• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Man C 6-1 Man U
Southampton 6-1 ManU
Newcastle 5-0 Man U
Chelsea 5-0 ManU
York 3-0 Man U
Man C 5-0 ManU
Man U 1-4 Liverpool
All under the best manager the EPL has ever seen, Sir Alex. There's a load more I couldn't be bothered to post tbh.

Comparing Ferguson's record to Wenger's is not an argument you're going to win.

Cruisio

Established Member
@THunter

Tha's exactly what I was saying the other day. He claims there's no value in the market yet Payet and Kante both moved for low fees last season and they both could have improved us.

He's at the point where he's just one giant cliche now, I want out, i've wanted out for ages and i've said for ages I would take being rubbish for a long while if only to see things CHANGE.

I'm tired of knowing how the season is going to end for us the moment it starts, it's boring, we're boring.

Bendtneer

1st game of the season and such a **** line up.Its reminds me of the days when we use to start with denilson,eboue in mid field..Chambers should be send on loan or solid he ****e his pants everything when he is one on one against a quality attacker.I dont no whats the point of Ramsey wanna be lampard who cant control a freaking ball.Then we have theo who had one good move all game.Wenger you are doing this from 10 years.Every ****ng yr the same thing.Arsène wenger reminds me of a famous quote by Einstein "Trying to do the same thing over n over again and expecting different result is insanity.We can sign a peak Maldini with Nesta n we will still concede such stupid goals.4 years he is trying to replace judas.Still he cant find that special special quality.Arsène has totally broken me..

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like Coq but he seems to have been let off lightly given he was one of the main reasons we were basically playing with zero midfield.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No. I've never spoken to you before. I was happy to let you continue your pseudo-intellectual gimmick. But when you make a comment of '3-4 times' on a match thread where Arsenal lost 3-4 and then desperately resort to personal attacks and feigning innocence, it's a bit tiresome.

As you were then, kid.
CXRAgIXW8AAR_kY.jpg

goonerwarsh

Established Member
If he has no plan, just sticks 11 players on a pitch, stumbles on a team selection, has no purpose or intensity and no tactical nous then how the f*** did he beat Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man C last season. And why didn't Aguero, Silva etc tear us apart last week.

You're either over-reacting because you're pissed off, or purposely spreading dissent just to whip people up in order to affect change.

Yes I'm p**sed off because sure if you're taking yesterdays game in isolation it could maybe, maybe be excused as just a bad day at the office.
We have not been able to defend properly for years. It's people like you that just accept this, and excuse it. This man is paid millions and millions of pounds and yet cannot correct fundamental issues that continue to haunt this club.

Wenger talks time and time again about consistency and he is right to. That's about as close as you can get to trying to come to logical conclusions about where we are. There are some things that we do well at, we are good at finishing in the top four. We have delivered that on a consistent basis so credit Wenger for that, particularly when there were clear financial restrictions for a few years after the move.

However season after season we let in weak goals, underestimate teams that we should be beating, lose to Jose Mourinho and give him the chance to yet again mock us and our manager, deliver poor defensive performances or snatch defeat, or draws from the jaws of victory. Our injury record is horrific and shows absolutely no sign of changing for the better, we consistently perform badly in Champions League group games and do just enough to qualify for the next round in which we get knocked out regardless of the quality of the opposition, we have started yet another season with an underwhelming performance and a defeat. Read today's blog from Andrew at Arseblog where he talks about Wenger and how he continuingly contradicts himself sometimes within the space of just a few days. I'm sorry but that is worrying, I honestly don't believe he knows how to correctly prepare this team either physically or mentally for long and hard seasons. Look at every recent campaign and the capitulations and ask serious questions as to why this keeps happening.

I don't want to come on here and moan about our manager and the team, or have arguments with you or any other fellow gooners, I want to be proud of what we do on the pitch. We have become a laughing stock, we are mocked and with good reason. At some point either the players or the manager have to stop making excuses and actually stand up and be counted. What has happened to Arsenal and some of the performances over the last ten years is not befitting of a club of our heritage and stature, we should be better than what happened yesterday. No way, should we just sit back and accept it, which I feel we have done far too often in the recent past. The very minute we started accepting a top four finish as some kind of achievement was the point where we allowed complacency and the rot to set in.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
The morning after the match before, and Wenger should be counting his lucky stars that Oxlade scored when he did. Because we were heading for 5 or 6 yesterday. Call me sadistic but I almost wanted the score to stay at 4-1 (of course after Ox's goal I wanted the draw, but before that). I wanted Arsène to feel the burn and humiliation, hoping maybe it'll shock him into the market.

The boo's after the 3rd and 4th goal were great and so necessary. The one's at full-time were good as well, but lacked heart and conviction. We'll be better when our players return but we won't be title contenders and we won't last long in the CL.

Wenger has 15 days to save our season.

David_Smith

I think we did well in the first half but once we conceded everyone lost their heads. We need to take the result on the chin and improve for the next game.

BobP

Memri Fan
Genuinely wish I could just fast forward this season.

Would take whatever came in terms of results and finishing positions.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes I'm p**sed off because sure if you're taking yesterdays game in isolation it could maybe, maybe be excused as just a bad day at the office.
We have not been able to defend properly for years. It's people like you that just accept this, and excuse it. This man is paid millions and millions of pounds and yet cannot correct fundamental issues that continue to haunt this club.

Wenger talks time and time again about consistency and he is right to. That's about as close as you can get to trying to come to logical conclusions about where we are. There are some things that we do well at, we are good at finishing in the top four. We have delivered that on a consistent basis so credit Wenger for that, particularly when there were clear financial restrictions for a few years after the move.

However season after season we let in weak goals, underestimate teams that we should be beating, lose to Jose Mourinho and give him the chance to yet again mock us and our manager, deliver poor defensive performances or snatch defeat, or draws from the jaws of victory. Our injury record is horrific and shows absolutely no sign of changing for the better, we consistently perform badly in Champions League group games and do just enough to qualify for the next round in which we get knocked out regardless of the quality of the opposition, we have started yet another season with an underwhelming performance and a defeat. Read today's blog from Andrew at Arseblog where he talks about Wenger and how he continuingly contradicts himself sometimes within the space of just a few days. I'm sorry but that is worrying, I honestly don't believe he knows how to correctly prepare this team either physically or mentally for long and hard seasons. Look at every recent campaign and the capitulations and ask serious questions as to why this keeps happening.

I don't want to come on here and moan about our manager and the team, or have arguments with you or any other fellow gooners, I want to be proud of what we do on the pitch. We have become a laughing stock, we are mocked and with good reason. At some point either the players or the manager have to stop making excuses and actually stand up and be counted. What has happened to Arsenal and some of the performances over the last ten years is not befitting of a club of our heritage and stature, we should be better than what happened yesterday. No way, should we just sit back and accept it, which I feel we have done far too often in the recent past. The very minute we started accepting a top four finish as some kind of achievement was the point where we allowed complacency and the rot to set in.
I'm all for critising Wenger with facts, that's all. As soon as you say Wenger is very good to finish in the top four every season, better than most of the clubs in the Prem but hasn't got what it takes to actually win the league, then the rational debate begins about why not. This emotional claptrap about him being absolutely f***ing useless is just wasted text on screens.

How can his defence be that sh*t if they had the most clean sheets of any team in the league last season. It doesn't make sense. And how can 2nd be a laughing stock. What the f*** are you saying about those below half-way.

His criticism is not proportional to his achievements.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I'm all for critising Wenger with facts, that's all. As soon as you say Wenger is very good to finish in the top four every season, better than most of the clubs in the Prem but hasn't got what it takes to actually win the league, then the rational debate begins about why not. This emotional claptrap about him being absolutely f***ing useless is just wasted text on screens.

How can his defence be that sh*t if they had the most clean sheets of any team in the league last season. It doesn't make sense. And how can 2nd be a laughing stock. What the f*** are you saying about those below half-way.

His criticism is not proportional to his achievements.

...because I don't think it comes down just to how many clean sheets we are getting but also in game management and being able to see out decisive moments in games and seasons.

I remember watching an interview with Mourinho a couple of years ago where he was saying that he knew the year previous that his team didn't have the mental ingredients to deliver when it really mattered, that at the real defining moments of the season, in big games and moments that they didn't have the character to be able to deliver.

The biggest recent example I can think of is last season against Liverpool away. We'd defended poorly in that game but had scored three good goals and got our noses in front. Everyone knew that game was huge marker in terms of the season as a whole, it would have cemented our position at the top of the league and had we have come away with three points from Anfield it would have been massive for not only our confidence but a body blow for everyone else.

We should have been defending that lead with our lives, those last few minutes were championship minutes, you could just feel it. What did we do? We let in a relatively cheap goal, Joe Allen getting there first to a second ball dropping in the area.

I can understand and accept that we don't have the budget of United, City or Chelsea so in that case we have to make it up in other areas which means we have to have more desire, more hunger, more tactical awareness, the sometimes intangible qualities that will set you aside from the others. I just don't see any of that from current day Arsenal. I just see quotes from Gazidis and Wenger that just stink of a defeatist attitude.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The lineup is based on match fitness and I'm sure Arsène knows a lot more about the going ons in the training ground than a poster on Arsenal Mania.

You're saying this about a man who let Sanchez play last year with a niggling injury. A man who put Theo on the pitch without a proper warm up, and the man who let an injured Cazorla continue to play for a further 50 minutes. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom