• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We conceded 4 goals at home against a sh!te Liverpool that is also wracked with injuries. Can you imagine how we would have fared against a better team?

And make no mistake, they were sh!te. Better organised sh!te with more drive to win, but still sh!te.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
We conceded 4 goals at home against a sh!te Liverpool that is also wracked with injuries. Can you imagine how we would have fared against a better team?

And make no mistake, they were sh!te. Better organised sh!te with more drive to win, but still sh!te.

Imo you lack respect for Liverpool, get used to them being back in the race, Klopp does not need a luxury squad.

We also missed a lot of our players, so why bring bring the injury argument to the table at all?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's astonishing when you look back over the last couple of seasons how many clean sheets we've actually managed to keep, when we all know something is very wrong at the club. Yesterday being a great example. I understand our very young defensive partnership was always going to struggle, but a few quick passes and we get torn apart.
The headlines for the defence are actually encouraging. We've had a couple of golden gloves in the last few years and an overall good record. The issue is that once we concede one we're liable to concede two or three. And that use to be fine when we could outscore teams, you score three we'll score four. We cannot do that anymore, yesterday being the most recent reminder.

I'm not sure how you fix that. Thankfully I'm not paid 8m per year to solve it but if I was it'd be a top priority.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Imo you lack respect for Liverpool, get used to them being back in the race, Klopp does not need a luxury squad.

We also missed a lot of our players, so why bring bring the injury argument to the table at all?
I do not lack respect for Pool, nor Klopp, who I think is a great manger. But the fact remains, they were sh!te yesterday.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I do not lack respect for Pool, nor Klopp, who I think is a great manger. But the fact remains, they were sh!te yesterday.
Indeed. Any half decent team would have torn us a new one Yesterday.... Which Liverpool did anyway.

Just shows how much a decent manager can do with average players. Wenger literally needs the best team on earth to get anywhere near the title.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We'd have lost to 16 out of 19 possible teams yesterday anyway, Pool weren't great. It's been a known issue for long that we tend to be vulnerable right after the break, and Pool capitalized on that.
Sure, their equalizer came at the worst possible time, but that's no excuse for our first fifteen-twenty minutes in the second half.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

What's your point" If both teams were at full strength, we win. Simple. Liverpool will lose their next game.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What's your point" If both teams were at full strength, we win. Simple. Liverpool will lose their next game.
I don't give a damn who Liverpool lose or win to; I do give a damn that WE we were not only beaten by them, but conceded 4 goals to them AT HOME.

As to my point, my post made it clear enough, but I'll spell it out for you since you seem to constantly need it; as things stood last night, we wouldn't stand a chance against better teams.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We conceded 4 goals because we have not experienced defense Liverpool conceded 3 goals yesterday with their first choice defense. Yesterday was a game to forget defensively for both teams. Klopp just like Wenger he like to attack but won't get away with it with Lovren Kalavan and Moreno as your first choice defense.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

To speak a language you understand, Ill ask.

What the **** are you smoking?

Based on that performance yesterday there is nothing to conclude about Liverpool being part of the race. If anything, it was a timely reminder that they are still pretty overrated at this moment. They have it all to prove, if they are to be serious contenders. Luckily they still have time to settle in.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
we had our third choice CB pairing
we had a poverty midfield, probably worse than our CBs
a FW in the ST position

I was instantly disgusted by our team. A draw would have bee good, and a win would be a miracle probably.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Just read this on arseblog and it's sad but somehow telling at the same time:
After Man City Arsène Wenger seemed happy with the physical preparation, saying:

We could see that we have played together for a while now, so there’s a good fluidity and understanding in our game … physically we look ready.

After yesterday’s debacle:
Physically we are not ready … we are not capable of maintaining the level, because not all the players have the same level of preparation.

goonerwarsh

Established Member

It is sad you're right, it stinks of a man who is literally making it up as he goes along.

I've felt this for ages with Wenger, it's completely reflected in the teams performances. Even when we've maybe stumbled on a team selection that half works it feels like he just says 'ok let's go with that and see if that works' as though there's no real plan behind anything, the team doesn't have any clear identity, there's no underlying plan to what we're doing other than let's stick 11 players on the pitch and tell them to keep passing and see if we can unlock a defence - regardless of the personnel on the pitch we'll just play that way.

There's no intensity, no purpose, no tactical nous either from a defensive or offensive point of view.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's had nearly 2 months since Vardy backed out and this is the 11th summer in a row he's left us short somewhere. Stop making excuses for him. He's got more autonomy than any other manager at a big club does and he's routinely neglectful of the squad. This season is no different. If this were an isolated affair then you could bang on about how unlucky he is with some credibility. Given that this has been the state of affairs for more than half his tenure here now it has no credibility. You make your own luck and his has come home to roost as it does every season.
With respect you didn't read my post. I said, 'management skills aside', all those events just happened. There are certain things as a manager you can't control and sh*t seems to happen to Wenger more than most. Like 3 CBs missing or 4 injuries already before the first game had ended, and that doesn't include his long term ones. He didn't go out and kick Gabriel himself ffs and these are not excuses.

Coutinho's free kick was inch perfect. He could take 10 of those and only one would go in. Walcott could take 10 penalties and normally 7 or 8 would probably go in. Wenger can't control these things.

You can only blame a manager for decisions he makes, like not buying enough quality players, or making sure your most confident player takes a penalty before the match, which is what you're talking about.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

After Man City Arsène Wenger seemed happy with the physical preparation, saying:

We could see that we have played together for a while now, so there’s a good fluidity and understanding in our game … physically we look ready.

After yesterday’s debacle:
Physically we are not ready … we are not capable of maintaining the level, because not all the players have the same level of preparation.

b6488ee3.gif

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Even against man city we were not ready defensively we were in trouble every time city attacked us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Even against man city we were not ready defensively we were in trouble every time city attacked us.
Yet the manager doesn't spend and makes statements after that game which suggest he was entirely satisfied with the current fitness of the squad. 'Clueless' is the only word that comes to mind.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yet the manager doesn't spend and makes statements after that game which suggest he was entirely satisfied with the current fitness of the squad. 'Clueless' is the only word that comes to mind.
He is getting us Mustafi even if we bought him few days ago he wouldn't start because he just like Josh not ready yet. You can't do nothing about it when your experienced defenders Mertesacker and Gabriel got injured and we forced to play chambers and holding who are our 4th and 5th choice at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom