• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 2nd Leg | Arsenal (1) v Bayern (5) | March 7 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76

Yer Da
We put in a great performance in the first half, fantastic stuff. But what can you do when all of the above goes against you? I just cannot see how anyone can blame Wenger for the manner of the defeat on the night. The players saw all of that going against them, knew there was no chance and just gave up. They have to take the blame for that, not just Wenger.

Much as i hated Ferguc**t when he was at Moan U, the players under him would've fought hard until the end of the game because they knew what kind of a b*llocking they'd get back in the dressing room.

So i do think there's a managerial issue when they give up because Wenger should instil in them a determination, a pride and if nothing else a fear of his reaction - e.g. some of them at least being dropped etc - to make them keep playing professionally.

Look at Bournemouth at Moan Utd the other week - kept out all those 'stars' for half the match and got a draw - will it help them stay up? who knows but it must have given them a lot of pride and self-belief.

before kick-off I thought we would win the game by the odd goal, maybe 2-1 but that result is not acceptable for a club like Arsenal

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Normally I'd say it was the players fault because they've given up, dropped heads, and let Bayern rape them...

However, it didn't happen for the first time, that's the problem here. The more often it happens, the more you've to blame the manager. It's his job to hammer into their heads not to drop or behave like headless chickens.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and so forth....
If he did that, yet gets no response, he should've acted already (drop players, sell them, whatever).

mm76

Yer Da
oh and how about the fact Wenger replaced Welbeck with Olivier 'give me 5 chances and i'll hopefully score one' Giroud and not Lucas?! - seriously his dislike of giving Perez any real chance is enough for him to be sacked alone

Last edited:

Gervais

Established Member
That flurry of goals from Bayern at the end is proof to me that they're not playing for Wenger anymore. 11 or 10 men, you just don't concede those types of goals.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So you're saying it's allright to **** us over because we got thrashed and not going to qualify ? Probably the same attitude the ref took .
No I'm saying that we're the only so called top team who completely folds when faced with adversity. Of course it's not ok for refs to **** us over. It happens though. That's part of the game. You can't control that. You can control what you do afterwards. 3 straight 5-1 scorelines is indicative of a much bigger problem than 1 bad call by a ref. There is absolutely nothing acceptable about conceding 4 goals in 20 minutes just because you're down a man.

Batman

Our poor 2nd half. What's the excuse here, For the refs?
The refs were responsible for 1 goal out of 10 conceded and that's what you want to focus on. That's like focusing on a paper cut while you die of a bullet wound.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

To think that we lost 1-5 due to the ref's decision is just ridiculous. There is no excuse in my view for capitulating like that. To continue to play totally cavalier with only 10 men against Bayern is just not acceptable. The manager needed to change the tactics once the red card came out. The way we played 1-5 could easily have been worse. And that Wenger then after the loss carted out his patented excuses is totally wrong. He is nursing this unacceptable loser mentality. No surprise we suck in big games.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No I'm saying that we're the only so called top team who completely folds when faced with adversity. Of course it's not ok for refs to **** us over. It happens though. That's part of the game. You can't control that. You can control what you do afterwards. 3 straight 5-1 scorelines is indicative of a much bigger problem than 1 bad call by a ref. There is absolutely nothing acceptable about conceding 4 goals in 20 minutes just because you're down a man.

I'm just talking about the ref's performance as I would if anyone other team was playing .

To your point though , that's because we aren't a top team ,we have toop moments but not a top team until we prove otherwise,

Batman

I'm just talking about the ref's performance as I would if anyone other team was playing .

To your point though , that's because we aren't a top team ,we have toop moments but not a top team until we prove otherwise,
Right and the ref was bad. But he was to blame for one goal out of 5. There is a disproportionate amount of attention being paid to the referee. People are sitting here talking like he ruined some vintage performance when the reality is that Bayern were sitting back and let us play because they had no need to attack with any real intent given the scoreline we needed. I mean has it really gotten so dire that now people mistake cogent play against a team that had no need to be interested for some masterclass? And then to focus in on the referee when he's a footnote in the tale of the 2 legs and make a bunch of excuses is pathetic. We have a loser's mentality from the top down. The manager making the excuses he made last night as though it mattered in the end is disgusting. Maybe if he didn't send the message that his precious little players are so hard done by and actually put some fear into them they wouldn't give up and ship 4 goals when faced with adversity. It repulses me that this loser attitude is now infesting the fanbase.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Shambolic refereeing display, I'm appalled.

-Kos shouldn't have been sent off.
-It was never a pen.
-Vidal should've been sent off.
-We should've got a penalty for the foul on Walcott.
-Lewandowski was offside in the build up to the whole penalty farse.

5-1 is taking the piss, but Jesus, the referee was absolutely horrendous. His inexperience told in the end. Hope we never see him at this level again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shambolic refereeing display, I'm appalled.

-Kos shouldn't have been sent off.
-It was never a pen.
-Vidal should've been sent off.
-We should've got a penalty for the foul on Walcott.
-Lewandowski was offside in the build up to the whole penalty farse.

5-1 is taking the piss, but Jesus, the referee was absolutely horrendous. His inexperience told in the end. Hope we never see him at this level again.
you also forget 2 of their goals after the penalty were offside too, worst refereeing ever.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
you also forget 2 of their goals after the penalty were offside too, worst refereeing ever.

**** me, I didn't even watch the goals back :lol:. Two of them were offside? I suspected Vidal's second might've been when I watched it live.

It's easy to win 5-1 with 14 players tbh. The ref, linesman and pointless official behind the goal probably all had Mia San Mia t-shirts on under their uniforms.

Absolute disgrace.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think Opta said we've had the second most red cards in CL history? I'm not sure of the exact tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom