• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutarch

Any team in the bottom half of the table can beat Liverpool right now. Unfortunately we won't be able to. These teams defend properly, deny them space, nullify Liverpool's attacking energy, and then break effectively. We can't do any of that. We'll just get sucked into a fast open game, we'll be overwhelmed, and probably three down in twenty minutes.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
baaaaah! it's been a boring week with no Arsenal football.

All pessimism and Wenger aside, I'm looking forward to a good game.

Giroud

Established Member
Easiest way to beat Liverpool is to concede possession and hit them on the break. Unfortunately we'll play our typical game and Liverpool will be able to expose our midfield with their press and we'll probably lose.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Easiest way to beat Liverpool is to concede possession and hit them on the break. Unfortunately we'll play our typical game and Liverpool will be able to expose our midfield with their press and we'll probably lose.
Liv always seem to lift their game against the bigger teams. We go in, expecting an easy ride and get played off the park by a highly motivated team.

It's high time we realized that we are playing catch-up now, and play pragmatic, defense first football in big games. It doesnt happen often enough (only seen us do it against $ity, tottenshit)

Giroud

Established Member
Liv always seem to lift their game against the bigger teams. We go in, expecting an easy ride and get played off the park by a highly motivated team.

It's high time we realized that we are playing catch-up now, and play pragmatic, defense first football in big games. It doesnt happen often enough (only seen us do it against $ity, tottenshit)

It's not that they lift their game, it's just they are very suited to having less possession and using their press to win the ball high and creating chances that way. When they have lots of possession they're not very good.

Jm89

We will lose this quite handsomely after the fiasco they went through last night!....the writing is on the wall for them to win this by a substantial amount! If we do in my eyes wenger has to go there's no more excuses especially after the break we have just had we should be fresh and revitalised to get back on track!

Wenger and the coaching staff should be working on a plan to win this game and win it well.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We never look like that though do we. It's always the same. We're rarely as energetic as Klopp's sides always are.

No we aren't , and we can't try to be . Just mean we have to be more resolute than them , we aren't winning a pressing battle with them nor should we try. We are languid so let's play that way .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hope Wenger plays a pacey attack, no Giroud. We need to hit them on the break and keep the middle solid but creative, think I would go Ox/Xhaka. If the team below plays anywhere near their top level, we will win. If players like Özil, Walcott, Xhaka & Bellerin dont focus, we will lose.

Cech

Belerin----Mustafi----Kos----Monreal

----------Xhaka----------Ox

Walcott----------Özil------------Perez

------------------Alexis

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Don't know mate , I haven't seen anything from Xhaka that he could negate a press. In fact think you could take bets he could see red this match.

Ha, you could take bets on that in any game and the odds wouldn't be very good. Guys got to learn to stay on his feet, currently he's a liability. I would be ready to bring AMN on if Xhaka is fortunate to get a yellow and not a straight red.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ha, you could take bets on that in any game and the odds wouldn't be very good. Guys got to learn to stay on his feet, currently he's a liability. I would be ready to bring AMN on if Xhaka is fortunate to get a yellow and not a straight red.

I've been critical of Xhaka picking up reds but some of the other stuff I have seen recently that picked up yellows makes me wonder .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Remember the good old days when we went down to 10 men 0-0 first 20 mins at Anfield and still won 2-1:drool:

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is the game where a player like Xhaka has to prove his worth offensively and defensively. The way I see it the best way to beat the press accurate long distance passes into a pacey attack - Welbeck Alexis and Perez. If they lose it they will press for the turnover your attacking strength becomes a defensive strength.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've been critical of Xhaka picking up reds but some of the other stuff I have seen recently that picked up yellows makes me wonder .

Yeh, its easy to get a label and much harder to get rid of it. I'm sure he was booked against Sutton and he could easily have avoided it. Aggression can be a positive but for him it always seem to be a negative.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Teams might struggle against others, like Liverpool have, but it's no coincidence that our opponents' bad form tends to go out the window when we show up. The combination of the unorthodox way we attack and defend, and our penchant for the ridiculous breathes life into them. We're unique like that. We'll always give you a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom