• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Burnley FC vs Arsenal FC | 2nd of October at 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

After watching umpteen replays and reading for a while about the handball rule, i have to say it is a valid goal. There is no offside since it did not touch Ox. Handball rule states that player has to deliberately touch the ball. I dont think Kos was trying to deliberately touch the ball. It was definitely a lucky goal. But as per the law it is a valid goal.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I'm curious as to why some of us are fretting about the goal's validity? It's been rightly awarded & in the off chance it wasn't legitimate, the statute of limitation (if there is such a thing) on rescinding it has surely passed.

If anything, we should revel in seeing a tough game out & rewarded with 3 hard fought points in the same vein our illustrious older teams were as well as the United of old. How many times have they ridden their luck to clinch the title despite all evidence to the contrary of their worthiness. Matches like Chelsea last week are a boost to our confidence but it's at venues like Turf Moor that titles are won & lost.

I'm starting to find renewed confidence in our performances at the Emirates but putting on away performances like 2001-2002 or 2003-2004 are what'll keep us in the thick of it come the run in. This team showed yesterday they've got the mettle & skills to do so.

Last edited:

FinnGooner

Established Member
I'm curious as to why some of us are fretting about the goal's validity? It's been rightly awarded & in the off chance it wasn't legitimate, the statute of limitation (if there is such a thing) on rescinding it has surely passed.

If anything, we should revel in seeing a tough game out & rewarded with 3 hard fought points in the same vein our illustrious older teams were as well as the United of old. How many times have they ridden their luck to clinch the title despite all evidence to the contrary of their worthiness. Matches like Chelsea last week are a boost to our confidence but it's at venues like Turf Moor that titles are won & lost.

I'm starting to find renewed confidence in our performances at the Emirates but putting on away performances like 2001-2002 or 2003-2004 are what'll keep us in the thick of it come the run in. This team showed yesterday they've got the mettle & skills to do so.

Enjoying the win and giving credit to the team while admitting that the goal probably should not have been given are not mutually exclusive. My issue is with people who are raving about how the goals was clearly legitimate when I'm quite sure those same people would be furious if Burnley had scored the exact same goal. Not a big fan of double standards in general.

However, I fully agree that we should enjoy the win. After all, a lot of teams will drop points @turf moor. We got a goal given that could've easily been disallowed. Three points to us, end of story? That happens and it will go against us some day just like it will go for Burnley some other day. It's not like the players cheated on purpose or something. The ref made the decision and we'll take that decision just like any other team would.

However, If it was up to me, we'd bring technology to help with these situations. But even that doesn't always help, though. I've been in hockey games where people still complain after video review how some goals should be allowed and some disallowed depending on if it's their team getting the advantage or not:lol:.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously... that's a handsball. Rashford one, that's a handsball, and so many other decision went awry.
And if we are on the receiving end instead of the one scoring, we would be furious.
We are looking like mugs here trying to defend it's not a handsball, it is, we got lucky. END of

FinnGooner

Established Member
Seriously... that's a handsball. Rashford one, that's a handsball, and so many other decision went awry.
And if we are on the receiving end instead of the one scoring, we would be furious.
We are looking like mugs here trying to defend it's not a handsball, it is, we got lucky. END of

It was offside and a hand ball. Ox kicked the ball to Kos's hand and Kos was in more advanced positions than Ox.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
what's a Handsball?:eek:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In that case why care about winning? What is a win if it's not a fair competition?
The sentiment comes from years of watching United, Chelsea and Liverpool get these decisions against them. Nobody wants to win this way but when everyone else gets luck it is about damn time we shared in some of it too!

OSBK

Established Member
In that case why care about winning? What is a win if it's not a fair competition?

All due respect pal but we won the game, my post was purely relief that we had got 3 points somehow.

At the end of the season though if you still feel this way, after we win the league write to the fa and ask them to deduct 3 points for cheating.

Or you could just be happy we got a win and lady luck was on our side today

FinnGooner

Established Member
Go watch the video frame by frame again. Handball, yes. Offside, no. Kos gets a foot on the ball before Ox does.

I just watched it multiple times. It doesn't matter if Kos touches if before Ox or not when the fact is the last kick of the ball is by Ox to Kos's hand which makes it an offside and a hand ball. It is clearly visible in the Arsenal.com highlight in the lasr angle of review ahich is behind the balls. The orange shoe get the touch to the ball and it's Ox's shoe. But the goals was given, end of story. Every team in the world would take it so why wouldn't we.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I actually think this game will be the toughest in terms of teams parking the bus this season and we got 3 points it keeps the pressure on also. We need a little bit of rotation though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I actually think this game will be the toughest in terms of teams parking the bus this season and we got 3 points it keeps the pressure on also. We need a little bit of rotation though.
TBF AW didn't have many options in terms of rotation this weekend. Break comes at a good time for us for a change.

FinnGooner

Established Member
All due respect pal but we won the game, my post was purely relief that we had got 3 points somehow.

At the end of the season though if you still feel this way, after we win the league write to the fa and ask them to deduct 3 points for cheating.

Or you could just be happy we got a win and lady luck was on our side today

I am happy that we won and that lady luck was on our side. I was just pointing out that I wouldn't be happy if we grabbed the ball, ran with it half way though the pitch and slam dunked it in. You were probably joking, of course, but I had to give stick just in case ;)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Slept like a baby.. what a nice way to win in the dying seconds of the game. We can't win every game like Chelsea at home or watford away. Its nice to see those late wins against southampton and Burnley. Those are a very important 4 points, so early in the season already. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom