• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Burnley FC vs Arsenal FC | 2nd of October at 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

There was only one talking point at Turf Moor – the legitimacy of the 93rd-minute goal that gave Arsenal a fifth successive Premier League win and denied Burnley the point their organised, assured performance clearly deserved. The match officials may have been correct to deem Laurent Koscielny onside as he connected with Theo Walcott’s header across the face of Tom Heaton’s goal but they receive no credit for failing to spot the France international applying the final touch with his hands. Even in real time, from high in the press box at the back of the James Hargreaves Stand, the handball was clear. Arsenal’s winner may reactivate the calls for video technology to be extended beyond goal-line technology but it should not have been necessary on this occasion. There was little excuse for several professional match officials failing to spot the offence. Arsène Wenger’s finest gift to mark his 20th anniversary as Arsenal manager was delivered by the referee Craig Pawson and his assistant. Andy Hunter

-- This is from Guardian. This just shows how ignorant football writers are about the laws of the game. It was not a handball.

Doom

There was only one talking point at Turf Moor – the legitimacy of the 93rd-minute goal that gave Arsenal a fifth successive Premier League win and denied Burnley the point their organised, assured performance clearly deserved. The match officials may have been correct to deem Laurent Koscielny onside as he connected with Theo Walcott’s header across the face of Tom Heaton’s goal but they receive no credit for failing to spot the France international applying the final touch with his hands. Even in real time, from high in the press box at the back of the James Hargreaves Stand, the handball was clear. Arsenal’s winner may reactivate the calls for video technology to be extended beyond goal-line technology but it should not have been necessary on this occasion. There was little excuse for several professional match officials failing to spot the offence. Arsène Wenger’s finest gift to mark his 20th anniversary as Arsenal manager was delivered by the referee Craig Pawson and his assistant. Andy Hunter

-- This is from Guardian. This just shows how ignorant football writers are about the laws of the game. It was not a handball.

The Guardian's football coverage is dire.

Barney Ronay's stuff is a whimsical, effervescent, gossamer-like, annoying triteness. While Paul Wilson might be the worst hack I've encountered.

The only worthwhile reason to read sports reportage is to learn something new or to find an argument that challenges pre-existing beliefs. Neither will you find in the Guardian.

The 10 Things We Learned articles are an exercise in pot stirring for the clicks. It's shameful that The Guardian is reduced to serving it up.

It's conduct that the Internet sports aggregator site look askance at.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Pool is the least of my worries. I have said it over and over, they won't go far with Lovren and Matip at the back. Sp**s and City are the real contenders.

Don't think Sp**s have the quality to challenge over the course of a season, they can of course finish in the top 4 though.

Kane and Ali come to the fore more often than not. But the surrounding quality- Lamela, Eriksen, Janssen, even Son who's been fantastic recently are all too inconsistent. They're coping well without Kane for the time being but they'll have a couple of games where that x-factor will be needed and without Kane I can't see them coming up with it.

Last edited:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Because of the way they play.... Or haven't you read the posts before?

The whole issue here was Klopp's hard working press he likes them to employ. Therefore, IMO, they need a much bigger squad to compete for a whole season.

Not when they're out of Europe. Sp**s managed to push until the final few weeks with a small squad, pressing and doing double training sessions, whilst playing in Europe last season.

Rocky

Don't think Sp**s have the quality to qualify over the course of a season, they can of course finish in the top 4 though.

Kane and Ali come to the fore more often than not. But the surrounding quality- Lamela, Eriksen, Janssen, even Son who's been fantastic recently are all too inconsistent. They're coping well without Kane for the time being but they'll have a couple of games where that x-factor will be needed and without Kane I can't see them coming up with it.

You could say the same and replace Kane and Alli with Alexis and Özil. Replace the others with Arsenal's other attacking players. Son is a lovely player, he needed a year to get settled in the PL at 23 years old. Wanyama is a huge signing.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
The Ox didn't kick the ball.

And herein lies the difficulty of video replays. I've seen that goal he wasn't offside you've said he did kick it you've said offside.

Fantasy football has Walcott as the assist and some people are saying handball Im saying it wasn't.

A handball has to be intentional so it can't be a handball. If that's a handball the one the Burnley defender blasted clear onto his team mates hand is a hand ball, longer distance etc. Maybe given the dubious nature of handballs it evened itself out. Sadly that's not the rules. Nor is unfair advantage. It is deliberately handling the ball and Koscielny didnt do that. Nor did the Burnley player. Yet nobody is focusing on that handball.
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/10/02/burnley-vs-arsenal-highlights-full-match/3/

Look at the English highlights (not the extended or MOTD) from 3:53. Kos touches it and then it clearly comes off of Ox back onto Kos. Not that I care, but we were a tad fortunate.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah, the Guardian conveniently overlooking the other ‘handball’ when a Burnely defender blasted the ball into the arm of another defender, who was quite some distance away.

Wonder what lame excuse they would give as to why that isn't a penalty.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Pool have no European football. They will last the season.
Sp**s have strengthened their squad well, they will last the season.
City will sort out their problems in the back in January and until then they'll win most of their games, they will contend the season.

These are our main contenders. Whether we last the season in good form - make it thorough the winter months without faltering - is a question mark.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

You could say the same and replace Kane and Alli with Alexis and Özil. Replace the others with Arsenal's other attacking players. Son is a lovely player, he needed a year to get settled in the PL at 23 years old. Wanyama is a huge signing.

I hated the way this bastard casually manhandled our players & got away with it in the colors of Southampton:mad:. The fact he's now a player of the hated foe will take my hatred up a few million levels.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Pool have no European football. They will last the season.
Sp**s have strengthened their squad well, they will last the season.
City will sort out their problems in the back in January and until then they'll win most of their games, they will contend the season.

These are our main contenders. Whether we last the season in good form - make it thorough the winter months without faltering - is a question mark.

All of those contending for the title will have their wobbles, its up to us to see that we wobble the least & maintain the hunger throughout by keeping a winning formation & rotating smartly.

Rocky

Yes, and it is a commonly agreed upon fact here that they were EXTREMELY lucky with injuries... Pool will not be IMO

They won't need the same level of luck as Sp**s with injuries because they'll be playing less football but the main issue in terms of actually winning the title is the number of strong contenders they'll face, specifically Man City, Sp**s and Arsenal. Like I've said I think Liverpool will be 4th but I'm not discounting them from winning it yet.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do not discount Liverpool, they have a light schedule and are a better prospect than Leicester were last year.

Pool and City are favourites for the league IMO. Ourselves, Sp**s, United and Chelsea to fight for 3 and 4.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Do not discount Liverpool, they have a light schedule and are a better prospect than Leicester were last year.

Pool and City are favourites for the league IMO. Ourselves, Sp**s, United and Chelsea to fight for 3 and 4.

I am not either but as far as personnel is concerned, they may have the least talented defensive unit of the current top 6 or 7. They have already given up 10 goals! They will have to outscore the opposition regularly in order to make it all the way.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sp**s managed to push until the final few weeks with a small squad, pressing and doing double training sessions, whilst playing in Europe last season.
Playing Europa League isn't the same as CL though. The NLD at the Emirates last season is a great example: Arsenal played away to Bayern midweek while Sp**s had Anderlecht at home. One less day recovery but a much less intense game and you had the luxury of rotation. This time around Potch is playing his strongest team in Europe so the risk of injury/fatigue will obviously be greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom