• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Though the result may not show it, Gabriel and Koscielny really stood out as a partnership. Not to the level of Mustafi but certainly were not at fault for any of the goals.

Granit-Coq in midfield was also excellent. Coquelin as the aggressor and Xhaka as the dictator really works well. Shame our attack was lacklustre today.

Still, some positives to take from this game. Lucas should be starting over Ox and Iwobi. Walcott still proves very useful if we intend on keeping Sanchez as our CF.

Sanchez
Lucas - Özil - Theo​
For the city game.
You know what, Sanchez on the wing. I rather have a damn striker lucas playing in his natural position, same goes with Alexis natural position. He is more effective there. Also iwobi in for Özil

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Who even says, "Hey Özil, mark up on that physical beast Williams for me on corners will you?".

This in a nutshell is why we won't win the title.
It's disappointing but lets not go totally overboard - that was a tough physical encounter - hopefully they call Özil out & make him realise that that is not good enough. We just had a tough week.....that was a very tough game & we were slightly unlucky to lose. Everton played well & we weren't on top top form but you lose sometimes.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Might be time to start Perez on the right instead of Theo. Ox has shown some signs of life and deserves to keep his place at least for the City match. Perez is better technically than Theo and very quick with a hell of a shot. The fact that he can actually cut in on his left will give the opposing left back something to think about rather than with poor Theo who is criminally one footed.

Both Theo and ox should sit. They were absolute poverty today.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Might be time to start Perez on the right instead of Theo. Ox has shown some signs of life and deserves to keep his place at least for the City match. Perez is better technically than Theo and very quick with a hell of a shot. The fact that he can actually cut in on his left will give the opposing left back something to think about rather than with poor Theo who is criminally one footed.
100% , also why wenger doesnt change things up quicker is another problem imo

BobP

Memri Fan
It's disappointing but lets not go totally overboard - that was a tough physical encounter - hopefully they call Özil out & make him realise that that is not good enough. We just had a tough week.....that was a very tough game & we were slightly unlucky to lose. Everton played well & we weren't on top top form but you lose sometimes.

Not going overboard.

Simply put, things like this are supposed to be cleared up in training and in video sessions.

It's why I was so infuriated by PSG's 2nd goal in the home tie, so easily preventable.

Cheap goals to give away in crucial contests.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

There's a reason one of the first things Ancelotti did after taking over at Real was to get rid of Özil. Had his mind made up already.
Özil is a luxury player imo but he needs runners to make the right run, theo is a one trick pony.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Ok, it's not the time to promote my Rotation Sect. I guess it must be time for you to start being condescending to people who disagreed with your opinion that Walcott should start both matches...because he had a great match against Stoke? I always agreed he should play one of the games...

I'm not condescending, I just find it a bit ridiculous how you after this match can go on to state that playing Gibbs instead of Monreal would've made a difference. Or some other pointless and worse players.

You rotate when you play easy games a few times a season, and over the last few weeks we've played a few cup games where we rotated plenty.

P

PayableOnDeath

I'm perfectly fine with that given that that's only the next 2.5 weeks. :drool:
The losses can come thick and fast in 2017.
with no champions league to worry about i dont think they will come thick or fast enough. Cant see chelsea bottling the league. Just cant see it

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
A few things stand out in that tweet: First, in Özil's case there is no excuse for missing sitters and not being interested in contributing. I disagree wholeheartedly that it is hard for him to shine. He's the best in the world at what he does on his day. A team like Everton should never trouble a Mesut Özil. Period. Next, I think we really miss Mustafi in our transition from defense to attack. He really is an exceptional passer out of our third and he's so much more comfortable on the ball than Gabriel is. Even Kos is vastly inferior in those respects to Mustafi. We missed that today. Finally, Coquelin and Xhaka is not a good pairing and the fact that that chart shows them practically on top of each other all game is evidence of that. I'm not saying they can never form a good partnership but it doesn't look particularly natural. Coquelin is playing too far up the pitch for my tastes given what he offers but the goal obviously is for him to win the ball back as high as possible. Xhaka makes some great passes from deep but I don't think he gets forward enough for my liking. Coq needs to win the ball and then drop back. They should be switching positions as we transition back and forth between attack and defense. That's not ideal but given our injury situation it's the best we can do. Cazorla is a critical. A healthy and fit Wilshere would be a nice option to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom