• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Totally expecting Chelsea to use Moses and Willian/Pedro against Monreal it our weakest point need to play a winger who can support Monreal Defensively leaving him alone against these guys it not gonna end well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i also want us to start well if we start like a c**ts again it will give Chelsea a confidence to keep attacking us and score early goal. it gonna be problem because we don't have a midfielder who can hold the ball and not give it away under the pressure.

Ewarwoowar

Totally expecting Chelsea to use Moses and Willian/Pedro against Monreal it our weakest point need to play a winger who can support Monreal Defensively leaving him alone against these guys it not gonna end well.
Welbeck would work it all day and might even pin Moses back, but it will probably be Iwobi who cuts in a lot leaving space down the wing. Kos is going to have be covering centre and left back like a demon, but Chelsea might just come barnstorming down the middle through a make shift midfield anyhow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is as if they suffer from some kind of repetitive, episodic, jerky-form syndrome: Arsenal are good at getting back on the bike after a fall but once they start to gather speed and look capable of catching some competition they crash. Then they get back up again until the next crash.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/02/arsenal-chelsea-watford-Arsène-wenger-pressure

This paragraph here. Right here.

The bike analogy is a great one because everyone's been pointing out the fact that this bike has had a loose bolt on one of it's wheels for the last 13 years. The collapse can be foreseen, but our leader's primary concern is always to build up so much momentum in the hope it doesn't happen. But it always does.

The reality is most of our victories have masked vulnerabilities that were not exposed due to the poverty of the opposition. Let's be honest, the three Spanish teams, Bayern Munich and maybe even Juventus would walk this league. The likes of Sp**s and Leicester of last season would be embarrassed in Europe, but here, the lack of an elite superpower, while making for an exciting league, has led to complacency on many fronts.

Our last minute winner v Leicester last season should've been the catalyst for a romp towards the title. Instead, we failed to win the subsequent 5 games including back to back defeats at home to a struggling Swansea and away to a severely weakened Man United.

Away to Chelsea tomorrow, I want to see us defend like professionals and compete. If we do that, we have enough quality to beat them. It starts with that though. The team that plays best without the ball tomorrow will win.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wenger claims he tried to sign Kante last summer. He also says he tried when he was in France, if that's the case, how come we lost out to Leicester. I'm guessing he tried to get him for a fraction of what he was worth and Kante signed for Leicester and won them the PL, after that he was out of our reach.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nte-last-summer-Arsène-wenger-reveals-chelsea

fabo

6.51 / 10

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Depends on formation as well, obviously the side will be mainly Chelsea if it's a 343.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Power rankings.......:lol:

Majority of Arsenal fans would say our back 4 are better individually than their counterparts at Chelsea. Alonso is ******* rubbish aswell.

Bellerin - Moses
Koscielny - Luiz
Mustafi - Cahill.

Be honest.
Fair enough . . . . . Ox/Coq v Kante/Matic?

N

NotAUserName

Depends on formation as well, obviously the side will be mainly Chelsea if it's a 343.
I thought so too about the formation but then I realized our fullbacks haven't been really good this season I'd still have Mustafi there for Cahill.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Arsenal won't lose this but they won't win it either.:rolleyes:

Wenger's frittering away the potential to pull of Roger Federesque title win in his twilight years by being stubborn. The greatness in Federer is his willingness to learn new tricks at an (old) age - Roger's adaptability highlights Arsène's weakness. Arsène won't adapt & as such won't win the big one again.

Honestly, for a season that promised so much for the team to go and lose to ****ing Watford at home before a title decider further cemented my stance that whatever happens on Sunday won;t make one bit of a difference because Arsène doesn't know how to lead his team over the line anymore. It's all become pointless & predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom