• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A defender that's sharp, aggressive & quick on the turn. This guy's a true warrior. It irks that we were haggling with Valencia over a few million that are a pittance to the club, thank God it never went the way of the Mata deal & we got our man.

We're a much better team for his presence & here's hoping for more of his excellent displays. Koscielny finally has a colleague worth of forging a solid partnership with.

arshy9

Established Member
I think this match shows why at times we might need a CB to take a risk with a pass further up field. Many sniffs we had on goal came about from unpredictability, things like that are needed for organized teams that for many years have been quite happy to watch us thread the same string of passes for 90minutes.

Satisfied with his eagerness to eye a forward pass rather than settle sideways like many cbs we've had.

nicky47

Established Member
For me as well.

Very impressed with this guy so far, loving the partnership that's growing between him and Kos too. He just seems to read the game so well, and goes in so aggressively. Seems like a potential leader to me too.

KAB

A solid defender as a World Cup winner. MOTM. Defended in CB and RB in the match. Pace of him and Kos made up our pacy defensive line this season

Fallout

maybe its just me but it seemed vokes was given instructions to target him for the physical battles instead of koscielny. glad that it didnt work out and mustafi held his ground quite well against a very strong player. pleasantly surprised by his impact so far this season

Wryer

What a strong defender. I thought Kos tenacity was higher that most, but Mus takes it to another level.

Needs to time it bit better, and put more care in his passing. I love how he always makes himself available for Cech. Maybe he sensed it just wasn't Cech's day, kicking wise.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This honestly the first time I’ve been able to watch Arsenal for about 10+ years and not get anxious or suffer a mini heart attack whenever attackers go at our defence.

Can’t see us shipping too many goals with Koscienly, Mustafi and Bellerin all covering each over, not forgetting Monreal of course.

Goon_si

This honestly the first time I’ve been able to watch Arsenal for about 10+ years and not get anxious or suffer a mini heart attack whenever attackers go at our defence.

Can’t see us shipping too many goals with Koscienly, Mustafi and Bellerin all covering each over, not forgetting Monreal of course.
Their ability to recover lost ground really is a huge bonus, can correct plenty of mistakes.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The Boss & Herr General forming quite the defensive pairing. Kostafi looks the way forward for Wengerball.

Love his attitude - he's fitted in perfectly so far. Their positioning sometimes looks a little awry particularly when playing for the offside trap - Mustafi often much higher up than Koz.

We've looked a solid unti since he's come in.

Love the fact that he isn't bullied.

Hope Gabriel doesn't get splinters in his Arse.

TriniGunner

The Boss & Herr General forming quite the defensive pairing. Kostafi looks the way forward for Wengerball.

Love his attitude - he's fitted in perfectly so far. Their positioning sometimes looks a little awry particularly when playing for the offside trap - Mustafi often much higher up than Koz.

We've looked a solid unti since he's come in.

Love the fact that he isn't bullied.

Hope Gabriel doesn't get splinters in his Arse.

Who bullies a German?

SYS

Translation from his interview to Bild

The 24-year-old describes how he preferred to join Hamburg as a youngster, as opposed to German giants Bayern Munich. Mustafi: “I had trials at Hamburg, Eintracht Frankfurt, Werder Bremen and even Bayern. My father asked me where I fitted best. I chose HSV. “ On his summer move to Arsenal, the German defender says: “I wanted Arsenal, everything else I left to be negotiated between the clubs. Of course, this is an incredible sum . And I know what a burden that can bring. Some people live on 200 to 300 euros per month. Especially in my second home in Gostivar . But I could not influence this. So I push it far away out of my head.” The Arsenal central defender also talks about playing for the German national…

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know how Bailey's doing at Utd for comparison? All I ever see his clips of him failing but I'm sure you could do the same for Mustafi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone know how Bailey's doing at Utd for comparison? All I ever see his clips of him failing but I'm sure you could do the same for Mustafi.

Media giving us a hard time for signing panic buy Mustafi instead of Bailly during the summer was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom