• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I just cannot believe we lost that match 5-1 after doing so well until Kos went off. We had the better chances after 20th minute and we looked like we are going to get a good result. Then somehow we just collapsed.
Two things to look into,
One, improving the technical quality of this team, we need more cazorlas in this squad. We lacked an ability to move the ball quickly which used to be such a wenger trademark. The year we signed Özil, we had Arteta,Wilshere,Rosicky,Cazorla and Özil playing in midfield or wide areas. Now only Özil remains and we do not have anyone else at that technical level. Our front 6 lack good technical quality and unless we find such players we are going to struggle in Europe

Two, We are in a loop wherein we will find it incredibly difficult to sign top class players unless we win something. We can offer all the money in the world and they still will not join us. We somehow need to break this cycle. The only way we can sign high quality players is by winning something soon. If not, we will slowly drift into obscurity currently occupied by Sp**s and Pool. Pool and Sp**s overcome their mental block by changing managers, in the process, create a positive feel around the club. Even then they are stagnating like us. It is extremely important for Arsenal that Wenger leaves the club after we win the league or CL. If he leaves before that and if we do not sign a top class(a very rare breed) manager, we will struggle to get out of this losing cycle. Sp**s/Pool with exceptionally promising managers are still not doing as well Wenger is doing with Arsenal.

**** no we don't need more cazorlas!!!

Every other player Wenger buys is a cazorla ffs

We dont buy enough athletes we only buy small technical players

We are plauged by injuries every year

Ffs for years Wenger even refused to play a proper DM

We lack a Bellerin clone and a couple of Sanchez clones

We are stickning to theo even thou he has lost his one redeeming quality

Sanis

When I saw the starting line up, I new we were doomed. Under the proper management, squad selection and tactics, even this team is capable of achieving good results and could have gotten result in this game as well.

progman07

Established Member
Not sure how Kroenke can even be blamed here, he's barely even relevant.

In 2 of the past 4 summer windows Wenger has spent over 100M on new players, in Euros, spending isn't the issue.

Every season we see the same depressing pattern play out, the one consistent factor? Wenger.

There is nobody else to blame but him for our underperformance.

He needs to take responsibility and leave, before the damage worsens.
Exactly.

I don't think a midtable English team would have capitulated as bad as we did yesterday, it is definitely not related to money. We had one of the lowest possessions in this year's CL so far... where is the Arsenal that wants to pass the ball into the net and fails, I miss them so much... at least we used to play beautiful football even in the early Emirates years.

Goonerozil33

**** no we don't need more cazorlas!!!

Every other player Wenger buys is a cazorla ffs

We dont buy enough athletes we only buy small technical players
Show me a cazorla like player we bought in the last 3 years. Do not buy into the argument that fighters in the squad will win you matches and all. We had 26% possession yesterday and Bayern is hardly a pressing machine like Barca used to be under guardiola. We could not play our passing football at all yesterday. A 60-40% possession is acceptable in a CL away match. But these days we struggle to even maintain possession. Unless we improve that we will not win too many difficult away matches.

kopzilla

Always Negative
It's very shameful when our performance invites not even ridicule but pity from other fans and pundits alike.

I would have loved Ancelotti to manage us...we should have gone for him before he chose Bayern.

The only saving grace was that Wenger managed to get us top 4 consistently and did manage to attract the likes of Sanchez and Özil. In the process, we didn't burn a hole in our pockets.

Probably, if his replacement is some big name manager, we could possibly hold on to both of them.

KAB

Bayern knew our main point in our defense. Just tried their best to take out Koscielny and everything else would be much easier for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom