• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If by some miracle you could get Simeone, I'd go for him. I'm well aware he's not an Arsenal-type manager. But he's a man who puts steel into his teams, and by God you need that right now. .

Not even sure what am Arsenal-type manager is. We've had Wenger for so long and he's changed our club so much I would say it's a clean slate from here.

Also feel free to post. We have fans of other teams posting here. You aren't being a wind up merchant so post away

Mike Vinna

When Kos went off it was over. I knew it. I turned it off at 2-1 because I knew it would get humiliating and I just stopped caring to protect myself.. Sad state we're in.

skip spence

Umm, what about Everton or Watford or the struggle we had with freaking Preston. Tell me what quality that wales team that played so well in the euros have that we don't. Cause it seems that the manager has a big say in how talent is utilized. Or are we gonna chuck that up, to an anomaly like Leicester. If Wenger was so great then maybe we too can also be an anomaly an actually mount a challenge for an important competition ffs.
I'm not defending Wenger. He is the the man with the main responsibility. He assembled the squad, he makes the tactics (together with his staff).

He bet on the wrong horses, there's no two ways about it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm not even gonna blame Özil or Gibbs or Gabriel or Ox or Coquelin or Ospina or anyone else who crossed that white line last night. They were soldiers sent over the trenches with no armour no plan sent to be cannon fodder by a manager so far removed and out of touch it's frightening.

GBGooner

How do "they" know that Gibbs, Ox and Theo haven't reached "their potential"?
They're not Henry, Vieira and Ashley Cole, you could just as easily argue he has developed them to their limited potential and his failure was in not getting rid of them when this became apparent.

There are a lot of people on here talking a lot of rubbish this morning, which is understandable after last night but this is a really good point.

We have 3/4 of a squad full of very average players, players that Wenger should of been able to see as a manager/coach had reached their potential 2-3 seasons ago. We could of sold Ox, Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere years ago when we could of got good money from it instead were left with a load of rubbish that we will struggle to sell because of their wage demands. You could include Ramsey in that to but I think there may be a slight chance he could be better under a different manager seeing what he can do for Wales (unlikley though).

The thing is Wenger is still doing it, Coq has just signed another deal, WHY??? He is poor and should not be staying, especially when we have just signed Xhaka, who has also shown some real lack of class so far for us. As much as the football and mentality has been bad from Wenger as of late what doesnt get mentioned enough is his inability to bring in and get rid of the right players at the right time, at best he just loans them out, almost 'just incase they become good'.

We need a really big clearout, other than Koz, Mustafi, Bellerin and Sanchez the rest have to go, they do not have the quality to win games of last nights stature.

That saying Sanchez will be going in the summer I would bet my season ticket on it, its in his body language and everything he does and says on the pitch, he isnt enjoying playing for us just like were not enjoying watching! Who can blame him!

Last edited:

GBGooner

can't believe i already shelled out for a home leg ticket - i'll never get rid of it now... :-(

I hope this is a joke and just you trying to make a point, you will go and support your team through thick and thin. I will still be going whether it hurts or not because thats what football is and thats what SUPPORTING YOUR CLUB is about.

If not mate I suggest you get yourself on to a Man Utd forum and I will take your ticket. I know many real fans who will still go with me.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wonder who. Bould beat up Coquelin I'm betting
Özil had a moan about playing with **** players who can't play at this level. Ox told him he was a lazy **** and told him to **** off. Özil never got the same flight back and is still in Germany. Most of the squad want Özil to leave whilst Alexis will only speak Dothraki to Gabriel, doesn't talk to anybody else.

My new sauce informed me this morning.

junglist57

Established Member
Özil had a moan about playing with **** players who can't play at this level. Ox told him he was a lazy **** and told him to **** off. Özil never got the same flight back and is still in Germany. Most of the squad want Özil to leave whilst Alexis will only speak Dothraki to Gabriel, doesn't talk to anybody else.

My new sauce informed me this morning.

The sad thing is that over 65% of that statement could quite easily be plausible and true.

Believed it up until the Dothraki bit :eek:ops:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Were they fighting over who will post the selfie first?

Walcott and Mertesacker took offence when Gabriel said he'd be making the traditional bounce-backability speech to the media.

It all kicked off from there, though Theo ended up being laid out. Might be a hamstring injury.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Not even 200 passes, and less than 3/4 of them completed......what complete and utter disaster have we been witnessing there?

That stat is truly unbelievable, for an Arsène Wenger team even more so.

Malky

Established Member
There was "fisticuffs" in the dressing room?
Gibbs was trying to give a speech because he's " Arsenal Captain " and Alexis told him to "shut up and sit the **** down", Coquelin tried to defend him, which is more than he done during the game, Alexis called Coq "useless and not good enough", Coq turned round hoping Özil would have his back, Özil was nowhere to be seen - just like on the pitch.

Goonerozil33

I just cannot believe we lost that match 5-1 after doing so well until Kos went off. We had the better chances after 20th minute and we looked like we are going to get a good result. Then somehow we just collapsed.
Two things to look into,
One, improving the technical quality of this team, we need more cazorlas in this squad. We lacked an ability to move the ball quickly which used to be such a wenger trademark. The year we signed Özil, we had Arteta,Wilshere,Rosicky,Cazorla and Özil playing in midfield or wide areas. Now only Özil remains and we do not have anyone else at that technical level. Our front 6 lack good technical quality and unless we find such players we are going to struggle in Europe

Two, We are in a loop wherein we will find it incredibly difficult to sign top class players unless we win something. We can offer all the money in the world and they still will not join us. We somehow need to break this cycle. The only way we can sign high quality players is by winning something soon. If not, we will slowly drift into obscurity currently occupied by Sp**s and Pool. Pool and Sp**s overcome their mental block by changing managers, in the process, create a positive feel around the club. Even then they are stagnating like us. It is extremely important for Arsenal that Wenger leaves the club after we win the league or CL. If he leaves before that and if we do not sign a top class(a very rare breed) manager, we will struggle to get out of this losing cycle. Sp**s/Pool with exceptionally promising managers are still not doing as well Wenger is doing with Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom