• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Have you obliterated 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2014 from your memory? Fair play if so, been trying to do that for ages.
Sorry, what I should have said is the current squad. For some reason in my mind I see the squad from 2012 as an very different unit from what we had before.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
we need a striker, so wenger buys a part time striker and converts our best winger alexis into a striker. this old coot is as crazy as some ppl say he is.
Silly comment really. Alexis is doing a better job than anyone else we have and is the league's join top scorer. Wenger has a pretty decent history converting wingers to strikers.

Also don't see how AW can be blamed for last night. He played his strongest team available. The players let him down last night. We spent well this summer. Our squad is strong. All is not lost.

Hunter Zolomon

Silly comment really. Alexis is doing a better job than anyone else we have and is the league's join top scorer. Wenger has a pretty decent history converting wingers to strikers.

Also don't see how AW can be blamed for last night. He played his strongest team available. The players let him down last night. We spent well this summer. Our squad is strong. All is not lost.
i feel like we need one more buy to be complete, come the end of the season i hope to be proven wrong.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
i feel like we need one more buy to be complete, come the end of the season i hope to be proven wrong.
What buy is that? Which position? Just curious.

Keep in mind this isn't FIFA. Wenger doesn't just log on and hit the X button five times and voila, brand new player. The team has to want to sell, then the agent is going to big the price up and then the player has to actually want to move. This forum seems to over simplify transfers.

Not every club can have two first teams like city do. Wages and playing time play a major part.

carlito'sway

Established Member
What buy is that? Which position? Just curious.

Keep in mind this isn't FIFA. Wenger doesn't just log on and hit the X button five times and voila, brand new player. The team has to want to sell, then the agent is going to big the price up and then the player has to actually want to move. This forum seems to over simplify transfers.

Not every club can have two first teams like city do. Wages and playing time play a major part.

I agree with @Hunter Zolomon on this. We need more from our flanks players. Never been convinced that the current crew, (Theo/Ox/Iwobi) is good enough to provide some required quality/creativity in addition to goals/assists in support of Alexis. Their performance or lack thereof last night did not do much to reassure me in that regard.
So if we could get an instant upgrade there, it would do us a lot of good.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Only if Koeman could play against us every week. It's not by accident many of our top players had 'a bad day'. I'm tired of hearing that excuse as it seems to happen to us too frequently.

The man knows how to game plan against us, and full credit to him for that.

I am expecting another loss to City.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Just beat City on Sunday, and I can pretty much live with yesterday's loss.

Let's say we drew to Everton and then drew to City away too. That's 2 points. If we beat City, we'd have 3 points - which is better than two draws.

That's the way I see it. Beat City and the Everton result won't be too bad in context.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought you were here to cut through the bullshit? Debunking mis-generalisations is the first step.
Once had a piss in a London pub toilet and somebody had written 'all generalisations are invalid' on the cubicle wall. Took me a few seconds to chuckle.

This forum is built on generalisations, impossible to debunk them all mate.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I agree with @Hunter Zolomon on this. We need more from our flanks players. Never been convinced that the current crew, (Theo/Ox/Iwobi) is good enough to provide some required quality/creativity in addition to goals/assists in support of Alexis. Their performance or lack thereof last night did not do much to reassure me in that regard.
So if we could get an instant upgrade there, it would do us a lot of good.
Could be difficult in January mate. Wenger's invested so much time and effort in last nights flankers (as I was calling them:)).

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Honestly, the FA/UEFA/FIFA should introduce powerplay rules and sorts like in hockey. Categorize the fouls and take players out of the game for 2, 4, or 5 minutes. Will make for hilarious viewing like we saw in the last minutes yesterday. And Cech is such a goofball :drool:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I was shaking my head . . . the drepressing stuff on here is obviously taking its toll.

Glad you can rise above it.
Its just one loss really. Big deal. Gotta win against City with a top performance tho and all will be forgiven. Sometimes you need a loss to have a look at yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom