricks. There's no gameplan and the lack of real quality in certain areas is alarming.

If this Arsenal side had a manager that could tactically outwit an opponent then we'd have a damn good chance of winning the league. We don't though. There's nothing ingenious about our play - nothing avant garde. It's old hat and other teams know how to beat us.

Make no mistake when healthy we can call upon some seriously talented footballers and like against UTD. @ home, they can turn it on but you need a gameplan most of the time and whatever the gameplan might be, Arsenal players don't seem to be able to follow it or have no idea there is one.

If I hear Wenger tell me his players were nervous or the handbrake was stuck up their Arse one more time, I'm going to...:mad:

Bashii

One other thing that annoyed me last night...

The right hand side of Bellerin and Campbell was causing them all sorts of problems, they knew they had the beating of their defense and they were making holes and creating chances.

So what do we do? Switch wings. Alexis comes over who is far less defensive minded than Campbell, forces Bellerin, who looked well up for the task last night, to sit deeper and let Alexis do his thing on the right.

Instantly less potent attack! Whose f*cking idea was it to change the one thing that was working for us?!!

And then to take off Campbell (And NOT Giroud) for Theo?? Well the crowd said it all there.

Giroud had one of his worst games for us, the ball bounced off him time and time again, he offers nothing behind the defense, nothing when he comes short, nothing when he drifts wide, average in the air and cannot create a chance for himself. He is like playing 10 vs 12.

progman07

Established Member
As you can see we clearly have better defenders at Arsenal :). Wether hes **** or not its leaders and strength of character that can win games.

That's such a myth though. When did Lampard, Terry and Gerrard win anything with England? They did win trophies with their club though.

It's quality, organisation and mental preparation which wins games, not individual 'leaders'. You can have three Tony Adamses in your team and Walcott will not touch the ball more often, Ramsey won't play the ball faster and Flamini won't be less clueless. Giroud won't miss less chances either.

Chanberry

Ashley Williams is a terrible defender.Gets beaten for pace.Horrible marker.Gets caught ball watching all the time.One of the main reasonss why Swansea have conceded one of the highest proportion of goals from set pieces.

Bananacoffee

Coming back from the absolute rage I was in yesterday, part of me thinks the result is extremely unfair on the team.

I mean, Sanchez doesn't hit the post and bar and he's back on form. Giroud is a mess, but still very close to getting a good goal today. Plus Swansea had two fluke chances and scored them both.

Sometimes it's just not your day I guess.

One positive I take from the game is Coquelin, he breaks up play and slows down counter attacks like no one else. If only Ramsey wasn't so shiet our midfield would look half decent with him in the side.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hope Campbell didn't think the boos were for him :(

**** Fabianski though, guy was a tool here for years. Cost us endless matches and can't even gift us a soft goal. Prick.

natural

Established Member
Just hope the players sort it out by themseleves and find a way to get the f**king Spuds out of the title race, just ignore Wenger and get your tactics by yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom