• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

Nonsense. It can happen at this level. Bayern got whooped 5-0 on agg against Real Madrid in 2013. Real Madrid then went on to whoop Athletico Madrid 4-1 in the final (Managed by Simeone BTW). Barcelona beat PSG 5-1 on agg at te QF stage in 2014, looks like PSG ae going to return the favour after the 4-0 hiding they got in France. My point is that these results can and do happen at this level which I have just proven to you. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and accept the better team won on the day. even in 2010 we beat Barcelona at home and but for the Van Persie sending off early in the game, I think we could have beaten them over the 2 legs.

Erm, what? Firstly it's Atletico, not "Athletico". Secondly, these teams bar PSG (which aren't even relevant to Arsenal considering they've actually smashed top teams) have all reached a champions league final, or won the whole thing in the last 10 years. The fact that you can only pick out 3 results in the last few years is testament to how unusual a drubbing is. Even so, who gives a flying ****? I'd happily lose to Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate if it somehow meant we won the damn thing within 5 years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nonsense. It can happen at this level. Bayern got whooped 5-0 on agg against Real Madrid in 2013. Real Madrid then went on to whoop Athletico Madrid 4-1 in the final (Managed by Simeone BTW). Barcelona beat PSG 5-1 on agg at te QF stage in 2014, looks like PSG ae going to return the favour after the 4-0 hiding they got in France. My point is that these results can and do happen at this level which I have just proven to you. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and accept the better team won on the day. even in 2010 we beat Barcelona at home and but for the Van Persie sending off early in the game, I think we could have beaten them over the 2 legs.
I didn't think I had to explain what happens when results like that occur. Heads roll...that CL final that atletico lost 4-1 was a massive footballing injustice and you're super naïve if you think that the Barcelona cheerleader (Honestly can't remember his name right now :lol:) will be in a job next season.

Also you keep using aggregate scores..we lost 5-1 in one game....twice in two years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And those guys that accept humiliating defeats against top sides, embarrassing collapses and groundhog day type deficencies for a decade are all over this forum too.
You seem to talk and know everything about everything but.....football!
Well let's talk football. After all this is a forum.

We've lost 5 games out of 25 in the league and 1 out of 7 in the CL

Man City who have Pep Guardiola in charge instead of useless Wenger have lost 5 games out of 25 in the league and lost 1 out of 7 in the CL.

This is a manager who supposedly drills his teams to within an inch of their lives, has a £533m squad at his disposal and won his first season in Spain and won his first league season in Germany.

Now, if you just let your frustration and hate calm for a minute and look in the mirror . . . . don't you think that your OTT, humiliating, no fight, no balls, failing ineptness is, in all honesty, just a steaming pile of childish sh*te and nothing more.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well let's talk football. After all this is a forum.

We've lost 5 games out of 25 in the league and 1 out of 7 in the CL

Man City who have Pep Guardiola in charge instead of useless Wenger have lost 5 games out of 25 in the league and lost 1 out of 7 in the CL.

This is a manager who supposedly drills his teams to within an inch of their lives, has a £533m squad at his disposal and won his first season in Spain and won his first league season in Germany.

Now, if you just let your frustration and hate calm for a minute and look in the mirror . . . . don't you think that your OTT, humiliating, no fight, no balls, failing ineptness is, in all honesty, just a steaming pile of childish sh*te and nothing more.
Why do you do this to yourself mate? Sigh here goes nothing.

We have Pool, Tottenham, Everton and both Manchester clubs to play. Pep has Pool, us and Chelsea to play before having one of the piss-easiest run ins in recent memory. There goes your 5 out of 25 in the league crap (no offence).

Now you're next point...you're trying to use the fact he won his first seasons in Spain and Germany against him? Goddamn it trax, this is low! Whatever happened to adaptation periods? A manager winning anything in his first season is incredibly impressive, don't use that as a stick to later beat them with.

Lastly...533M squad but tell me how good it is not how much it costs! You're a wise man; you know he blew his money on young players who aren't as good as their price may indicate. Sane, Stones and Gundogan for around 100M. Gundogan is out for the season and Sane and Stones are young and very raw (some may say Stones is absolute ****e).

The thing is I know you're smart enough to know that somebody was eventually going to punch a hole in every point you just made so why are you doing this to yourself?:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why do you do this to yourself mate? Sigh here goes nothing.

We have Pool, Tottenham, Everton and both Manchester clubs to play. Pep has Pool, us and Chelsea to play before having one of the piss-easiest run ins in recent memory. There goes your 5 out of 25 in the league crap (no offence).

Now you're next point...you're trying to use the fact he won his first seasons in Spain and Germany against him? Goddamn it trax, this is low! Whatever happened to adaptation periods? A manager winning anything in his first season is incredibly impressive, don't use that as a stick to later beat them with.

Lastly...533M squad but tell me how good it is not how much it costs! You're a wise man; you know he blew his money on young players who aren't as good as their price may indicate. Sane, Stones and Gundogan for around 100M. Gundogan is out for the season and Sane and Stones are young and very raw (some may say Stones is absolute ****e).

The thing is I know you're smart enough to know that somebody was eventually going to punch a hole in every point you just made so why are you doing this to yourself?:lol:
If somebody had punched holes in it, I'd be the first to admit it :lol:

You mistake my post. Nobody wants to beat Guardiola with a stick, the guys doing OK in a very tough league.

The squad's not worth discussing, everybody has their own idea of who's a good player and who's rubbish and who's worth what . . . wasted bandwidth.

Getting back to it. At the moment then (if you're happy with that) Guardiola, one the most lauded managers on the planet is neck and neck with Wenger. All I'm saying is one can't be the best thing since sliced bread and the other an inept, useless, bottling, past it, tactically clueless idiot.

It's all f***ing nonsense mate, surely an elite poster like yourself can't be suckered by this ridiculous hype. It's beneath your status on this forum to defend it :lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
It's first season for Pep in England. Probably half of the team isn't his, but his predecessors. It's safe to say, that he is getting to know his team through the season.
Meanwhile Wenger is building this team from 2013. All players were bought by Wenger. It's 100% his team.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's first season for Pep in England. Probably half of the team isn't his, but his predecessors. It's safe to say, that he is getting to know his team through the season.
Meanwhile Wenger is building this team from 2013. All players were bought by Wenger. It's 100% his team.
Well he won his first his first season in Spain and Germany. Are we saying this league is much tougher to win?. :lol:

I would argue his squad is good and David Silva, the nippy little Spanish wizard is fit and well. Whilst our nippy little Spanish wizard is f***ed.

Look, Wenger is a battled hardened pro whose never sunk below 4th in 20 years of the toughest league in the world. He has his faults but he's not a tactically clueless, past it, inept, bottling, useless manager. Not having it!

Preacher

Always Crying
Well he won his first his first season in Spain and Germany. Are we saying this league is much tougher to win?. :lol:

I would argue his squad is good and David Silva, the nippy little Spanish wizard is fit and well. Whilst our nippy little Spanish wizard is f***ed.

Look, Wenger is a battled hardened pro whose never sunk below 4th in 20 years of the toughest league in the world. He has his faults but he's not a tactically clueless, past it, inept, bottling, useless manager. Not having it!
He had better teams in Spain and Germany in his first season's there and adding more competitive league we have what we have now.

Btw, I never said, that Wenger is tactically clueless, inept or useless manager. In my opinion, he doesn't extract the best from current squad and our club's resources. Every beginning has an end. This club needs a shake-up, new beginning. The sooner the better.

scytheavatar

Established Member
That he's tactically inept is way too harsh, and he's not "useless" either.

As always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

We have degraded enough tactically that I can say Wenger and his coaching staff has become tactically inept, if not borderline useless. The manner that our players were at the field completely shellshocked and confused in the Everton/City/Chelsea/Bayern games is not usual and would not have happened years ago. Just wait to see us get bodied in our upcoming games and you'll realize just how bad things have become.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We have degraded enough tactically that I can say Wenger and his coaching staff has become tactically inept, if not borderline useless. The manner that our players were at the field completely shellshocked and confused in the Everton/City/Chelsea/Bayern games is not usual and would not have happened years ago. Just wait to see us get bodied in our upcoming games and you'll realize just how bad things have become.
Here we go :lol:
He had better teams in Spain and Germany in his first season's there and adding more competitive league we have what we have now.

Btw, I never said, that Wenger is tactically clueless, inept or useless manager. In my opinion, he doesn't extract the best from current squad and our club's resources. Every beginning has an end. This club needs a shake-up, new beginning. The sooner the better.
Agree with that, it wasn't you sh*tting all over him :lol:

Kotikalja

This thread is painful. Shut the **** up about money!! Anyone going on about money ask yourself this, can you see Wenger winning the league ever again at arsenal? If no, then time to move on.
I've said this before, money means **** all when you don't have any balls and fight. This squad doesn't have it, and arsenal haven't had it for 10 years under this manager.
Going on about how kante Costa hazard etc would walz into our team all because Chelsea have been spending so much more money than us, well guess what,....we could've bought all them guys for the same prices or less than Özil Sanchez xhaka mustafi.
The squad is good enough to not be getting thrashed in the last 16 every year and to at least challenge these "super powered and superfunded" league winners containing players like Moses Alonso Cahill luiz vardy Drinkwater huth, Darren fletcher, kagawa, Valencia , young.
Actually try and watch football instead of looking at the financial documents and you might learn something about the game and about winning.
Good post. It's not like people expect Arsenal to beat the more expensive teams to the title every year. We should however be able to mount a credible title challenge, something we have managed ONCE in twelve years. We should even be able to nick the title every now and then. I wonder if all the posters on here talking about squad cost would back Wenger to win the league even with the most expensive squad? I know I wouldn't.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If somebody had punched holes in it, I'd be the first to admit it :lol:

You mistake my post. Nobody wants to beat Guardiola with a stick, the guys doing OK in a very tough league.

The squad's not worth discussing, everybody has their own idea of who's a good player and who's rubbish and who's worth what . . . wasted bandwidth.

Getting back to it. At the moment then (if you're happy with that) Guardiola, one the most lauded managers on the planet is neck and neck with Wenger. All I'm saying is one can't be the best thing since sliced bread and the other an inept, useless, bottling, past it, tactically clueless idiot.

It's all f***ing nonsense mate, surely an elite poster like yourself
can't be suckered by this ridiculous hype. It's beneath your status on this forum to defend it :lol:
Look at you trying to butter me up...it worked. Have a like.

Agree with the bolded tbf Wenger is still better than the average manager but using your own logic maybe we're neck and neck because our squads are of around similar quality. You did say that the manager is secondary when it comes to league performance. :p

BobP

Memri Fan
The save draft function is ****ed.

I was writing an incredibly well thought out post in relation to the state of the club and I saved the draft to come back to it another time and now its gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom