• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Sunderland vs Arsenal | 29/10/16 | 12:30 K/O (GMT) | Sky Sports 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Can't say it was overall a great performance, only the last 20 minutes we showed up to finish Sunderland. Before that, we were just toying and we made us very difficult at the end (just like against Swansea).

And btw, Iwobi should be benched as Walcott and Ox are just playing better at the moment. What I don't like about Iwobi is that he never runs between the lines. He always wants the ball to his feet slowing our game. Against open teams, that's not a problem but against defensive teams, he's totally not effective.
Ox playing better than Iwobi? Are you having a laugh - no doubt Ox was better than Iwobi vs Sunderland but that's where it ends.

Ewarwoowar

I don't know but was not impressed by Ox. His good cross to Alexis apart, he managed to squander a couple of pretty decent chances, more than once when for goal when he could have gone for a better pass option. Finally his effort and attitude at the start of the penalty play did it to me, that was unacceptable to be so lackadaisical at this level.
His over the top for Özil's meltdown was pretty decent also!

N

NotAUserName

For me the Ox/Iwobi debate is all about what each brings to the team. Iwobi's movement w.r.t. to keeping possession, his link-up play and his ability in tight spaces are better than Ox's but we still have Özil and Santi who are quite good at this. Ox on the other hand has that x-factor about him. He and Alexis are the only players who are capable of taking on defenders and beat them and create something out of nothing. His defensive workrate has also been better than Iwobi's. Personally I think that is more important now that Alexis is playing as a striker.

Ox was ok. What is it? His first start in Premier league this season. Think he should have scored at least once. I think he is on his way up. He is showing a lot of intelligent movement that I didn't see a lot in his game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom