• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As an Arsenal supporter since 1971 I have seen us going into decline a number of times before. This a another one of those times. Only a change in direction can minimize the damages. The team is not playing for Wenger anymore, and it his own fault. Selecting Iwobi over Sanchez makes no sense other than Wenger was playing a powergame with Sanchez....and lost. If Sanchez wasn't on his way out before today, he certainly will be now!
welcome, to this forum
and yes, I agree

marc-in

i told myself this year i won't watch arsenal games as long as wenger is in charge, its simply not worth the frustration, same mistakes being made for a decade !

i just saw he didn't start sanchez, what kind of idiotic decision is that ?

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
i told myself this year i won't watch arsenal games as long as wenger is in charge, its simply not worth the frustration, same mistakes being made for a decade !

i just saw he didn't start sanchez, what kind of idiotic decision is that ?

Personally I would've started Alexis but I see the reasoning behind him not being picked; Arsène wanted to go for a more direct approach with some aerial threat in attack.

Its also worth mentioning that despite Alexis's productivity in terms of goals and assists his overall performances have been terrible since December; constantly loses possession carelessly which deters the teams attacking momentum.
The reason a player like Coquelin usually gets mercilessly criticised when he plays poor is due to him being a defensive midfielder whose bad performances can lead to opponents scoring whereas a player like Alexis can perpetually give the ball away and stifle the teams cohesive potential for 85 minutes but because he'll score a goal or two his shortcomings which disturbs our fluidity and pace in attack will go unnoticed.

When are we as supporters going to be less narrow minded and more flexible with our analysis of players performances?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Uh mate , how many trophies has this bloke won ? He's a winner , that's how they think .
Really? If he's such a winner (and he was) he'd know the game was up - his team has shown nothing this season that would indicate they could lift the title, let alone now 13 pts behind with 12 games to go.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wenger: "We hadn't played for a while so it took us a while to get into the game. We conceded cheap goals. You don't expect that."

Yes, we do expect that :lol:
He's got to be f*cking kidding me. Without games off, we get fed a story about lack of time to prepare. Now we get a game off, and and suddenly we are "too raw"?? What the **** are they doing in training then? Yoga?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If this group of players had any collective pride, there'd be ****ing mutiny. It's like a sect. They must be either have very thick skin, or just do not give a ****. That's all it can be.
Feel like the players are actually lethargic and are comfortable with the club. What else can explain the fact that most players become s*** immediately after they signed a new contract? Players' agenda at arsenal
1) Play some good games when contract is about to expire.
2) Win a contract with handsome pay.
3) Become mediocre till the contract is about to expire or you need a pay hike.
Reason players are able to do this? We have a manager who doesn't have the balls to sell them off. All of a sudden, a player who really has the hunger and passion to win games joins the team. We see the stark difference in the attitude of him and rest of the team. No wonder he wants to move on. Others want Wenger to stay so that they can continue to lead their luxurious lives without an ounce of pressure on them. They know that they won't be sold, no matter how s*** they are.

Personally, given a choice, even I would want to stay at Arsenal. Can't blame the players.

Hyruga

Feel like the players are actually lethargic and are comfortable with the club. What else can explain the fact that most players become s*** immediately after they signed a new contract? Players' agenda at arsenal
Reason players are able to do this? We have a manager who doesn't have the balls to sell them off. All of a sudden, a player who really has the hunger and passion to win games joins the team. We see the stark difference in the attitude of him and rest of the team. No wonder he wants to move on. Others want Wenger to stay so that they can continue to lead their luxurious lives without an ounce of pressure on them. They know that they won't be sold, no matter how s*** they are.

Personally, given a choice, even I would want to stay at Arsenal. Can't blame the players.

Most players at Arsenal are actually reactive players. They acted passively and waited for something to happen. Only when they are behind, then they start to step up the games.

It only feels good to win and it's not a must to win at Arsenal. There is also no leader in the squad.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
That's the point, winners keep going long after you and me have given up .
Fair enough - I may not be a Premier League player but I've won nuff competitive events in my life and there's not giving up and also being a realist. If he thinks that this lot of rabble still had a chance of winning the league then fair play to him but he's deluded imo.

OShea's2010

The game would have been different if we got the obvious calls because we destroyed them second half. Too bad.

The problem is the fans have been cancerous with their campaign against Wenger for the past three years. It started with a few then the media started using it against him and the team. The fa obviously don't want him to stay since he rejected then multiple times and the refs have been against arsenal in the most ridiculous ways.

Even the arsenal punbias against the man. Ffs how can they even say that wasn't a red card. It's ridiculous.

I remember a few years ago when we were 17th after 10 games and he asked for confidence and he turned it around. I remember that speech at the AGM but **** me, people are ganging up on the team and the manager since the beginning. They've been a cancer to the team yet as an organisation we didn't have that siege mentality?? Why??? Because when the manager got sent off for that **** nobody ****ing defended him.

How about we go after the referees, wait we can't and they can do whatever they want like today. Like every Manchester united game where they win with offside goal and have 9 girls against them disallowed.

Yes the manager might have to leave but ****ing hell back your ducking team and expose the **** media for what they are. ****. Anti arsenal media. Pro Liverpool pro united garbage.
Yeah, just blame the fans, the FA, refs, media, pundits, the ball boys, whoever. None of its the managers fault is it? never is with some people, unbelievable

Hyruga

Yeah, just blame the fans, the FA, refs, media, pundits, the ball boys, whoever. None of its the managers fault is it? never is with some people, unbelievable
If Arsenal had won last night, Arsenal would be 10 points behind with 12 games to spare. It's not impossible but with this current group of players, it did look impossible even before last night.

OShea's2010

If Arsenal had won last night, Arsenal would be 10 points behind with 12 games to spare. It's not impossible but with this current group of players, it did look impossible even before last night.
Doesn't matter what the scenario is, the leagues impossible with Wenger these days

OShea's2010

12 days to prepare for a game and his big plan was do the usual but bench out best player.

r5yRypn.png
Was this Sanchez after the bayern game?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Exactly. It's the managers job to move people on, or even 'manage'. Wenger is accountable for this. It's NOT the fault of the players. Yet you'll get people that only want to focus on the players letting him down... You know who they are. Wenger's got nothing to do with that, apparently.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really bad management from Wenger today, like special bad:

- Drops our best player
- Continues fielding out of form players (i.e. Coquelin, Iwobi)
- Shifts our best performing midfielder in recent games onto the right wing AGAIN
- Sets the team up to play on the counter but instead of a player who creates/attacks space up front, he plays Giroud
- Still refuses to play Lucas
- STILL doesn't prepare his midfield for the press, not that they would have done much regardless.

Comically bad. The only thing he got right today was finally giving Welbeck some minutes. And he struggled to get into the game anyway but worked hard and scored the goal that got us back in the game.

One look at that lineup and I knew we were going to lose.

OShea's2010

I never said the manager didn't mess up the first half
Yeah but you're trying to blame a section of fans and the media for the problems. I can promise you, Arsenal fans are patient, actually too patient and loyal for their own good. It's takes a lot for these kind of reactions. I've wanted Wenger out for a long time, over 5 years and my reasoning then was that he never learns from his mistakes. he hasn't changed one bit

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Exactly. It's the managers job to move people on, or even 'manage'. Wenger is accountable for this. It's NOT the fault of the players. Yet you'll get people that only want to focus on the players letting him down... You know who they are. Wenger's got nothing to do with that, apparently.

It's utterly ridiculous taking that line of thought. I mean look at it in the corporate world. You manage a team of individuals, if they aren't producing that's on the manager to sort it out, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom