• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Manchester United vs Arsenal- 19th November. 12:30 SS1

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

manchesterunited.png
arsenal.png

Old Trafford.

Not sure what else usually goes into the OP of a matchday thread but oh well.

Anyways, I don't need to tell yous how great a win here would be. It's a fixture that we've traditionally not done too well in in recent times but hopefully that'll change this Saturday.

The line up I think we'll end up going for is.

Cech
Jenkinson Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis*
Giroud
Subs: Ospina, Gabriel, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi, Chamberlain, Walcott.

I think we might try to change it up a bit, especially with Giroud and Ramsey now available.

*Provided he's able to start, if not perhaps Walcott and switch Ramsey to the left?

In my wildest fantasy I would go with this. No way I want to see Jenkinson play this game.

Cech
Mustafi - Holding - Koscielny
Ramsey - Coquelin - Xhaka - Monreal/Gibbs
Walcott - Giroud - Özil

We are just playing into Mourinho hands if we go against him again with our usual line-up of attack. He will just let his team sit, and wait for us to make a mistake and hand them that goal that will make us collapse.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Can't see us to win here.With some injuries and very bad record at Old Trafford draw would be good enough.You need something special in this kind of matches,but can Wenger do that against Mourinho ? Can we play so good there if you watch our record since 2006 ? Don't think so...

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
In my wildest fantasy I would go with this. No way I want to see Jenkinson play this game.

Cech
Mustafi - Holding - Koscielny
Ramsey - Coquelin - Xhaka - Monreal/Gibbs
Walcott - Giroud - Özil

We are just playing into Mourinho hands if we go against him again with our usual line-up of attack. He will just let his team sit, and wait for us to make a mistake and hand them that goal that will make us collapse.
That's just too wild - Arsène ain't into three at the back, maybe three in the sack but not at the back...

redanddread

We'll have to show more fortitude at this most rotten of venues than any Arsenal team has shown in a rather long time just to get a feckin' point.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Cech
Mustafi - Holding - Koscielny - Nacho
Elneny - Ramsey - Coquelin

Walcott Alexis Özil

Conservative 4-3-3 with Ramsey playing box to box. The only way we lose this game is by attacking into the José bus and leaving ourselves open at the back. Which is probably exactly what we will do.

That's just too wild - Arsène ain't into three at the back, maybe three in the sack but not at the back...

I know.

But lets say Wenger will play Mustafi as right back with Gabriel coming in. And Ramsey on the right.

Mustafi - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Xhaka - Özil - Coquelin
Ramsey - Giroud - Iwobi

Then the line up would be very familiar too

Mustafi - Gabriel - Koscielny
Ramsey - Xhaxa - Coquelin - Monreal
Özil - Giroud - Iwobi

Because of the natural positions those players would take up. Maybe Monreal would be deeper too. Specially when defending. We will have to wait and see.

Jenkinson and Ramsey on the right in our current tactics would be disaster.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Cech
Jenkinson - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
Ramsey - Xhaka - Coquelin
Walcott - Özil - Sanchez/Ox

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Even if we were coming into this with an entire fit squad and 100% win record I'd still be lacking belief.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Ramsey, Giroud and one of Jenkinson or Debuchy are looking to be starting...tough to get up for this one. We have issue with OT as we even manged to lose to United's U-21s recently and Mourinho has Wenger's number regardless of form tables, but if this team is serious about doing anything this season we need to pick up 3 points.

redanddread

I know.

But lets say Wenger will play Mustafi as right back with Gabriel coming in. And Ramsey on the right.

Mustafi - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Xhaka - Özil - Coquelin
Ramsey - Giroud - Iwobi

Then the line up would be very familiar too

Mustafi - Gabriel - Koscielny
Ramsey - Xhaxa - Coquelin - Monreal
Özil - Giroud - Iwobi

Because of the natural positions those players would take up. Maybe Monreal would be deeper too. Specially when defending. We will have to wait and see.

Jenkinson and Ramsey on the right in our current tactics would be disaster.

I just fail to see why we would try out a new system that the players are not used to, nor the manager for such a tough away fixture. All of a sudden you're tasking your players with slightly different responsibilities & roles.

I just fail to see why we would try out a new system that the players are not used to, nor the manager for such a tough away fixture. All of a sudden you're tasking your players with slightly different responsibilities & roles.

How about because our record at Trafford and against Mourinho. Add our recent injuries to that list, that may force us to reconsider our tactics.

It is just **** going there trying the same thing as before.

But like I say, it is just wild speculation. We will go there with Jenkinson and Ramsey on the right with Giroud up top and lose the game.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Probably this from us.

De Gea
Valencia- Jones- Blind -Shaw
Carrick
Herrera Pogba
Mata----------------------Rooney
Rashford

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
The players have got to treat this as we did in that FA win there a couple years back. 100% focus 100% professional. Ramsey was good that night, so maybe Aaron playing won't be a disaster.

Welbeck was also good, we need that sort of intensity throughout from the front.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The players have got to treat this as we did in that FA win there a couple years back. 100% focus 100% professional. Ramsey was good that night, so maybe Aaron playing won't be a disaster.

Welbeck was also good, we need that sort of intensity throughout from the front.

Ramsey didn't start that game tbf. We had Alexis-Özil-Ox with Caz-Coq deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom