• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Manchester United vs Arsenal- 19th November. 12:30 SS1

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
SO we bought a player with a clear disciplinary record and now we're working on him? How much did we pay for this lad again? Now we must work on him.

In that case the argument should be, why are we constantly buying projects?

I must admit, I have a firm Wenger In fan who was pissed with the decision while I on the other hand, before the game, was willing to give AW the benefit of the doubt. Strange turn of opinion on that one but anyway. But as the game progressed I became increasingly angry with the decision.

XHaka still came on as a sub. A player who is that bloody dangerous in terms of a red shouldn't play a second. It takes a split second to make a rash challenge. There is nothing substantial to suggest a player who has a problem with bad tackles has better control of it over 15 minutes than over 90. It is the same gamble.
Definitely prefer Xhaka to Elneny, but instead of jumping down the managers throat, just trying to think of reasons why he left him out.

Not everything's black and white.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Definitely our worst game of season and one of the worst league performances for a long time. I was so pissed throughout the game, that I ended up cursing even when we scored as you knew it was too late that we figured out we needed to score one.

Very mixed reactions, as before that game, I was confident we'd finally break that ****ing hoodo of Mourinho-PL wins and grow that ****s misery more.
Bro-despite not winning the game we did manage to make his life miserable because now he's dropped points in 3 consecutive home games. To lose the 3pts at the death is even better - how sublime! The draw felt like a win..lol.

Even Diego felt the need to give him a call after the game to cheer up that miserable ****!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Definitely prefer Xhaka to Elneny, but instead of jumping down the managers throat, just trying to think of reasons why he left him out.

Not everything's black and white.
Yes but come on man. The manager made a clear mistake. Accept it and move on. IMO this forum has been much more accommodating of AW this season. Many of us have even reconsidered our stance and still want him on board. But a mistake is a mistake. I just hope he realises his mistake which I am sure he does. I get that you want to defend him against the army of fans moaning about his every move but he is not perfect. A lot of us are quite sick of you making out as if he is. He's been damn good this season. I've voted 'new deal' as well but for god's sake, he is human and he too makes mistakes. Sometimes they cost us points. He also makes decisions which save us points.

On the Disciplinary side of things. Is it not possible for the club to dock wages from a player for continuously making the same mistakes? That would be sure to get a player thinking right during a game if he has in the back of his mind that he may have his wages docked should he decide to be a clown.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yes but come on man. The manager made a clear mistake. Accept it and move on. IMO this forum has been much more accommodating of AW this season. Many of us have even reconsidered our stance and still want him on board. But a mistake is a mistake. I just hope he realises his mistake which I am sure he does. I get that you want to defend him against the army of fans moaning about his every move but he is not perfect. A lot of us are quite sick of you making out as if he is. He's been damn good this season. I've voted 'new deal' as well but for god's sake, he is human and he too makes mistakes. Sometimes they cost us points. He also makes decisions which save us points.

On the Disciplinary side of things. Is it not possible for the club to dock wages from a player for continuously making the same mistakes? That would be sure to get a player thinking right during a game if he has in the back of his mind that he may have his wages docked should he decide to be a clown.
That's just a simplistic view - if he'd done what you're advocating we'd have done better and therefore the manager has 'made a mistake'.

The truth is you've no idea what the outcome would have been if Xhaka had played and other than finding a parallel universe you're never going to know.

This is what actually happened. The manager did what many on here said he could never do . . set up defensively to grind out a result away against a big club. He did that and things still went wrong. At 1-0 he took a huge gamble, taking off a defensive midfielder and put on a CF and also took off a RB and put a winger there. Those substitutions salvaged a point and pissed off half of Manchester.

I'll take that, I wasn't naive enough to think we could go away to OT and thrash Mourinho and his £550 million squad 6-0. That's just FIFA17 talk. Wenger's not perfect but he did a reasonable job for me . . and all this stuff about him being a coward and clueless is just bullsh*t.

And if saying that makes you and all your frustrated mates sick, so be it. This is a forum and if we all had the same view it would be pretty dull. ;)

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He's been damn good this season

I disagree. I think he has been personally responsible for a lot of our dropped points. He doesn't take the initiative and try to seize control of the game. He let us drown on Saturday even though the ship was clearly sinking early in the second half. Same against Sp**s. Same against Liverpool.

I love Arsène but I really hope this is his last year. It's quite clear time has passed him by. We do have the best squad in the league, though, and that is a testament to him because he has always been a generally fantastic recruiter.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I disagree. I think he has been personally responsible for a lot of our dropped points. He doesn't take the initiative and try to seize control of the game. He let us drown on Saturday even though the ship was clearly sinking early in the second half. Same against Sp**s. Same against Liverpool.

I love Arsène but I really hope this is his last year. It's quite clear time has passed him by. We do have the best squad in the league, though, and that is a testament to him because he has always been a generally fantastic recruiter.
No, no we don't. Best starting XI, maybe. But best squad? Jog on. We're struggling now because two important players are out. Santi and Hector. What happens if Özil/Sanchez goes down for a few months? We will then quickly see how "strong" our squad is. Best squad in years, yes. Best squad in the league, not a chance mate.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You want a different style of manager is all. Like a Simeone that's more aggressive, gets frustrated and makes changes early.

Wenger's never been that man. He's much calmer, works out his plan before hand and if things go wrong he doesn't panic and doesn't throw away his strategy easily. But his substitutions when they come are often bold and like on Saturday saves the day.

There's many different types of managers, that possibly suit people's different personalities. If you're an impatient person, that's shouting at the TV or the players on the pitch and think you know what's wrong, I can see how Wenger's calm style would be frustrating.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We need better attacking players, players who are good enough to be brave in a technical sense when coming to hostile grounds like OT. Real quality to compliment Alexis & Özil.
Right now we have Özil, Iwobi, Sanchez as our only attackers with real technical ability.( I would include but I'll leave him out as I'm talking about our new system.)

Somehow we've gone from the Arsenal that most casual fans still think we are to an Arsenal where technical ability is sorely lacking. Look at our lineup: only two of our front six had the technical ability to actually create in the final third. Far cry from recent Arsenal teams where every midfielder was a good technician.

It's no surprise we looked so poor, Iwobi even during his poor form was vital just beause he could actually control a football and find a man in tight areas.

We need to invest in some first teamers (or promote from the academy) who can actually play Arsenal football. They don't even have to be world beaters, there's loads of players at mid-table sides that are better technicians than the likes of Coq, Ramsey and Theo.

Last edited:

redanddread

Right now we have Özil, Iwobi, Sanchez as our only attackers with real technical ability.( I would include but I'll leave him out as I'm talking about our new system.)

Somehow we've gone from the Arsenal that most casual fans still think we are to an Arsenal where technical ability is sorely lacking. Look at our lineup: only two of our front six had the technical ability to actually create in the final third. Far cry from recent Arsenal teams where every midfielder was a good technician.

It's no surprise we looked so poor, Iwobi even during his poor form was vital just beause he could actually control a football and find a man in tight areas.

We need to invest in some first teamers (or promote from the academy) who can actually play Arsenal football. They don't even have to be world beaters, there's loads of players at mid-table sides that are better than the likes of Coq, Ramsey and Theo.
Well not 100% sure on that. However, there are better players out there for sure. I think Le Coq has been fantastic for us personally.

MagnusVest

I have now whatched the game one more time and I actually dont think its that bad.
Our defence was very good. In the game I counted two clear chances beside the goals. One for each team.The Alexis and the Rocho header. The Rocho header even came after we had put everyone forward so that was a calculated risk.
I think Wenger actually played United the Mourinho way. He knew this was a must win game for United. He played two dm and hoped that United would become more and more desperat and then make a mistake. When plan A failed he changed it around and salvaged one point and ends uniteds title hopes.
An Arsenal team from earlier years would have gone out in a full attacking mode and lose 1-0 in a counter attack in a game were a draw would be perfectly fine.
Conclusion. I like the new Wenger.
Also on Norwegian TV they praised Jenkinson for not making more out of Darmians challenging. But maybe he should have? It definetly is a yellow card challenge. And seeing Valencia and Herrera throwing themselves to the ground all over the place maybe we should be a bit more cruel when it comes to these things?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Quite funny reading through this thread. At 1-0 down, 15 minutes to go, we had people questioning Wenger's mentality, calling us bottlers and rendering us spineless.

Really it's you guys who bottled it. You gave up with 15 minutes to go and went on to abuse Wenger up until his two subs changed the game.

We played poor and we were lucky to get a draw. But some of you should look at your own weak mentality's before calling out the players and the manager.
Lol shutup fam.

redanddread

Sorry I meant better technically.

Depends on who you're talking about, if you're talking about Theo then pretty much everyone. :lol:
Le Coq's pretty darn good technically - just not in an offensive nature obviously. His control in tight areas is not to be sneezed at.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Le Coq's pretty darn good technically - just not in an offensive nature obviously. His control in tight areas is not to be sneezed at.
Hence why I decided to leave him out. His issue is more to do with vision rather than execution, unfortunately that's not something players tend to improve on.

Every ****ing time on this forum... FFS... :lol::lol:

Just name the names. :mad::mad:
If I had to name every player with better technique than Theo I would be here for a long long time.

redanddread

Hence why I decided to leave him out. His issue is more to do with vision rather than execution, unfortunately that's not something players tend to improve on.

If I had to name every player with better technique than Theo I would be here for a long long time.
For real, Theo's technique....ugh. He can score but it'd be great if he had a trick or two up his sleeve tbh.

Stop it! :lol::lol:

Name those names at mid table club you would take over Francis 'this is not over' Coquelin, Ramsey and Walcott.

Just name few. Why is that so hard? Why do you guys always do this?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Quite funny reading through this thread. At 1-0 down, 15 minutes to go, we had people questioning Wenger's mentality, calling us bottlers and rendering us spineless.

Really it's you guys who bottled it. You gave up with 15 minutes to go and went on to abuse Wenger up until his two subs changed the game.

We played poor and we were lucky to get a draw. But some of you should look at your own weak mentality's before calling out the players and the manager.
This post is spot on.

Wenger is not a manager for 'panickers', he's calm and let's his plans play out. The abuse was laughable and reminds me of road rage.

People with a sense of entitlement are everywhere these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom