• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Yip, I read that too. Not surprised either. He is either enticing Wenger into the market in a kind of "Can you still attract the best players" way or he is saying straight up that players do not see us as a club with enough ambition.

Well you've got to think maybe he's right. If you were a top player who is in his prime. Would you join a club where the CEO has just come out and said we can't compete with the other top clubs financially - it's a terrible signal to send out. We've managed one Champions League final in our history and not won the League in twelve years. We pay good wages but not the best and our football hasn't been particularly great as of late.

The best players want to join clubs for two reasons most of the time, they want to join clubs that will either pay the most money or have realistic chance of winning the top titles.

MagicalRozza

This is Klopp's post - match conference. Just listen to the first couple of minutes. What a difference a real manager makes. He speaks what tactical changes he made and that is the secret to their much better performance.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
This defeat wouldn't have been so painful if I could see a bright future for this club. That's the kicker for me. :(

I think we have the foundations in place for what could be an amazing future but I don't think that will take place under this regime and I don't just mean Wenger but Kronke as well.

We absolutely have to change mindset to being a football club that first and foremost wants to compete at the top level instead of just existing as a business enterprise. We need that to happen sooner rather than later through fear of falling so far behind our rivals that we can't make up the ground.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Cp5Rj-iW8AA2vRp.jpg

Ramsey :lol:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Alexis came back fully fit and prepared. Arsène said that himself.
We can not afford to line up a weakened team on Sunday and I think a couple of senior players, namely Santi/ Alexis or Kos will definitely get the nod.

If Ramsey is injured and Alexis had little impact - I feel vindicated in this suggestion.

Ashybashy86

I think we have the foundations in place for what could be an amazing future but I don't think that will take place under this regime and I don't just mean Wenger but Kronke as well.

We absolutely have to change mindset to being a football club that first and foremost wants to compete at the top level instead of just existing as a business enterprise. We need that to happen sooner rather than later through fear of falling so far behind our rivals that we can't make up the ground.
Therein lies the problem. I think Kroenke will be around for the foreseeable future, and nothing will change.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

This is Klopp's post - match conference. Just listen to the first couple of minutes. What a difference a real manager makes. He speaks what tactical changes he made and that is the secret to their much better performance.

Should have gotten him in when L-pool snatched him up

imagine the player who would have wanted to join him from dortmund

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Feels kind of sad seeing him in front of an Arsenal board :(

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yip, I read that too. Not surprised either. He is either enticing Wenger into the market in a kind of "Can you still attract the best players" way or he is saying straight up that players do not see us as a club with enough ambition.

When the club's CEO publicly says that "we can't compete" what kind of ****ing message does that send to prospective players?

Doesn't surprise me one bit of players are now hesitant to join us.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This game pissed me off to no end. I was so excited as I have been having some ****ty months as of late and was so happy the Arsenal was back but then they did this

BobP

Memri Fan
If there was ever a game one could encapsulate Arsenal by, it would be this one.

Missed penalty, immediately score a goal, concede a goal on the brink of half time, walk out for the 2nd half asleep, get swamped by goals, injured players and then to get 2 goals back to make the scoreline look reasonable.

Unbelievable.

I don't like referring to them but Moh on AFTV was spot on, you'd be mad if it was something you didn't expect. But since it was something that was expected, a general sense of indifference prevails.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
If there was ever a game one could encapsulate Arsenal by, it would be this one.

Missed penalty, immediately score a goal, concede a goal on the brink of half time, walk out for the 2nd half asleep, get swamped by goals, injured players and then to get 2 goals back to make the scoreline look reasonable.

Unbelievable.

I don't like referring to them but Moh on AFTV was spot on, you'd be mad if it was something you didn't expect. But since it was something that was expected, a general sense of indifference prevails.

As said as it is - true!

Drubas

Read somewhere Liverpool players ran about 5 km more than ours did. Don't know if that's accurate, but if it is, that's half a player over 90 minutes.

Talking about physically not ready, eh?
What are they doing in pre-season, what?!
I read Liverpool ran more than any team has done ever in the PL. Wouldn't read too much into the Arsenal figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom