• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykes

Don't really care about how many we lost by it's the complete lack of fight at 4-1. The tie isn't over then, another away goal could have given us hope, we've seen how Bayern panic when things get close.
Exactly. Matter of fact, I thought they'd shut shop when it was 3-1..ridiculous. Wenger should have started Welbeck. Alexis was the only one pressing till he got tired and started walking around. Ox started pressing around the 85th min and was getting mad at not getting help. Fools were beyond disjointed. Pitiful

Ashybashy86

We've still always been a very respected side though, and expected to be on the up. Wenger was under less scrutiny and seen in a better light than I expect he's about to be. With this loss, we've basically cemented out reputation as "the littlest of the big boys". Something really needs to change now.
I'm beginning to think most of those people who still appear to respect Arsenal are just being polite.

mm76

Yer Da
He's always been charming & respectful man. Among a select few opposition managers I routinely route for when up against others.

yes and let's face it only a genuine bully (like Keane) would go for Wenger now - everyone knows he's been exposed this season like never before - no excuses, nowhere to hide - it really is all over - and he must go

but what a shame he didn't go after one of those recent FA Cup wins - tbh i'd be happy to see him win the FAC this season, trouble is it might well delude him into thinking he should stay

kopzilla

Always Negative
I don't necessarily want him to leave, but I want him to be honest. He's always going on about belief and hunger and how we want to do well. He rarely talks about how we need to improve collectively in defence, how we need to be more vocal on the pitch. He needs to acknowledge how far away we are from the level we need to be before we turn it around, not get defensive.

The bar has shifted in the last ten years during his tenure and he's failed to adapt. He needs to put pressure on the board to give him more support if that's holding him back. He needs to forget about targeting a style of play and focus on targeting a mentality of success.

Its past him now...well past. We know how stubborn he has been. I think he should resign before the season ends. No chance of keeping Sanchez, Özil either.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The victorious final against Hull was really the most opportune moment, he should've announced his stepping the evening after the parade.

What's done is done, he signed it 3 years ago, now he must swallow what remains of his shattered pride & push the supposedly "available" contract away and shuffle off upstairs to the boardroom where he'll be more at home.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

my lecturer just walked past me in the hallway and is asking if i am alright. Lol the pain is real.

20wiix7qy3gy.png

Ashybashy86

can't believe i already shelled out for a home leg ticket - i'll never get rid of it now... :-(
Oh I think you could. There are some clowns who get really excited just because the big boys are coming to play at the Emirates. Never mind that they've already embarrassed us and will probably do it again.

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
City fan here. Now you may say I have no business posting on this forum, on this thread, on a morning like this, and if you feel like telling me to **** off, you ****, well, I can live with that.
If I can say it quietly, here is the match I saw, as a neutral. First half, I see no "gulf" whatsoever between the two teams. They had most of the possession, but were not in fact doing much with it. You were in fact managing them, quite efficiently.
Second half, even at 2-1, that is a perfectly acceptable result. No, here's the thing. What shocked me was the way the entire team seemed to fold after the second goal went in. That is not a question of skills. It's a question of mentality and attitude. That's what Arsenal don't seem to have now, and it doesn't seem to be something that Wenger can give them any more.
I've seen City fold once or twice like that, and I'm utterly insulted, as a fan. You can forgive your players anything, so long as they're putting in a shift, and fighting right to the end. Arsenal players didn't even seem to look angry with themselves, at the end. Except - and this is ominous - Sanchez.
Not quite sure where you go from here. If by some miracle you could get Simeone, I'd go for him. I'm well aware he's not an Arsenal-type manager. But he's a man who puts steel into his teams, and by God you need that right now. But it's not just the manager question. A number of those players need to go. You know who they are. They know who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom