• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

A few observations
1. Our wide players were too tired to track back for most of the game. We should have started with Iwobi and Perez(Wele would have been perfect). It would have given us a bit more energy. Also, these are the games we need Gibbs to play as well.

2. Özil was off from the first minute. His first pass itself went to an Everton player. He played reasonably fine. But he was not sharp enough.

3. Sanchez should know when to press and when not to. Yesterday team was a little low on fuel and he went pressing too many times. At 0-1 we needed to invite Everton on to us and attack the space. Too often he directed a press with the front 4 leaving us less compact.

4. A game where we missed Ramsey. He is a useful player when the game is physical. We did not have anyone playing between the lines yesterday. Our players were mostly holding their position for most the time we were in possession.

5. We lost our unbeaten tag since pool defeat yesterday. We conceded our first goal from a corner this season. None of these records mean much unless they act as a mental block to our opponents.

vantoure

As disappointing as the result and especially performance is, the reaction is even more disappointing.

I felt we were below par on the night and for most of the 2nd half, pined for the introduction of Giroud (so we could at least play route 1). However, given the number of games played recently, it is understandable that the play was a little flat compared to Everton.

I just feel fans easily lose sight of what the team has been able to put together since the beginning of the season. There's no need feeling like we've bottled it, if so, then there are at least 5 other teams that have bottled it.

This is the time that fans need to show solidarity more than ever to reduce the mental hurdle the team has to cross.

One more thing... I really really dislike Koeman. Comes across as an insufferable idiot. Made the defeat worse

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Disappointing night. Gutted after a long unbeaten run. You can believe Koeman has Wenger's number if you want, I believe there are more rational reasons why we lost last night.
  • This league is f***ing close, everybody's losing sometime and we were the last to lose 2 games.
  • Mustafi has helped shore up our defence, settled in well and adds backbone- biggest of our injury misses.
  • We all know Wenger likes ball players, Özil is a beautiful player. But a rainy night in Liverpool when the tackles are flying he goes missing. And crucially he missed a chance to turn the game. Add Walcott to that list as well. Conditions favoured the cloggers.
  • Santi is a big miss and Xhaka is still settling. Someone said he's like Bambi on ice and to be honest he looked out of his comfort zone.
  • Clattenburgh didn't help us and let a number of Everton challenges go playing to the crowd. He also missed the the fact that it wasn't a corner - that led to the goal
  • Arsenal still suffers from too many inconsistent players in the squad. Walcott and Ox chief amongst them. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes missing. Despite what people think our squad is not up to the depth of the big 3, particularly when injuries strike.
That's it. Thought Coquelin, Kos, Sanchez and Monreal gave it everything. Shame some of the others stepped down. Bellerin still getting back to match fitness.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I thought Lukaku was immense yesterday. His threat on our goal was pretty limited but he absolutely bullied Koscielny and Gabriel at times. Had a brickhouse touch a couple of times, but a really mature performance from him and created a lot of danger.

OShea's2010

As disappointing as the result and especially performance is, the reaction is even more disappointing.

I felt we were below par on the night and for most of the 2nd half, pined for the introduction of Giroud (so we could at least play route 1). However, given the number of games played recently, it is understandable that the play was a little flat compared to Everton.

I just feel fans easily lose sight of what the team has been able to put together since the beginning of the season. There's no need feeling like we've bottled it, if so, then there are at least 5 other teams that have bottled it.

This is the time that fans need to show solidarity more than ever to reduce the mental hurdle the team has to cross.

One more thing... I really really dislike Koeman. Comes across as an insufferable idiot. Made the defeat worse
It's not a mental hurdle. it's lack of motivation & lack of tactical ability. has been for a long time & stems from the manager. look at the performances against the better sides this season, bar Chelsea. very poor overall. Can't believe so many fans think we are title challengers just because we outplay the lesser teams.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought the sub we missed the most was Ramsey when we were chasing. Coq in the latter stages really didn’t have much use on the field, should have perhaps trusted Chamberlain to take up that role?

The Giroud substitution was also ultimately pointless if we’re not going to use him to take the pressure off or get crosses in.

Anyway to get away from the negativity, anyone else love it when the BT commentators were saying Everton won’t worry about Alexis coming deep seconds before he played in a beautiful ball to Bellerin. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I thought Lukaku was immense yesterday. His threat on our goal was pretty limited but he absolutely bullied Koscielny and Gabriel at times. Had a brickhouse touch a couple of times, but a really mature performance from him and created a lot of danger.
I thought he was totally s**t apart from his chance at 2nd half he done nothing dangerous at all his first touch is seriously bad.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Giroud substitution was also ultimately pointless if we’re not going to use him to take the pressure off or get crosses in.:lol:
OG could have won us the game. He missed a header from an Alexis cross.

I thought we moved too late with the subs.

razörist

I thought he was totally s**t apart from his chance at 2nd half he done nothing dangerous at all his first touch is seriously bad.
I haven't watched anything back, but my overall feeling was that much of the pressure that Everton was able to put on us came because he was able to hold the ball in the final third, win his challenges.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
seriously disappointed by ox and Theo yesterday they created f**k all. But baines and Coleman were quality yesterday

razörist

The 9 of Arsenal:

#1 Could go top
#2 Take the lead
#3 Concede just before half-time
#4 Miss chances
#5 Concede from a corner, late
#6 Fail to score an open goal
#7 100% pen not given
#8 Lose the game
#9 Blame the ref

We're back baby! :cool::(

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The 9 of Arsenal:

#1 Could go top
#2 Take the lead
#3 Concede just before half-time
#4 Miss chances
#5 Concede from a corner, late
#6 Fail to score an open goal
#7 100% pen not given
#8 Lose the game
#9 Blame the ref

We're back baby! :cool::(
We've lost twice in nearly 40 games. Seriously, what is the purpose of a post like that?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Take a look at @101greatgoals's Tweet:
Wtf wrong with some people
It's the same in everyday life. The abuse workers in the public services get.

Stress boils over in some people and they can't control their frustration, so they lash out. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom