• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammit

I'm on a holiday with my girlfriend and Arsenal totally ruined it. I can always rely on Arsenal if I want to jump off a bridge.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Known Arsenal female blogger. She writes as well for Sabotage times.
She knows her football and her articles on tactics are well thought.

She's right especially about Ramsey ,what is up with him ? Refuse to help out defensively ,first great chance to play Alexis in, he tries to lob the keeper . Alexis never had a chance at CF .

law90026

Established Member
She's right especially about Ramsey ,what is up with him ? Refuse to help out defensively ,first great chance to play Alexis in, he tries to lob the keeper . Alexis never had a chance at CF .
He thinks he's much much much better than what he really is. That's the issue.

He plays well for Wales because he can do whatever the **** he wants in that team and the other guys (bar Bale) will cover for him. Put him in a team which needs structure and it all goes to ****.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He thinks he's much much much better than what he really is. That's the issue.

He plays well for Wales because he can do whatever the **** he wants in that team and the other guys (bar Bale) will cover for him. Put him in a team which needs structure and it all goes to ****.

I've lost trust in the bloke, not in his ability but whether you can trust to him to do team things .

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Ramsey plays like **** because he's allowed to do whatever he wants. Wenger doesn't define roles for the players. He wants them to play "their game" and express themselves. Its a ridiculous philosophy unless you're running an academy.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ramsey plays like **** because he's allowed to do whatever he wants. Wenger doesn't define roles for the players. He wants them to play "their game" and express themselves. Its a ridiculous philosophy unless you're running an academy.

I don't buy that , I know it's a popular theory around here but I believe he does give them specific roles and the attackers have more creative licence when we have the ball so it should be .

FinnGooner

Established Member
People act like the players go out there and decide for themselves where to position themselves in different situations. Either they were told to do what they did or then they actually were allowed to improvise. Either ways it's poor coaching. After a collective chaos that we witnessed yesterday you have to look past individual mistakes. It was a poorly prepared team with a poorly implemented game plan, if there was any. Way too little talent on the pitch for us to go out improvising. The coaching staff is supposed to provide structure and game plan for the team. The players didn't get any help from them. The coaching staff should do more than just select the players and the formation. For example, if you give Ramsey a free role, don't be surprised if he plays poorly. The manager should know what his players are capable of.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

I have to disagree blaze. I recall Cech having 2 shaky games last season and saving our bacon with massive saves more times than I can count. He was easily the 2nd best keeper in the league for me and given that De Gea is borderline supernatural at times there's no shame in being 2nd best to him. Ospina admittedly was better than expected when Cech missed those few games to injury but Cech was still clearly the better keeper. He was probably left exposed more times last season by our amateurish defending than in his last 5 at Chelsea. His positioning was poor on 1 goal today and he made a few good saves to keep things from getting truly humiliating and had we come back to rescue a point he'd have played his part in it. I don't think it's fair to judge him with 2 green 20 year olds as a CB pairing and a midfield that can't keep the ball in front of him.
I might be being harsh I suppose. I just expect a lot from him and there's been more than a few goals I can remember in the more recent months (going back to end of last season) where I think he could have done better. He definitely still makes big saves though, and his box control is still top notch.

novarek

You can put Ramsey at goalkeeper or in that desert role Sanchez was having today. He will still be blamed for not helping in our transition. He went off and the attack was still crap, if anything Pool had an easier time containing us. Cazorla is better at set pieces sure, but we never looked like we were making Pool suffer after that.

The big problem was Elneny's worthless performance, which got fully found out in Klopp's half time talk. It was simply a matter of stressing Monreal beyond his limits and keeping both Coq and Holding busy, the guys making the few actually productive transitions. We looked like a pub team from that point until Iwobi had to come off.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Souness: "Arsenal football club right now they're a business. They're not so much about football as running a business"

Henry: "It looks like players don't want to come to play for Arsenal football club"

Last edited:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
7amkickoff on Arseblob made the same points (in more details) I made earlier in different posts. This MF set up was a disaster, poor in possession/ poor in transition, bad spacing. It is clear that Ramsey will not play the next few games, but if we don't have a playmaker in MF, we will face the same predicament again next week end.

"The key stat is that Alexis couldn’t get into the game. He took one shot, a pot shot from distance that was blocked. He was also just 1/8 on aerial duels, made just 1 key pass, and had just 1 dribble. In the end he only even touched the ball 28 times.
That was entirely because Arsenal’s midfield couldn’t retain possession. Coquelin only completed 76% of his passes. Holding only completed 74% of his passes. Chambers completed 81% of his passes. Not only that but the entire back four dominated Arsenal in touches: Monreal led all of Arsenal with 109 touches, Chambers 99 touches, Holding 70 touches, and Bellerin 52.
The big problem is that Arsenal’s players didn’t have anyone to pass to and were often caught in possession without a teammate around to help bail them out. Ramsey made just 26 passes in the 60 minutes he played before pulling his hamstring."
"On offense, Arsenal were unable to move the ball up the field and on defense, for that crucial 20 minute period where Arsenal were left chasing shadows by Liverpool’s superior passing — they simply couldn’t catch up, Arsenal were exposed for space time and again."

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/ar...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Yeah, we've lost the moral high ground of possession stats as well. Hope we get our act together against Leicester.

progman07

Established Member
I'm on a holiday with my girlfriend and Arsenal totally ruined it. I can always rely on Arsenal if I want to jump off a bridge.
You should know better than to even check the Arsenal results during a holiday. Who cares anyway, seriously? It's getting to the point where you just watch Arsenal matches to laugh at the same old mistakes.

nicky47

Established Member
It's astonishing when you look back over the last couple of seasons how many clean sheets we've actually managed to keep, when we all know something is very wrong at the club. Yesterday being a great example. I understand our very young defensive partnership was always going to struggle, but a few quick passes and we get torn apart.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
It's astonishing when you look back over the last couple of seasons how many clean sheets we've actually managed to keep, when we all know something is very wrong at the club. Yesterday being a great example. I understand our very young defensive partnership was always going to struggle, but a few quick passes and we get torn apart.

Exactly. It was not about our young cbs, but the lack of "tightness".
First half we were always near the ball, when they played a pass one of our players was only a second away, quite good and agressive play against the ball.
Beginning of second half that was all gone - and also no disrespect to Liverpool and Klopp, we all know what he stands for and he has had a little time now to implement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom