• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Southampton | 30/11/16 | 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Southampton win

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Draw (After 90)

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm home now, can sh*t on this performance adequately now :lol:

Firstly, Coquelin and Elneny. As a pairing? Nope. Does not work. Xhaka has no reason not to start, especially considering he hasn't exactly been playing every game of late either! The midfield IMO should have been Xhaka-AMN (we'll get to him later).

The triangle of Coquelin-Elneny-Ramsey for the duration they were on, was some of the worst football I'd seen from us this season. Coquelin giving the ball away, Ramsey killing attacks and Elneny struggling to advance the play forward. Jenkinson looked out of his depth again, and at this point, it's likely he won't hit form any time soon. Gibbs was decent but unspectacular, which is pretty much default Gibbs.

Strangely, the two CBs were good, despite the concession of 2 goals. Holding and Gabriel defended quite manfully I thought and limited the amount of clear cut opportunities. It is a shame our midfield was so late to rebounds.

Xhaka came on and instantly became our best player because he should have started the f*cking match in the first place. Jeff, who is meant to be the closest to the first team of the younger players did a great impression of Diaby at his worst. He's a real talent but sometimes he doesn't play with any gumption whatsoever.

I have little bad words to say about Iwobi and Lucas. They weren't at their best but f*ck me they were the only ones who attacked with any verve and determination. Iwobi started to really build up confidence as the game went on. Can only bode well IMO.

What makes this result so infuriating is that most of this team were people on the fringes of the first team and they lost very convincingly. In hindsight, we might as well have played guys like AMN, Mavididi, Willock, Zelalem etc and started them. THey would have gained far more from the game.

AMN came on and did really well IMO. I'm both happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy because he came on and looked more than competent, but annoyed that it was at right back. I like him more in midfield and that's where he should have played but at the very least, he was impressive at right back and that could be a way in for him in Bellerin's absence.

This game was f*cked up by Wenger, for putting out that rubbish lineup. Xhaka-AMN should have been the midfield, and as bad as Jenks was, I'd just have kept him there or put Coq there. Iwobi should have been central IMO with one of the younger players playing wide left with Jeff flanking the other side. Probably Willock.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed this game. Just watched the highlights. Pretty sh*t.

Actually shows that our back-up squad isn't that strong, compared to the big 3. United played the likes of Martial, Mkhytarian and Schweinsteiger as their back up players coming in for this.

Can't be bothered to read the thread but I'm guessing Wenger needs to go, managers know how to set up against him, rinse repeat.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can't be bothered to read the thread but I'm guessing Wenger needs to go, managers know to set up against him, rinse repeat.

Wenger needs to go, period. When we win, lose or draw. He needs to retire. can you honestly say this is fun? It's not fun.

Choose fun, lad. Choose excitement. Choose the unknown. Lets go back to 1997. This is old as sh!t. We know what's going to happen again, don't we? Shall we watch it in super slo-mo this time?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Iwobi was bright as a button and wanted to carry the fight alone at times. Really liked his attitude. If he could add cutting edge to his game he'd be huge. He's a very good footballer. I think he can add what he needs to in time.

chessygoal

I Jeff, who is meant to be the closest to the first team of the younger players did a great impression of Diaby at his worst. He's a real talent but sometimes he doesn't play with any gumption whatsoever.
I'm starting to get really worried about Jeff. That's the second time in a row he's playing with 0 intensity. He's late in every challenges and I really feel that he lacks match fitness at this point. I get the idea of Wenger wanting to make him part of the first team squad but now that he doesn't even make the bench, I hope he'll be back playing with our U23 or better, loaned for the rest of the season, he needs to play every weeks.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi was bright as a button and wanted to carry the fight alone at times. Really liked his attitude. If he could add cutting edge to his game he'd be huge. He's a very good footballer. I think he can add what he needs to in time.
Really looked to attack Southampton. Some great touches and really great runs from deep. It's a shame he was the only competent player in terms of going forward. Lucas was decent but only just back from injury.

The cutting edge will come IMO. He tends to pick up really great positions in the final 3rd, just needs to get used to the new pressure of being expected to deliver at a high level consistently.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm starting to get really worried about Jeff. That's the second time in a row he's playing with 0 intensity. He's late in every challenges and I really feel that he lacks match fitness at this point. I get the idea of Wenger wanting to make him part of the first team squad but now that he doesn't even make the bench, I hope he'll be back playing with our U23 or better, loaned for the rest of the season, he needs to play every weeks.

He'd struggle to get in the U23 lineup to be fair :lol:. Nelson and Willock are two of our biggest prospects and are both in top form. Maybe if you stick him at number 10?

If you ask me, those two should have been in the squad.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger needs to go, period. When we win, lose or draw. He needs to retire. can you honestly say this is fun? It's not fun.

Choose fun, lad. Choose excitement. Choose the unknown. Lets go back to 1997. This is old as sh!t. We know what's going to happen again, don't we? Shall we watch it in super slo-mo this time?
So I was right then :lol:

chessygoal

He'd struggle to get in the U23 lineup to be fair :lol:. Nelson and Willock are two of our biggest prospects and are both in top form. Maybe if you stick him at number 10?

If you ask me, those two should have been in the squad.
a front 4 of Nelson/Willock/Mavididi/Jeff with Zel and AMN behind looks good on paper!

Malky

Established Member
If they ****ed up your subscription then so be it. You can't complain about paying £100 per month though if you know up front that's how much it costs.
Did you even read what I said? They bumped it up, it wasn't the price we agreed when it was adjusted for the Multiroom, Sky Sports add on, so I complained. Besides, SKY are there to be haggled with, no two SKY customers are paying the same amount for the same package, it depends who you speak to.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
a front 4 of Nelson/Willock/Mavididi/Jeff with Zel and AMN behind looks good on paper!

It's a very well balanced team. An AMN-Zelalem pivot would have been too much to ask for sadly, but it works. I would have loved to see Iwobi central and Willock wide left. He's such a deft dribbler that the confidence the would have gained would be immense.

Polar Bear

I said on here before the game that we need to start a strong side with Sanchez and Özil etc etc, but I was shot down. Oh well. I was worried about this game because Southampton are not Nottingham Forest or Reading, they are a very good side, home or away, they're one of the better teams in the prem, I knew it would be a difficult game with our best 11 as it always is against them, let alone many changes.

Way too many changes, maybe 2 or 3, but 9 is way too many, especially against Southampton. People say they don't care, well its the wrong attitude, because all it does it put pressure on us to win the prem or champions league, and if we don't we go trophyless again. It's a great day out in wembley and everyone will be celebrating and very happy if we lift the trophy. It's a mistake in my opinion to make so many changes, better to win something than nothing. Disappointing

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm home now, can sh*t on this performance adequately now :lol:

Firstly, Coquelin and Elneny. As a pairing? Nope. Does not work. Xhaka has no reason not to start, especially considering he hasn't exactly been playing every game of late either! The midfield IMO should have been Xhaka-AMN (we'll get to him later).

The triangle of Coquelin-Elneny-Ramsey for the duration they were on, was some of the worst football I'd seen from us this season. Coquelin giving the ball away, Ramsey killing attacks and Elneny struggling to advance the play forward. Jenkinson looked out of his depth again, and at this point, it's likely he won't hit form any time soon. Gibbs was decent but unspectacular, which is pretty much default Gibbs.

Strangely, the two CBs were good, despite the concession of 2 goals. Holding and Gabriel defended quite manfully I thought and limited the amount of clear cut opportunities. It is a shame our midfield was so late to rebounds.

Xhaka came on and instantly became our best player because he should have started the f*cking match in the first place. Jeff, who is meant to be the closest to the first team of the younger players did a great impression of Diaby at his worst. He's a real talent but sometimes he doesn't play with any gumption whatsoever.

I have little bad words to say about Iwobi and Lucas. They weren't at their best but f*ck me they were the only ones who attacked with any verve and determination. Iwobi started to really build up confidence as the game went on. Can only bode well IMO.

What makes this result so infuriating is that most of this team were people on the fringes of the first team and they lost very convincingly. In hindsight, we might as well have played guys like AMN, Mavididi, Willock, Zelalem etc and started them. THey would have gained far more from the game.

AMN came on and did really well IMO. I'm both happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy because he came on and looked more than competent, but annoyed that it was at right back. I like him more in midfield and that's where he should have played but at the very least, he was impressive at right back and that could be a way in for him in Bellerin's absence.

This game was f*cked up by Wenger, for putting out that rubbish lineup. Xhaka-AMN should have been the midfield, and as bad as Jenks was, I'd just have kept him there or put Coq there. Iwobi should have been central IMO with one of the younger players playing wide left with Jeff flanking the other side. Probably Willock.

I thought Iwobi really picked it up in the 2nd half and so did Jeff . Actually really impressed by those two and Lucas looks sharp for a guy with so little footy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom