• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So this weekend sees us come up against one of the big managerial recruits and a traditional rival for a top four spot.

I expect a strong line up and hope our flair will be enough.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Cazorla
Alexis Özil Iwobi
Perez

I want us swarming Luiz and feel that front three will do that. Move the ball quickly and attack with pace.

This won't be popular, but I wouldn't start Özil just for this game.

-------------------------------Cech
-------------------Bell-----Mus----Kos--Nacho
-----------------------Xhaka---Elneny/Coq
----------------Wal/Iwobi----Santi----Alexis
--------------------------------Perez

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
After losing to Pool at home already, we really need to win this one. Got to make the Emirates a fortress and get three points against practically everybody to keep pressure the leaders, who haven't dropped a single point.

I'd go with

Cech
Coquelin Cazorla
Alexis Özil Iwobi
Perez

But my gut tells me we'll have

Cech
Coquelin Cazorla
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Alexis

3-0 to the Arsenal.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Same team that started against Hull to start now. And I'm mildly ok with that. I would have liked a stronger midfield but Wenger is really easing Xhaka in slowly.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The good news is that they had to play 120 minutes midweek, the bad news is that Conte might be realising the importance of Fabregas now. We're due a victory against these *****. Hope we(Özil) turn up.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This won't be popular, but I wouldn't start Özil just for this game.

-------------------------------Cech
-------------------Bell-----Mus----Kos--Nacho
-----------------------Xhaka---Elneny/Coq
----------------Wal/Iwobi----Santi----Alexis
--------------------------------Perez
Yeah, agree with this. Xhaka-Coq-Santi in midfield and Iwobi-Perez-Alexis up front.

Banks

If Wenger put out the right team then we can edge a win in this fixture but it's long overdue we beat this ****s and I hope Costa gets sent off. We should use a page from the Liverpool game against them and press them high up, close their players down and make them make mistakes and really get in their faces.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Coquelin Xhaka
Özil
Walcott Alexis Iwobi

I love Santi but I'm not sure if he's suitable for this match and when you consider that both Wideman aren't apt at defending then putting Xhaka in the side would make more sense, though still risky.

Think we'll draw 1-1

say yes

forum master baiter
Need a statement of intent here.

We'll start the same team that played against Hull but should be Xhaka/Perez in for Cazorla/Walcott.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
for the better, IMO.

Xhaka seems to still be getting up to speed. He dawdles on the ball. Lots of posters here correctly pointed out that he is not comfortable with the pressing style of the BPL

What evidence is there to support this? He's started one game in the PL, against Leicester, where he was brilliant. I don't see how 5 minutes each week gets him acclimated to the PL. He's talented enough to adjust, start him.

Barring any injuries it'll be the same team against Hull, but I'd LOVE to see both Xhaka and Perez start this.

Token Yank

As much as I like both players the Xhaka Cazorla midfield just seems way too light weight and unathletic. I think the Cazorla and Coq midfield is our best (slightly ahead of Xhaka and El Neny).

I agree with Dennis Bergkamp 10s lineups

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom