• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not afraid of L'pool. Another team like us that have the potential to bottle it when the going gets tough.
They seem to bottle it in the smaller games, they're big game killers. They have been for two seasons now.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I have faith in Xhaka being able to negate the press if paired with a CM who can actually play football.

Xhaka - Ox for me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
This will be the game where we hit rock bottom for the season. Would go with this sort of team:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
AMN Xhaka Coquelin
Ox Alexis Welbeck

skip spence

This will be the game where we hit rock bottom for the season. Would go with this sort of team:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
AMN Xhaka Coquelin
Ox Alexis Welbeck
Aye hard to see it go any other way. Liverpool have struggled of late but they always seem to be playing well in the big matches. I just hope they don't embarrass us.

Only hope is our annual 'title is gone'-resurgence.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I'm guessing Elneny and Xhaka might have been played in midfield if Elneny had been fit.

mm76

Yer Da
I like your lineup, but prefer cech instead.

me too except instead of prefer i'd say 'insist on' - can't believe anyone would want to play Ospina again after his recent howlers against Soton, Sutton and Bayern.

also would prefer AMN to Coq

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Another nail in the coffin. Things are going to reach fever pitch after this. Unparalleled scenes.

3 or 4-1

Aevi

Hale End FC
As long as Wenger tries something new, I'll be happy. It could be trying a new formation, sacrificing Özil for another midfielder, fielding AMN or Ox at CM... even if we lose I'll be glad to not have watched the same old rubbish.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don't know mate , I haven't seen anything from Xhaka that he could negate a press. In fact think you could take bets he could see red this match.
You'll see!

You'll all see. I've seen enough signs for him, have to realise that he's always been partnered with guys who make him easier to press.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Apparently Jordan Henderson has broke a bone in his foot and is ruled out for 6/8 weeks. I don't rate Henderson in the slightest but he's an important player for Liverpool. He'll be a big miss.

Difficult to see a win for us here, Liverpool have been outstanding in all their big games this season, particularly at home. We need a big performance, one I'm not sure our boys are capable of.

Stick Xhaka in there, see how he does against the ultra-press. We didn't sign him for £35M to not make an impact on big games. We need players who can get control of the ball, Xhaka is our man.

Ewarwoowar

The prognosis doesn't look good, Pool outballed the spuds in every department in their yard and their supposed to be one of the most organised and mobile sides. Monreal would have his hands full with Mane, Lallana and Clyne and even Firminio at times likely to pop up there. If Iwobi takes that wing He needs to be under strict instruction not to vacate it and leave a hole because our vulnerable midfield are likely going to be pressed right across the width of the pitch being pushed and pulled making it difficult for us to recover and cover for the gaps created by our roaming runners.

Thus, really I think We need to take a pragmatic approach in regards to creativity, We need to stay as solid in formation as possible at least for a period in the match because as vulnerable as We are We can not out gun them toe to toe with our rag tag unsettled midfield as it stands, because We will get swamped and can envisage Xhaka getting frustrated and seeing red.

Would love to see some experience on the left wing, Welbeck, Ox or Sanchez in that order, depending on fitness and who takes the CF role of course, but then Ox may take the right and I can't see Coquelin not partnering Xhaka. If Perez plays:lol: He should take CF because I don't believe he can be relied upon on the wing to track all the way back especially when Bellerin is in advance of him, Perez does not look urgent enough in defencive mode, would take Welbeck over Sanchez in CF tbh for Welly to push and pull their backs apart to create gaps for Sanchez and the like to take advantage of, though we would miss his(Welbeck's) defencive output (so torn on that issue).

Wenger generally sets the team against balling sides like a bit of a gamble, kind of russian roulette, you have a go we have a go, though He does not see it this way because He has a belief in the quality of our team and that quality being the best in the PL, trouble is We don't really play as a team at the moment so that hampers the quality no end.

A high scoring game is on the cards, We are going to be pressed big time, Mane tearing us a new one or a Coutihno speculative screamer could put us on the back foot chasing the game which will open us up for a real punishing match.

Just want to see improvement and for Xhaka to show his worth by linking up with Özil who in turn to show his worth and hope Sanchez does his thing.

Leicester v Pool this evening should be inciteful to what We can expect, hopefully the foxes will up their game now they are free from the dreaded dilly-ding, dilly-dong man and put a dent in the Manepool resurgence.

Cech

Bellerin---Mustafi---Kos---Gibbs

Coq---Xhaka

Walcott/Ox---Özil---Ox/Welbeck

Sanchez

Yes take advantage of Ox's new found confidence, He will give them nuff to think about and hope He has learnt from the previous misdemeanours and hope We take advantage of their mediocre defence.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
We could be starting off this game in 6th place if United beat Bournemouth in their early kick-off and Liverpool win tonight against Leicester. Lose and we'll be staying there.

Hope all the Twitter Gooners that have been mocking Utd's current league position are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom