• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don't mind average performances against the lesser sides. This kind of big game performance is what we've always wanted.

About 10 of these in the league (when it counts) and you have a serious title challenge.

What can and should be replicated is the off the ball work rate , if we do then we should see even more consistent and sustained on the ball quality. Even Wenger mentioned there are areas to work on which there are There's more upside in this team easily .

I've always said it's about mentality for this team . If you want to win a title then you have to show that work rate every week that's a minimum requirement from us .

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
What can and should be replicated is the off the ball work rate , if we do then we should see even more consistent and sustained on the ball quality. Even Wenger mentioned there are areas to work on which there are There's more upside in this team easily .

I've always said it's about mentality for this team . If you want to win a title then you have to show that work rate every week that's a minimum requirement from us .
Agreed. Our biggest problem over the years is our play without the ball. Organizational and work off the ball. Its not just defensive too but attacking as they're a mutual thing in football.

I have a headache from Allergy med. Powerful, overslept and my head is spinning. Like I have a hangover.

N

NotAUserName

Doesn't it make sense for Monreal to play higher up the pitch to provide width considering Iwobi isn't a natural wide player? Yes his lack of pace means it's a role he'll never fully excel in but that's why we need to make use of our numbers higher up the pitch and press more effectively. This will also lessen the burden on our center backs and it was worrying to see a very hapless Chelsea attack be one-on-one with our defense on several occasions yesterday.

David_Smith

I noticed it was Mustafi who was constantly pressing Costa, tried hard not to let Costa be an outlet when Chelsea had the ball. Lots of movement from him. We need Mertesacker to do that too.

4R5Emaniac

I noticed it was Mustafi who was constantly pressing Costa, tried hard not to let Costa be an outlet when Chelsea had the ball. Lots of movement from him. We need Mertesacker to do that too.
That won't work. Mertesacker can't physically keep up and its doubtful how he'll return from injury, honestly.

Scandrew

We did well to win 3-0. Not taking anything away from the team but Chelsea appeared to play quite badly. As in they didn't apply their usual (Mourinho) type of football against us. i.e high press/quick counter. They seemed to just sit back and let our midfield control the game which is the way we always attempt to play and play our best. Maybe Conte was just a bit naive?

We played well but they played pretty awful.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We did well to win 3-0. Not taking anything away from the team but Chelsea appeared to play quite badly. As in they didn't apply their usual (Mourinho) type of football against us. i.e high press/quick counter. They seemed to just sit back and let our midfield control the game which is the way we always attempt to play and play our best. Maybe Conte was just a bit naive?

We played well but they played pretty awful.

I don't think I have ever seen Mourinho's team press to tell the truth , usually they sit back and counter .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Flashes of the game keep coming back to me and I remember at one point Theo tacking up the right back as a base position to cover for Bellerin while he was still coming back from an attacking move. Madness. Never been so proud of Theo before. Never.

skip spence

I've noticed that Mustafi now plays the Koscielny role in our CB pairing, pushing up aggressively trying to win the ball out of possession and transitioning the ball to the midfielders/attackers in possession, while Kos himself has become the Per, staying a bit deeper as the last line of defence. As for Per, I think it's time for us to part ways.

4R5Emaniac

Flashes of the game keep coming back to me and I remember at one point Theo tacking up the right back as a base position to cover for Bellerin while he was still coming back from an attacking move. *******. Never been so proud of Theo before. Never.
Actually remember Feo putting in a similar shift last season. Against Man Utd and a few others where I remember him at LB putting in hard tackles and stuff. This season there is definitely an extra aggression, maturity and motivation to everything. He looks toned with a stronger musculature. Before he looked as if you could squeeze him hard enough he is done of sometime. Spongy.

4R5Emaniac

I don't think I have ever seen Mourinho's team press to tell the truth , usually they sit back and counter .
Did with Real Madrid but its not really a concentrated ploy. Guardiola, Bielsa, Klopp and most of the BuLi teams are usually actively pressing-counter/gegen press. Sampaoli too. Simeone does more individual pressing and brings back his strikers towards the opposition CM zones instead of going at CBs. Roger Schmidt does high octane counter pressing as well and its a bit crazy.

Tuchel is seriously interesting with how he does it. The fact that he started off at Mainz with full on gegen press and mostly direct vertical aerial game but he rotated and switched dynamics a lot. Then at BvB he has this mixture of a game of position, possession, press and counter press with Total Football of Cruyff.

Montella is another one who doesn't like pointless and aimless running around. He plays with the ball.

AbouDiabyMilitia

Absurdly late to this party but I've read almost every page here.

Amazing game, I've waited for this for years. If we can replicate our off the ball movement vs Chelsea in other games, not just in big matches, we have a shot at going far in the title race. We have the quality, but are we willing to raise the mental side of our game over a season? I hope so.

Buzzing.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Actually remember Feo putting in a similar shift last season. Against Man Utd and a few others where I remember him at LB putting in hard tackles and stuff. This season there is definitely an extra aggression, maturity and motivation to everything. He looks toned with a stronger musculature. Before he looked as if you could squeeze him hard enough he is done of sometime. Spongy.
Yes that was also a good performance but not like this one. I hope he continues this and above all he doesn't get injured. After his injury against sheffield W everything changed last season.

4R5Emaniac

Yes that was also a good performance but not like this one. I hope he continues this and above all he doesn't get injured. After his injury against sheffield W everything changed last season.
Yep, agreed.

Its strange you've said nothing about me praising Özil's performance. Feel like smacking you sometimes as well. That's now two Hollish people I know I like and would love to smash as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom