• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopzilla

Always Negative
cc @MutableEarth

We were unlucky not to score more in the first half, but how much of it is bad luck vs just poor quality from the players on the park?

The real issue for me was our midfield, and that it was non existent yet again. Everytime we lost the ball during the game, we were susceptible to a counter attack. Coquelin is the only form of resistance in the middle and naturally his impact is washed away.

On the bright side, if there is one, we tried today, we tried to force the issue. Which suggests that they thought they could still somehow force themselves back into the hunt.

Unfortunately a combination of poor form, lack of proper personnel and lack of planning against clear and repeated tactics from the previous game cost us yet again.

Wenger has no clue what to do at the moment Im afraid.

He or Primorac or Bould are all equally clueless.When we lose, he puts it down to bad luck, bad decisions, tiredness and injuries. His solution to our problems is to assume that we are doing the right things, keep doing those things and hope that we will start winning again. This is why he is so nervous from the first minute till FT. He has little to no clue about tactics or a plan B. His body language doesn't exude confidence or conviction in his ideas or philosophy. For 90 mins, he is simply a silent spectator like the rest of us.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I can completely understand wanting to bring Welbeck on, but choosing the one guy whos shown he's actually capable of scoring instead of a dustbin who's been useless for 10 games and a winger who's been equally as poor, was just such a horrible, horrible decision.

Poor Campbell. Hardly going to do any good for his confidence is it. Seems like the fighting type, hopefully this won't damage him too much.

Balance is key

I can completely understand wanting to bring Welbeck on, but choosing the one guy whos shown he's actually capable of scoring instead of a dustbin who's been useless for 10 games and a winger who's been equally as poor, was just such a horrible, horrible decision.

Poor Campbell. Hardly going to do any good for his confidence is it. Seems like the fighting type, hopefully this won't damage him too much.

Didnt really look like the fighting type when wenger took him off - he looked broken

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The fans actually got behind the team for this, there were obviously a few groans but overall the team just didn't respond to them.

GunnerInPluto

Theo should not be in the starting line up. I wont mind Jeff taking his place, or better still Iwobi.
Theo is at an all time low, and it is pitiful seeing him everytime. Theo needs a break.

GunnerInPluto

I mean Theo should not be in the starting 18 for the rest of the season.
Football is not all about sprint with no end results. Now, he doesnt even sprint. He collects the ball and gives it to the opponent.

Bananacoffee

I'm tired of this lame old excuse (no offense).
There've been so many "not our day -games" this season, that I wonder whether most of the squad would be better of in another job ffs.

I didn't mean to defend the players, they should have buried the game in the first half.

Just saying sometimes you need that little bit of luck, it clearly wasn't on our side yesterday. Don't think the performance was all that bad honestly, we get those two goals instead of hitting the bar and crossbar and nobody complains about Sanchez, Ramsey etc in here.

AVENTUS

I had West Ham to win at 3/1 put £400 so a return of £1200 plus my stake so £1600 in total... I also put £100 on draw at half time and West Ham to win at full time..... And I was going to put £100 on west ham and Swansea to win but I couldn't bring myself to do it I knew we would lose I said it after the Man U game I would of been half way to Barbados by now if I did

You got balls of steel to risk that amount in such a game. Congrats.

West Ham play Everton away next. What do your reckon £400 pays pretty much the same

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Can someone point me in the direction of one time this season where we've took advantage of other team's results?

We've bottled every opportunity to make ground on our rivals. Such an embarrassingly weak mentality when it really matters.

Can't believe what i witnessed tonight, i really can't. Probably our worst result this season if i'm being honest. Relegation battling Swansea, at home, when a win would have put us in decent shape going forward.. So so so so disappointing.

We've been ****ing terrible at home this season. And we were meant to win the league during the second half with our home form. Useless.

Remember when people were saying that dropping points against WBA and Norwich to go top weren't a big deal because "we had plenty of games left" :lol::lol:

Alarm bells were ringing for me when that happened, we even had Cazorla in the side.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Gets even worse btw:
This is exactly what i've been saying. We've been getting worse every season. It's just that this fact is masked by the other top teams getting worse too.

Wenger will try and attribute the points tallies to the league getting more competitive but i think it's clear to see we've gotten worse.

StoppageTime

It's sad seeing Claude saying we don't deserve to win the title, looks a broken man and I can't really disagree at this point, very sad. Say what you want about him but the man has real passion in him, the same passion that we can all relate to.

Thay being said, there is still time to win this. For me, Campbell is the key. Literally lol at the fact that some here still don't rate him, the man is a revelation, if you genuinely don't see his quality you're in for a deserved humbling. Just drop the agendas, he's just going to keep making a fool of you. Wenger, play him EVERY SINGlE game, for ****s sake. **** WALCOTT, that amateur level bottler, and forget Ox for now. Campbell is performing NOW. It's like the football gods have handed us a lifeline (undeserved tbh). TAKE IT FFS.

Seriously though **** Walcott. Wtf is he doing at this club, let alone as the top earner. WHAT THE ****!!??? @TheEconomist put it beautifully earlier in the thread. Poverty player doesn't even do that soft **** justice.

**** WALCOTT.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Did you see that ludicrous display last night ?

It was poor, we had no plan from the beginning other than to get the ball back and attack as soon as possible. The boys tried their best from the first minute, but the factors were just against us. Combined with the fact that we are unbalanced as a unit as well.

We are in a situation where our technical quality isnt good enough to mask our setup anymore. In the past the quality of players was good enough to drag us through these periods.

Wenger is not structured enough, and we are paying for it.

Sorry @SA Gunner but the correct answer was.
:lol: :lol:

@TheEconomist was surely referencing @Jasard saying we dont even try and walk it in anymore. :lol:

fabo

6.51 / 10
Almost had it with this season.

In previous years, I knew we weren't good enough to win the title. But there's no excuse this season as the quality at the top is so poor.

Only silver lining is that we might get a change in the Summer. Would love to see what someone else could do with the resources we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom