• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouDiabyMilitia

Did anyone else think Chelsea were actually worse in the 2nd half (offensively?). There was a sustained period in the first half, between our 2nd and 3rd goals, where I thought we lost some steam a bit and Chelsea were creating some decent half-chances. They somehow were even less effective in the following half. They had to absolutely go for it in the 2nd half considering they were 3-0 down and didn't register a shot on target until minute 82....

Preacher

Always Crying
CtQ3OTbWcAAkvGz.jpg

Özil destroyed Kante. He will have nightmares in his dreams about that turn for months:lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yep, agreed.

Its strange you've said nothing about me praising Özil's performance. Feel like smacking you sometimes as well. That's now two Hollish people I know I like and would love to smash as well.
Easy on the smashing bit mate, you don't know me like that. As for you praising Mesut, I'm not going to react to the obvious now, am I? I'm here to protect and serve our Sweet Prince (<3) and he made my job very easy.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Easy on the smashing bit mate, you don't know me like that. As for you praising Mesut, I'm not going to react to the obvious now, am I? I'm here to protect and serve our Sweet Prince (<3) and he made my job very easy.
Was just kidding. Your Sweet Prince? :lol: Maybe, I'm little bit not kidding then.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Did anyone else think Chelsea were actually worse in the 2nd half (offensively?). There was a sustained period in the first half, between our 2nd and 3rd goals, where I thought we lost some steam a bit and Chelsea were creating some decent half-chances. They somehow were even less effective in the following half. They had to absolutely go for it in the 2nd half considering they were 3-0 down and didn't register a shot on target until minute 82....

Actually, they may have given up in the second but we were very good as well, very mature and assured performance. We kept our shape, did not go swashbuckling in attack, did not get exposed and controlled the game.

Last edited:

Iddi

I have never seen an Abramovich Chelsea team give us so much space and time on the ball like they did on Saturday.. No pressure whatsoever and we took full advantage.

Iddi

Monreal is the one aspect I'm not happy with this season. His play has regressed a bit this year. He was such a rock for us last year. You could actually argue that he was our most consistent performer last season but he's struggling a bit this year.
Yes, monreal has been making me nervous this season. He seems to be coming to the end. But I also think Iwobi keeps abandoning him time after time and its always 2 against 1.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

I think that's down to how well we defended.

Something I've noticed since the game is Chelski are getting criticised for how poor they are, whereas we're not given enough credit for how good we were. Without the ball it's as good as I've seen us in a LONG time, I never felt threatened when Chelski were building up to an attack.

We pressed fantastically and positionally everyone was brilliant. Proper felt like we had men in there against them, which hasn't been the case for a while.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think that's down to how well we defended.

Something I've noticed since the game is Chelski are getting criticised for how poor they are, whereas we're not given enough credit for how good we were. Without the ball it's as good as I've seen us in a LONG time, I never felt threatened when Chelski were building up to an attack.

We pressed fantastically and positionally everyone was brilliant. Proper felt like we had men in there against them, which hasn't been the case for a while.

Its starts from the back for us I reckon , Kos and Mustafi really set the tone . I thought Costa was going to start crying toward the end there .

4R5Emaniac

Without the ball it's as good as I've seen us in a LONG time
I was well and truly in shock. Our positioning and how well synchronized we looked. Of course Chelsea had their flaws. If they didn't the game would finish 0-0. We just clicked to nearly the max with a few chances not taken.

One of the big reasons was the mental calmness and confidence with everything that made our game flow. Taking up positions, on the ball and while progressing/retreating, everything was fluid. Definitely one of our best performances in years. Not just like Man Utd last season who set up all wrong and weren't at the races. Obviously we were good but in this game we were great.

4R5Emaniac

That Monreal issue once again, despite conceding that chance to Willian, I think this is the best I've seen us maximized our shape with fullbacks through their positioning. The gaps and spaces in lines while widening the pitch. We took maximum advantage of their really slow CM and fullbacks to ours in comparison.

When they brought on Alonso to shift to a back 5 switching Azpi to right back, they regained some sort of control by countering our structuring eliminating their gaps to an extent but I loved the fact that we were in superior control and were absolutely calm to the changes. Gibbs coming on to increase the width and pace from the left on top of the defensive nous of Nacho along with him pretty much negated whatever probable advantage they'd have. Not to mention they didn't have a game switching player without Terry and Cesc is just non league football level these days or even Oscar to take any positional advantage they could've created.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes, monreal has been making me nervous this season. He seems to be coming to the end. But I also think Iwobi keeps abandoning him time after time and its always 2 against 1.
Fair point. I'll have to watch Iwobi's tracking back (or lack thereof) more to see if I'm being unfair to Nacho. Obviously it's probably a bit easier with Alexis in front of you but he's definitely been in poor form thus far.

Bould14

Jose ruined Chelsea. United should take note. Chelsea has a massive rebuilding job with Terry at the end of his career. Chelsea over the years is a good example of how big characters usually always win trophies. I think the big reason City didn't win more in the Toure era was because of a lack of mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom