• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Considering Mkhitaryan isn't renewing and only has one year left we should be all over him tbf.

Fantastic stats from the wing, great workrate, good age, can play almost every attacking position... Dream signing quoi.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Our attack is a travesty still. The RW position is filled by average dross

2 top attackers if we want to compete for everything. Mahrez, Gotze, Miki, Nolito.

Every season there are holes somewhere. Probably end up shoving Ramsey back there and Iwobi.

Won't get any of those, deep down we all know it.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Records are nothing. Projected revenues are what matter in the argument you're making.

We've spent less than QPR and West Ham in the last five seasons - without taking into account player sales. We are the 5th richest club in the world, we continually get shafted for tickets and still fill the stadium. No reason to get antsy over this stuff, and it's not really relevant if you consider we are talking about signing ONE older player.

Realistically there are going to be some outs this season as well.

Further, we're saving at least £200-300K p/w in wages from Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini leaving.

dysphoria

Established Member
I've always slated wenger and i'll be honest, signing vardy doesn't excite me the same way signing suarez would have but if we do sign vardy, it'd be a sensible move, he's not world class but he doesn't need to be, he'd essentially be our Defoe and considering the lack of proper forwards knocking about, i guess i wouldn't mind vardy.

20mil for a forward with league experience who'll give you 15+ goals, has pace, immense work rate and will win us a few pens and doesn't mind a scrap, tell you what, between spending 50-60mil on a morata or 10mil on some unknowm dutch lad, 20mil for vardy makes sense, assuming he plays with the same intensity he did last season, he'd be the forward that walcott was supposed to be. The question i have is whether wenger can motivate him the same way ranieri could, two different management styles though.

Jazz

o_O I saw the BBC article and immediately though it must be a joke. :eek: So, so conflicted right now. Yes there is the smaller issue of his punchable face, diving and possibly racist tendencies but the bigger issue here is that he's 29! You can bet he won't be having a better season than the one he's just had, he'll be declining soon. Plus, there is also the real chance that he ends up being a 1 season wonder.

On the other hand we could very easily do nothing and have Giroud as our starting striker next season again so at least we'd be avoiding that. Still, I feel we can do better. Just spend that little extra on Lukakku for instance, way more upside with him.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
o_O I saw the BBC article and immediately though it must be a joke. :eek: So, so conflicted right now. Yes there is the smaller issue of his punchable face, diving and possibly racist tendencies but the bigger issue here is that he's 29! You can bet he won't be having a better season than the one he's just had, he'll be declining soon. Plus, there is also the real chance that he ends up being a 1 season wonder.

On the other hand we could very easily do nothing and have Giroud as our starting striker next season again so at least we'd be avoiding that. Still, I feel we can do better. Just spend that little extra on Lukakku for instance, way more upside with him.
You can't bet on that. Look at Aduriz.

Jazz

Worried our hottest football team status will be put at risk with this potential signing. And it was going so well too with the addition of Xhaka. :(

Godwin1

Very well-known
We're paying 20 million for a guy who could be banging the goals in for 2 seasons, that's if the rumors are true. Sounds like the type of signing we've all been desperate for Wenger to make for years.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Vardy's playstyle is heavily reliant on his pace, which declines with age.

It's a fair assumption to make.
Hmm, I guess but he is physically good and clever. By the time he slows down we'd need to buy or promote from within, anyway.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

And if he does drop off we spent 20 million pounds on him which is nothing. Low risk/high reward. Great signing if we can get it over the line. At worst we're looking for a striker again this time next season after we burn Giroud in a purification ritual and Vardy then becomes a great 2nd choice.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I like this. The fact that he is a short-term solution (and a good one at that) means that we'll be able to ease in youngsters over time. Kind of like what some of us wanted with Zlatan signing. Either that or we wait for some better options to arise in the market, as it is admittedly quite lackluster at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom