• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STYLEZ

Kante wont make a diff.

Wenger would still play Ramsey and coquelin in midfield, leaving kante on the bench.

This is true we all know it.

Wenger has personal relationships with certain players and won't drop them.

Who remembers Bendtner Wenger loved guy

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Honestly this game is on the players, we had a good approach to the game and we looked up for it early.. Not being clinical and individual mistakes cost us the game, not tactics or mentality.

Think it's the other way around to be honest, we were set up in a way that allowed Chelsea players to run at our defenders again and again and again. Koscielny and Mustafi looked like absolute idiots today but they were left brutally exposed by the pathetic midfield setup we had today.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeh, we wouldn't want a manager we've never heard of before :)

Wenger had done big things with Monaco before we signed him. He might have come from Japan but he wasn't a novice, even though most of us had never heard of him. It says more about how the coverage of football has changed in the last 20 years. Wenger wouldn't be unknown with the amount of football coverage we have today back then.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm sure when we saw Abramovic on his mobile, he was texting the kidnappers to say, "Ok, you can release Mrs Cech now!"

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Which is why I want top 4, don't want a new manager starting with a handicap in recruiting. Fear it might take a new manager a while to get this team to follow clear instructions, as opposed to "express yourself, you are smart enough to figure out what to do."

If we attract a top manager and are prepared to spend big the players will come regardless of us being in the Champions League - Man Utd and Chelsea have proven as much. I'm worried our spending spree last summer is going to hinder us though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wenger had done big things with Monaco before we signed him. He might have come from Japan but he wasn't a novice, even though most of us had never heard of him. It says more about how coverage of football has changed in the last 20 years. Wenger wouldn't be unknown with the amount of coverage of football we have today compared to back then.

Ok, so can you tell me the current manager of Grampus 8?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wengers best squad ever has no striker and no midfield.

How can anyone conclude this is a great squad.

Ewarwoowar

Garry Neville is a clown. Called a fan who was expressing his opinion an idiot on national television. It's simple guys you won't know how good the next guy is gonna be until Wenger vacates the post. I think he should go. Injuries aside, the team didn't seem to know what to expect from Chelsea. We were counter attacked on numerous occasions in the match and yet nothing was done to stop that. In the Sunday league that we used to play in, we had no coach. The captain picked the team but I bet we responded better to dangerous situations than our team today. Which begs the question, what are all the coaches and they managers paid to do. They are sitting on the bench but they don't seem to be doing anything.
We used to pick numbers and then the captains would take turns to pick one, I think this is a superior system to Wengers!

Gooner_girl14

Think it's the other way around to be honest, we were set up in a way that allowed Chelsea players to run at our defenders again and again and again. Koscielny and Mustafi looked like absolute idiots today but they were left brutally exposed by the pathetic midfield setup we had today.

Completely agree. Our midfeld was non existent, Chelsea cut through us at will and once we conceded they never looked like losing control. Where were our CBs for the first goal anyway?

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Wengers best squad ever has no striker and no midfield.

How can anyone conclude this is a great squad.

It's easy to conclude that a squad is good when the manager has them well-drilled and tactically sound. Just as it's easy to conclude that a squad isn't good enough when the manager leaves them out to dry.

Something tells me that if I asked you last season whether you would be happy with Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso being our full backs, you'd have laughed at me. But that's what a good manager does - plays to the strengths of his players whilst negating weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom