• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyruga

Iwobi's lazy defending should of been nipped in the bud a long time ago.
Players are not punished for their mistakes. This is not how a squad is run.

Players who make mistakes must wait for their turn or beg to be returned to the squad.

Wenger is old and lazy and his refusal to drop players for poor performances is costing him seasons after seasons.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Do we not show our players videos of how rubbish we are without the ball? The same errors all the time.
I seriously doubt that we practice and drill defense properly and with intensity and focus. The errors are the same year over year. The players change but our defensive frailties stay the same. Someone wrote that to be a good defender with Arsenal you need to be a great defender.

Look at Chelsea. Even David Louis looks really solid and disciplined now. That does not just happen. That's what proper drilling in practice and focus on defensive duties do.

So to answer your question: They probably look at videos but without proper coaching around it.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I seriously doubt that we practice and drill defense properly and with intensity and focus. The errors are the same year over year. The players change but our defensive frailties stay the same. Someone wrote that to be a good defender with Arsenal you need to be a great defender.

Look at Chelsea. Even David Louis looks really solid and disciplined now. That does not just happen. That's what proper drilling in practice and focus on defensive duties do.

So to answer your question: They probably look at videos but without proper coaching around it.

I believe Arsenal do look at videos but I agree that the coaching isn't enough to compound it. How much coaching does Bould really do? He knows how a back 4 is drilled. Do we have different coaches for different positions or is everything done by Wenger. We do work with mannaquins. That may help with automatisms vs statues that don't move but the opposition close us down so how does that help? Training is meant to be repetitive and boring. Repetition is how defensive stability is put in place. George Graham attached string to his back four to make sure they shuffled across in order.

We don't do enough in the coaching department. 2 weeks to work on your team for Liverpool is like having 2 months to revise for one single exam where you already know the answers from 10 different past papers.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

One thing that has been stuck in my mind is that Theo really neglected to take advantage of the incident where he got fouled by Matip and Can at the same time. Can pretended to be injured, and good old Theo stood right up like nothing happened, ref bottled it. If it was the other way around, surely it would have been a second yellow for Can. I'm an amateur, playing for fun, but if that situation happens to me, sure as hell I'm staying down for at least a while and complain. The refs just suck, sometimes you need to help them make up their mind a bit, apparantly the same goes for the Premier League level. Its a product of the bad stuff we've seen over the years, but the feeling I get from that moment is that Theo was having a "look at me, playing clean and fair for the post match interview credits." These are the kind of players I don't want at our club anymore, for lack of a better word, I call them dumb, but I'm afraid they're just not playing for the crest anymore.

Hyruga

One thing that has been stuck in my mind is that Theo really neglected to take advantage of the incident where he got fouled by Matip and Can at the same time. Can pretended to be injured, and good old Theo stood right up like nothing happened, ref bottled it. If it was the other way around, surely it would have been a second yellow for Can. I'm an amateur, playing for fun, but if that situation happens to me, sure as hell I'm staying down for at least a while and complain. The refs just suck, sometimes you need to help them make up their mind a bit, apparantly the same goes for the Premier League level. Its a product of the bad stuff we've seen over the years, but the feeling I get from that moment is that Theo was having a "look at me, playing clean and fair for the post match interview credits." These are the kind of players I don't want at our club anymore, for lack of a better word, I call them dumb, but I'm afraid they're just not playing for the crest anymore.
It's a matter of poor judgment by walcott.

Walcott last season got slayed for going down when he should be chasing the ball.

This season, he choose to stay up.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Wenger is old and lazy and his refusal to drop players for poor performances is costing him seasons after seasons.
Wenger may be old but that's not a stick to beat him with and I certainly wouldn't call him lazy either. Derogatory comments like that don't add anything to the debate.

Your other point is perfectly valid and is just another reason why he has to go

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's a matter of poor judgment by walcott.

Walcott last season got slayed for going down when he should be chasing the ball.

This season, he choose to stay up.
I think last season he just jumped out of the way when he could have challenged. Honestly, he was torpedoed by Can, made a nice backflick, nobody would question him staying down. I'm not saying we would get something from the game, but it could help. Liverpool were diving all over the place, yet we don't take advantage from an obvious second yellow situation.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/liverpool-vs-arsenal/caan-foul-second-yellow-not-given.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom