• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendtneer

You can't have players like Özil, Alexis, Cech, Kos, and let Leicester win the league...

What more proof do we need
Leicester won the league becoz they were better then everyone else by a good margin..We have bottled a few titles in last 13years but last year we were never in it.

karl

Wenger has lost it I believe, as a coach.
I don't think this is true. He just needs a change of scenery. Almost any manager at one club so long is going to run out of ways to inspire a team.

This particular set of players need a very strong hand, as the cannot motivate themselves and Arsène's style is to soft for them.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Wenger is so next level he plays mind games with himself. And wins.

I suppose at this stage there should be at least one arena where he can technically win, seeing as it's practically hopeless with regards to football :lol:

Giroud

Established Member
Wenger set up the team to defend deep because Liverpool struggle to break down compact defences. Then 8 minutes in they found themselves 3 v 3 with our defence from a ****ing goal kick.

Always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wenger grasping at straws today.

Switching to a long ball ball game just because Leicester were successful with it smacks of desperation. It's Wengerball that's given him the consistency, respect and longevity.

Just shows the pressure he's under using f*** tactics like that and leaving Sanchez out as well. This is definitely the end, he seems to have lost faith in himself with all this pressure.

Not surprising, it's been coming for a while. No man can withstand people questioning and mocking you day in day out and it not take its toll, however experienced.
Fair enough, but if he can't take the pressure anymore he shouldn't be the manager.

There is pressure at every club, though, and he doesn't even have owners and DoF's breathing down his neck here demanding him to win trophies.

Twenty years is a very long haul in an extremely demanding and exhausting job that is being a manager. Sooner or later it catches up to everyone.

Mikomir

As an Arsenal supporter since 1971 I have seen us going into decline a number of times before. This a another one of those times. Only a change in direction can minimize the damages. The team is not playing for Wenger anymore, and it his own fault. Selecting Iwobi over Sanchez makes no sense other than Wenger was playing a powergame with Sanchez....and lost. If Sanchez wasn't on his way out before today, he certainly will be now!

Jm89

I don't think this is true. He just needs a change of scenery. Almost any manager at one club so long is going to run out of ways to inspire a team.

This particular set of players need a very strong hand, as the cannot motivate themselves and Arsène's style is to soft for them.

He has far to much control over everything here! He is useless at signing players the only real star he's brought over the last few years is Sanchez!

He's a control freak he really is! He won't be able to minipulate another board like he's done ours!

Jaywood Mac

The game would have been different if we got the obvious calls because we destroyed them second half. Too bad.

The problem is the fans have been cancerous with their campaign against Wenger for the past three years. It started with a few then the media started using it against him and the team. The fa obviously don't want him to stay since he rejected then multiple times and the refs have been against arsenal in the most ridiculous ways.

Even the arsenal punbias against the man. Ffs how can they even say that wasn't a red card. It's ridiculous.

I remember a few years ago when we were 17th after 10 games and he asked for confidence and he turned it around. I remember that speech at the AGM but **** me, people are ganging up on the team and the manager since the beginning. They've been a cancer to the team yet as an organisation we didn't have that siege mentality?? Why??? Because when the manager got sent off for that **** nobody ****ing defended him.

How about we go after the referees, wait we can't and they can do whatever they want like today. Like every Manchester united game where they win with offside goal and have 9 girls against them disallowed.

Yes the manager might have to leave but ****ing hell back your ducking team and expose the **** media for what they are. ****. Anti arsenal media. Pro Liverpool pro united garbage.
That's some grade A conspiracy BS there man, **** me.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fair enough, but if he can't take the pressure anymore he shouldn't be the manager.

There is pressure at every club, though, and he doesn't even have owners and DoF's breathing down his neck here demanding him to win trophies.

Twenty years is a very long haul in an extremely demanding and exhausting job that is being a manager. Sooner or later it catches up to everyone.
It's like watching the last couple of fights of Mohamed Ali. Eventually someone had to step in to stop the great man taking the punishment.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I hate this narrative that Rodgers had Suarez. Wenger had RVP who scored more goals than Suarez did yet we were nowhere near close to winning the league. Its disingenuous to say it was just Suarez and a decent Sturridge.
Umm it's not disingenuous to point out what a manager had at his disposal when comparing his record to that of a manager with nowhere near that level of talent in his squad. Your RVP comparison is wholly irrelevant not just because we're talking about Klopp and Rodgers rather than Wenger but because he never came close to putting up the 54 league goals in 66 league matches that Suarez did under Rodgers. Brendan Rodgers had 2 strikers who put up a combined 85 goals in 2 full seasons for him. When Klopp has that kind of firepower at his disposal then he can be compared to Rodgers' results. His squad is considerably worse by some measure.

VancouverCanuck

Couldn't watch the game but caught the highlights:

ffed4aa75f.jpg

.. What? :lol: 8 Arsenal players marking 4 Liverpool players, leaving Mané completely open. Not even joking when I say this is amateur defending, screams of lack of organisation and defensive drilling. Not even sure you can blame the players. This looks like a team without defensive orders, no marking assignments etc.

Why I've always said that if a defender performs great for Arsenal, he's a world class defender. Koscielny is (maybe was?) easily a world top 5 CB for a few years.
You can blame the coaching in this case...everyone knows that this sort of defending can only be sorted if Wenger had another $200m to spend.

VancouverCanuck

BTW, I feel nothing when watching Arsenal matches nowadays.

When Liverpool was dominating in the first half and scored 2 goals, it was as if I have seen this so many times before.

I am just so sick and tired of the fight for top 4 year and year. I have stopped caring.

When Wenger leaves, which is looking more and more likely at the end of this season, I can see us really struggle and may even finish outside top 6. Maybe after a few years of mid-table finishes, I can get excited about top 4 again.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I feel a lot of the players would benefit from a change of manager. When they speak out in support of Wenger, it makes me feel ill. How these 'professionals' can feel comfortable being involved in these farcical games every season is beyond me. How they can't see that their manager is at the root of it all, is bewildering.

They trust him, he trusts them, yet together they're a steaming pile of sh!t.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arsenal keeper Petr Cech: "We were more aggressive after the break and started winning the 50-50 battles. It's disappointing when you lose the game, but more disappointing conceding the first two goals because we weren't in danger.

"With three points we would have been in the chase for the title, but now we're too far. We need to ensure that we finish as high as possible and in the top four."

Looks like Pete been drinking too much of that tea they have serving up down at London Colney.

Uh mate , how many trophies has this bloke won ? He's a winner , that's how they think .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wenger grasping at straws today.

Switching to a long ball ball game just because Leicester were successful with it smacks of desperation. It's Wengerball that's given him the consistency, respect and longevity.

Just shows the pressure he's under using f*** tactics like that and leaving Sanchez out as well. This is definitely the end, he seems to have lost faith in himself with all this pressure.

Not surprising, it's been coming for a while. No man can withstand people questioning and mocking you day in day out and it not take its toll, however experienced.

That's isn't correct mate , throughout the years we have always switched to direct . Makes sense to me you don't play Xhaka and Coq and expect to play through the press . You're clutching at straws here .

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Senseless to sub in walcott. Does arsenal expect any difference from him after 10 + years?

Has he ever score any crucial goals while Arsenal is chasing the game?
Not only that Theo & Lucas are so bad on the ball in build up play. Shame as we had plenty of time & no need to go so desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom