• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v PSG | 23rd of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
He wasn't good in any aspect of the game other than his workrate and pressing. His primary role is to receive the ball from the defenders and move it up field, being the link from defense to attack. He rarely if ever dropped deep to take the ball from our centre backs. This happened nearly every time him and Coquelin played together last season because neither of them do it and our midfield is basically non existant when the pair of them play together. He doesn't want to be a midfielder. You can see he wants to be higher up the pitch getting the glory of scoring goals.

His shot and willingness to get in the box lead to our goal. He had a few efforts himself which maybe if he was sharper would have scored or assisted. He wasn't too bad at distribution but needs to work with Özil a bit more maybe.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Just more of the same, saw nothing tonight that would suggest this team is doing anything differently to what has seen us fail time and again.

Deja Vu Mate. Different players same problem. It's ridiculous. The only constant is Wenger.

If you can't get your team firing at all cylinders for a big champions league night then when are you going to get them motivated?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I see you leading this Cazorla isn't Jesus brigade, keep fighting the good fight but I don't think they're gonna listen.:lol:

Özil has definitely been worse without Cazorla though.
I think Cazorla is a fantastic footballer, I just don't understand why people think that all these disappointing recent performances wouldn't have happened with him in the side. The team has a good record with him starting at CM but a lot of those results have papered over the cracks.

Not angry at the result at all. I don't care whether we draw Barca or Porto - we aren't going to win it with Wenger. However, the players not pressing PSG after they equalised was so frustrating!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
No excuse. He should have been aware of what was behind him. And he should have fûcking headed it AWAY from goal.
So the cross is coming in and you're saying he should have looked behind him, even though he's positioned at the post, to see if anyone is behind him? Yes he should have cleared it but that wasnt your original statement.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
3 games, only 4 shots on goal.

Partly a lineup issue - and yes we miss Cazorla. What we may lack in defensive solidity or physical power, we more than (or at least depending on your POV) make up for in technique and more importantly chance creation. No coincidence that our attackers are struggling to sustain final 3rd dominance - espeically Özil - without a regular supply line. Even Xhaka, who I rate, is not as creative a passer as Cazorla is, although I think it is something that can come about as he has great passing ability overall.

Wenger has to shoulder blame here though, as he has picked 2 pretty poor lineups in succession - the Sp**s lineup was only marginally better. Tactically we have been poor too, we haven't mitigated the loss of Cazorla at all well.

Today was very bad, and only one 10 minute spell where we looked somewhat good and it barely yielded a decent effort on goal. We got an own goal instead.

The only silver lining at this point is that we still haven't lost since Liverpool. We're basically Prince Nasesem post 1998.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He wasn't good in any aspect of the game other than his workrate and pressing.
wrong, his availability was top notch, he knows where he needs to be like no one else on the team and he managed to make himself a strong option against a top level 4 midfield team.
His primary role is to receive the ball from the defenders and move it up field, being the link from defense to attack.
wrong, his main role is to be available, and to be where the action is. he did that very well.
He rarely if ever dropped deep to take the ball from our centre backs.

we was not playing that sort of football, we tried that last season and we realized that this is not good for him, now our defenders take distribution by themselves especially mustafi, this is a good thing, because we are showing plasticity.
He doesn't want to be a midfielder. You can see he wants to be higher up the pitch getting the glory of scoring goals.
what a clown, he wants to score goals, who tha **** do he think he is.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Pathetic bottle job display....so angry!

we only played 20minutes of the game 5 mins at the end of the first half and 15mins in the second.

We're lucky to come away with the draw. 1 shot on target.

Why can't Wenger get his team motivated for big matches?

It is not a motivation issue...It is a quality issue. We simply have no footballing identity with a Coq/Ramsey pair in MF. We can't have or keep possession, we can't recycle the ball from the back and we have zero creativity and ability in MF. That is obvious and we got bullied in the center of the park by a 50 yr old Thiago Motta. It is frustrating to no end.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I think we got worse ever since.. Any half decent team that can keep possession or play a high intensity game always ends up dominating and beating us.

This post Fabregas era has been excruciating to watch.Poor poor football with no set direction. We got into each game hoping for the best rather than a set plan. Poor poor players that lack technical ability (apart from Özil, Santi and Sanchez).

No we haven't lol. We've had two FA cups and a 2nd place last season.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I'm happy to be fair

Played Utd, Sp**s, Chelsea, PSG Twice and haven't lost any of them were late November the "curse" month and haven't lost.

I'm absolutely delighted that we haven't been beaten in those games, but I think the football we've produced in all of those games has been woeful. We had ten minutes at the end of the first half against Sp**s and ten minutes tonight where we looked like we had a bit of urgency. The rest has been rubbish. If Cavani had his shooting boots on against us both at home and away we would have been beaten convincingly - how many great chances did they create against us compared to ours.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Do you believe we win that with Xhaka? Or who would you have preferred because Cazorla is injured and everyone was complaining that el neny -coq is too defensive. So tell me, what do you want?

Bet you have no ideas.

Playing a superior player in Xhaka who has produced more goood performances for us in the few matches this season he has played than Ramsey has done in the past 3 seasons seems a pretty good idea to me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The only positive thing is it's November and we played 3 straight big games and we didn't lost even if we play s**t at last the luck stand in our side for once.

carlito'sway

Established Member
wrong, his availability was top notch, he knows where he needs to be like no one else on the team and he managed to make himself a strong option against a top level 4 midfield team.

wrong, his main role is to be available, and to be where the action is. he did that very well.

we was not playing that sort of football, we tried that last season and we realized that this is not good for him, now our defenders take distribution by themselves especially mustafi, this is a good thing, because we are showing plasticity.
what a clown, he wants to score goals, who tha **** do he think he is.

Trump? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom