• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don't why I was thinking that El Neny Coq would be our most defensively solid pairing. Still can't believe we shipped in four goals with them there

remains

United look like they're getting their swagger back whilst we are still the same old soft bellied ****s. Sickening.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I don't why I was thinking that El Neny Coq would be our most defensively solid pairing. Still can't believe we shipped in four goals with them there

FVCK defensive solidity. this was a home game, only vs Liverpool, they should not even be a given top4 team

He lined up us for a 0-0 game with no creative spark whatsoever

We didn't lose because we attacked too much we lost because we did nothing

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
United look like they're getting their swagger back whilst we are still the same old soft bellied ****s. Sickening.

And people here thought it a bad move to go for Zlatan...

Wenger probably didn't even consider him due to age

He frekkin scored! He instills a winning mentality in every team he has played in.

What a ****ing joke

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Wenger think's he's bought a striker and the b*stard chicken's out, he has a centre back pairing that had the most clean sheets in the league last year and one needs the rest after the euros (achilles/back suspect) and the other gets injured pre-season, and then his back up CB gets injured, he pays good money for Xhaka who can't make a single decent tackle in a crucial opener, 2 more players then get injured, one of his players misses a vital penalty,

That's a lot of unlucky sh*t, management skills and opening result aside.
He's had nearly 2 months since Vardy backed out and this is the 11th summer in a row he's left us short somewhere. Stop making excuses for him. He's got more autonomy than any other manager at a big club does and he's routinely neglectful of the squad. This season is no different. If this were an isolated affair then you could bang on about how unlucky he is with some credibility. Given that this has been the state of affairs for more than half his tenure here now it has no credibility. You make your own luck and his has come home to roost as it does every season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Agree about Cech actually. Think Ospina has looked better over the past 6-8 months.
I have to disagree blaze. I recall Cech having 2 shaky games last season and saving our bacon with massive saves more times than I can count. He was easily the 2nd best keeper in the league for me and given that De Gea is borderline supernatural at times there's no shame in being 2nd best to him. Ospina admittedly was better than expected when Cech missed those few games to injury but Cech was still clearly the better keeper. He was probably left exposed more times last season by our amateurish defending than in his last 5 at Chelsea. His positioning was poor on 1 goal today and he made a few good saves to keep things from getting truly humiliating and had we come back to rescue a point he'd have played his part in it. I don't think it's fair to judge him with 2 green 20 year olds as a CB pairing and a midfield that can't keep the ball in front of him.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
one doesn't really fancy any of our players with a penalty...giroud aside maybe....and that's 100% an issue of mentality
Most players in general want nothing to do with penalties. Even more so at Arsenal because once you miss one, you just know our fans are going to be terrible to you. So can you really blame them in this situation?
:lol:

Believe it or not, there are still some Giroud faithful. Although, honestly, it's best to steer clear from them if possible.
I don't hate him. As long as a player plays for Arsenal, I get behind and support them. Is he one of the top strikers in the world? No. He's still a player that gives us 20+ goals in even his worst season though.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This guy spent his life as an Arsenal fan. Breaks my heart seeing him so disappointed.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Trying at the stats and trying to comprehend what happened today. A couple of numbers hit me:
Callum chambers completed 70 passes today, more than Coquelin & Elneny combined. Yes Callum Chambers.
Let's also note as well that Ramsey completed 26 passes...Yes 26!
(By the Xhaka had 25 passes competed in 20 min).
There is no way we could have won that game today with that set up.
Between the three in the MF, we have less than 100 competed passes.
This was just dreadful. I would love to hear a rational explanation on starting these three together.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Trying at the stats and trying to comprehend what happened today. A couple of numbers hit me:
Callum chambers completed 70 passes today, more than Coquelin & Elneny combined. Yes Callum Chambers.
Let's also note as well that Ramsey completed 26 passes...Yes 26!
(By the Xhaka had 25 passes competed in 20 min).
There is no way we could have won that game today with that set up.
Between the three in the MF, we have less than 100 competed passes.
This was just dreadful. I would love to hear a rational explanation on starting these three together.
Laughably Elite Ramsey and Average As **** Eleney couldn't string together 70 passes the whole game combined, nothing to shocking there mate.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That wasn't such a great start... When the 1-4 goal went in I stopped watching and started cleaning the house, I was so frustrated. I honestly cannot take another season of this. We are so like we were last season and the seasons before that. We are at best just standing in place or more likely regressing. It's August and I have already given up. Great feeling... :( This is going to be such a long season. And with ****ing ManU and Mourinho winning on top of it. I cannot even get angry anymore. I am just despondent. As long as Wenger doesn't sign a contract extension. If he does that I am not sure what to do. Now for a gin and tonic before I am off to bed. At least I can finish the day in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom