• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With respect you didn't read my post. I said, 'management skills aside', all those events just happened. There are certain things as a manager you can't control and sh*t seems to happen to Wenger more than most. Like 3 CBs missing or 4 injuries already before the first game had ended, and that doesn't include his long term ones. He didn't go out and kick Gabriel himself ffs and these are not excuses.

Coutinho's free kick was inch perfect. He could take 10 of those and only one would go in. Walcott could take 10 penalties and normally 7 or 8 would probably go in. Wenger can't control these things.

You can only blame a manager for decisions he makes, like not buying enough quality players, or making sure your most confident player takes a penalty before the match, which is what you're talking about.

Injuries to CBs were out of his control, but I think what really grates people is that the injury to Mertesacker should of been redundant as he shouldn't of been anywhere near first choice this season.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Poor Wenger the victim.
A victim of the market, a victim of injuries. A victim of players underperforming. A victim of circumstance. A victim of the board. A victim of the fans. A victim of bloody modern football culture.

Why the fvck do we tolerate such a monumental victim as a manager of our club?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He is getting us Mustafi even if we bought him few days ago he wouldn't start because he just like Josh not ready yet. You can't do nothing about it when your experienced defenders Mertesacker and Gabriel got injured and we forced to play chambers and holding who are our 4th and 5th choice at the back.
WE'VE KNOWN WE NEED A STRIKER FOR 4 YEARS YOUSIF. WAKE UP!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I thought you are talking about defense. I'm confused
Just think about it for half a second. With a proper striker we put Sanchez back in his rightful position. Liverpool then struggle down their right with Sanchez closing down their RB constantly. The CB issue was unfortunate yes. BUT, it isn't the only glaring deficiency of our squad. AW simply must take 100% of the blame for this result.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is sad you're right, it stinks of a man who is literally making it up as he goes along.

I've felt this for ages with Wenger, it's completely reflected in the teams performances. Even when we've maybe stumbled on a team selection that half works it feels like he just says 'ok let's go with that and see if that works' as though there's no real plan behind anything, the team doesn't have any clear identity, there's no underlying plan to what we're doing other than let's stick 11 players on the pitch and tell them to keep passing and see if we can unlock a defence - regardless of the personnel on the pitch we'll just play that way.

There's no intensity, no purpose, no tactical nous either from a defensive or offensive point of view.
If he has no plan, just sticks 11 players on a pitch, stumbles on a team selection, has no purpose or intensity and no tactical nous then how the f*** did he beat Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man C last season. And why didn't Aguero, Silva etc tear us apart last week.

You're either over-reacting because you're pissed off, or purposely spreading dissent just to whip people up in order to affect change.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
He is getting us Mustafi even if we bought him few days ago he wouldn't start because he just like Josh not ready yet. You can't do nothing about it when your experienced defenders Mertesacker and Gabriel got injured and we forced to play chambers and holding who are our 4th and 5th choice at the back.

Come on yousif, that's a cop out for Wenger and nothing more.

Per got injured more than three weeks ago? How's it possible for Arsenal to conclude a deal for Mesut ****ing Özil within three days, but fail to bring a defender in within ten days, so that he can immediately slot in?

When we signed Mertesacker on deadline day in 2011, he started the very next game vs Swansea.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If he has no plan, just sticks 11 players on a pitch, stumbles on a team selection, has no purpose or intensity and no tactical nous then how the f*** did he beat Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man C last season. And why didn't Aguero, Silva etc tear us apart last week.
Another one of your gems. Go look past last season (The anamoly that last season was) and go look again at our results against those teams. Pool aside, I think you'll find we struggled for years against them. Let us not forget the humiliating defeats we have suffered under this man. you can go back as far as 5-0 to Chelsea in 1998.

'But keep making excuses for him.

Examples of his tactical naivety can be found in the following:

Man City 6 - 3 Arsenal 2013
Arsenal 2 - 3 Tottenham 2010 (Absolute disgrace)
United 6 - 1 Arsenal 2001
Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal 2014 (Show me his tactical genius in this game. Please I beg you!)
Tottenham 5 - 1 Arsenal 2008
Arsenal 1 - 3 Monaco 2015

I can go on and on and on

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just read this on arseblog and it's sad but somehow telling at the same time:

More excuses and more ****ing lies. That's the one thing about Wenger that winds me up to no end, the ****ing lies.

"We work day and night to sign a player, if we find the right one we will do it."
"I see Walcott as a striker."
"Chambers can be a central midfielder, that's where I see him."
"We are now in a position to compete with other clubs."

It's all regurgitated bollocks, I'm sick and tired of it. We as fans deserve better.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Another one of your gems. Go look past last season (The anamoly that last season was) and go look again at our results against those teams. Pool aside, I think you'll find we struggled for years against them. Let us not forget the humiliating defeats we have suffered under this man. you can go back as far as 5-0 to Chelsea in 1998.

'But keep making excuses for him.

Examples of his tactical naivety can be found in the following:

Man City 6 - 3 Arsenal 2013
Arsenal 2 - 3 Tottenham 2010 (Absolute disgrace)
United 6 - 1 Arsenal 2001
Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal 2014 (Show me his tactical genius in this game. Please I beg you!)
Tottenham 5 - 1 Arsenal 2008
Arsenal 1 - 3 Monaco 2015

I can go on and on and on

Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal
Southampton 4-0 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-3 Aston Villa
Arsenal 0-2 West Ham
West Ham 3-3 Arsenal (after we took a 2-0 lead)
Every Chelsea defeat etc.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

7amkickoff on Arseblob made the same points (in more details) I made earlier in different posts. This MF set up was a disaster, poor in possession/ poor in transition, bad spacing. It is clear that Ramsey will not play the next few games, but if we don't have a playmaker in MF, we will face the same predicament again next week end.

"The key stat is that Alexis couldn’t get into the game. He took one shot, a pot shot from distance that was blocked. He was also just 1/8 on aerial duels, made just 1 key pass, and had just 1 dribble. In the end he only even touched the ball 28 times.
That was entirely because Arsenal’s midfield couldn’t retain possession. Coquelin only completed 76% of his passes. Holding only completed 74% of his passes. Chambers completed 81% of his passes. Not only that but the entire back four dominated Arsenal in touches: Monreal led all of Arsenal with 109 touches, Chambers 99 touches, Holding 70 touches, and Bellerin 52.
The big problem is that Arsenal’s players didn’t have anyone to pass to and were often caught in possession without a teammate around to help bail them out. Ramsey made just 26 passes in the 60 minutes he played before pulling his hamstring."
"On offense, Arsenal were unable to move the ball up the field and on defense, for that crucial 20 minute period where Arsenal were left chasing shadows by Liverpool’s superior passing — they simply couldn’t catch up, Arsenal were exposed for space time and again."

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/ar...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Totally agree with your analysis. As good as Ramsey was in the Euros, Santi or Özil are so much better in that role he played yesterday and hopefully Xhaka will adapt quickly.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I don't give a damn who Liverpool lose or win to; I do give a damn that WE we were not only beaten by them, but conceded 4 goals to them AT HOME.

As to my point, my post made it clear enough, but I'll spell it out for you since you seem to constantly need it; as things stood last night, we wouldn't stand a chance against better teams.
Playing that team, obviously not. But you can't say Liverpool were wracked with injuries without acknowledging our own predicament.

I'm not in any way excusing it. Wenger got what he deserved. The fact Liverpool were clearly so **** makes it all the worse.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Totally agree with your analysis. As good as Ramsey was in the Euros, Santi or Özil are so much better in that role he played yesterday and hopefully Xhaka will adapt quickly.

Xhaka is a good player he will adjust and adapt. Wenger likes to keep players on the bench for their first game so they can see the PL pace from there. Yesterday though that was a bad time to do so. Your MF was found out early and often.

law90026

Established Member
Nah nah, Mert wasn't just injured. He's been injured for a few weeks now. But we continued to dilly-dally in the market anyways.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax which other manager at a big club has a lovely result like this to boast?
Man C 6-1 Man U
Southampton 6-1 ManU
Newcastle 5-0 Man U
Chelsea 5-0 ManU
York 3-0 Man U
Man C 5-0 ManU
Man U 1-4 Liverpool
All under the best manager the EPL has ever seen, Sir Alex. There's a load more I couldn't be bothered to post tbh.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Injuries to CBs were out of his control, but I think what really grates people is that the injury to Mertesacker should of been redundant as he shouldn't of been anywhere near first choice this season.
Well, he gets a lot of stick for being slow but his stats for Arsenal and Germany have been very good. We had the most clean sheets last season didn't we? But I agree he needed replacing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Man C 6-1 Man U
Southampton 6-1 ManU
Newcastle 5-0 Man U
Chelsea 5-0 ManU
York 3-0 Man U
Man C 5-0 ManU
Man U 1-4 Liverpool
All under the best manager the EPL has ever seen, Sir Alex. There's a load more I couldn't be bothered to post tbh.
Fair enough but I don't see a single score with an 8 in it there. SAF also won the trophy how many times?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Fair enough. He also won the trophy how many times?
Totally agree. SAF the best manager the EPL has ever seen so far. Can't argue with facts . . . just over top rants resulting from people being pissed off :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom