• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Wenger again saying we were a nothing club when he arrived. He'd have us believe that his whole tenure at Arsenal was an act of benevolence on his part. I'm getting to seriously dislike the man.

He's literally become a caricature of himself. I'm of mind to contact the New Yorker & ask them if they have a rogue cartoon running about :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger again saying we were a nothing club when he arrived. He'd have us believe that his whole tenure at Arsenal was an act of benevolence on his part. I'm getting to seriously dislike the man.
:lol: Couldn't ever see Wenger saying Arsenal were a nothing club. He's too respectful, unlike our fans it seems. This making him out to be a demon is beyond a joke.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Surely there has to be some escape clause for him should we not make it into the top 4 (which in all likelyhood WILL happen).

He should not be allowed to come out of this unscathed.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
How many managers have ever turned down a new contract because they feel they are not performing enough to deserve it?

Not turning down a contract but Klopp walked away from current one he was on (ran until 2018) when he felt he couldn't take the club further despite all that he achieved.

Jürgen Klopp has said that he asked to leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season as he “no longer feels he is the perfect coach for the club”. The 47-year-old confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that he had asked for his contract to be terminated but insisted that he is not tired and that he is not planning on having a sabbatical.

In a very emotional press conference, with Klopp, the Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke, and the club’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, Klopp denied that he was quitting because of the poor results this season but rather because he felt that both club and he needed to move on.

After Watzke had started by saying that this press conference was something they at the club had wished they would never have to do, Klopp said: “First of all, no one has to thank me. Both [me and the club] have given a lot and we have received a lot. But I have always said that the day I feel that I am no longer the perfect coach for this extraordinary club I will say that.

That is something I have thought about in every phase here at Dortmund and decided in the last few weeks, days, that I was no longer able to be absolutely sure about that. And then, because of the unusual relationship I have with this club, the trust we have for each other, it was my duty to tell the club.

We reached the decision together. You can’t imagine how difficult it is when you have something so wonderful as here.”

Klopp added that he was not suffering from exhaustion and that he would now use the rest of the season to ensure that Borussia finish as high up in the table as possible. They are currently 10th.

I am not tired. I may look tired but I am not. I am 0.0% tired,” he said. “I haven’t had any contact with any other clubs but am not planning a sabbatical, though it could of course be that I have to take one, or whatever a free half-year is called, I don’t know. I hadn’t planned any of this [to quit] but it was just right that we announced this today so that the club can plan ahead.

“We were able to create a wonderful piece of history. It’s very unusual for a story to last seven years in football. I will miss every single person here and that feeling will only grow with time.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/jurgen-klopp-no-sabbatical-not-percet-coach

This is the level of self reflection, honesty, and courage we need from our current manager and board.

He gets alot of stick on here but I cant help but like Klopp. Shame he isnt managing at AFC.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not turning down a contract but Klopp walked away from current one he was on (ran until 2018) when he felt he couldn't take the club further despite all that he achieved.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/jurgen-klopp-no-sabbatical-not-percet-coach

This is the level of self reflection, honesty, and courage we need from our current manager and board.

He gets alot of stick on here but I cant help but like Klopp. Shame he isnt managing at AFC.

That is what you want him to think like. Wenger is probably much more self reflective and has much more courage then you think. But, because he comes to different conclusions then you are; you are trying to make him look stupid, ignorant or whatever.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
That is what you want him to think like. Wenger is probably much more self reflective and has much more courage then you think. But, because he comes to different conclusions then you are; you are trying to make him look stupid, ignorant or whatever.

He doesn't need any help; he's doing it himself! ;)

in India we awards the loyalties of work hard man with new contracting so Wengers obvious gets contracts people who say Wenger out think they can run big club when cant even run own house with noises kids and demand wife

im man of intelligent so see these thing today i take pee while brush teeth not many man can say they accomplish the goals of parvez

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
im man of intelligent so see these thing today i take pee while brush teeth not many man can say they accomplish the goals of parvez

dhMeAzK.gif

Unlike @4R5Emaniac, you do your nation proud.

Aevi

Hale End FC
in India we awards the loyalties of work hard man with new contracting so Wengers obvious gets contracts people who say Wenger out think they can run big club when cant even run own house with noises kids and demand wife

I'm talking to @redwhiteAustrian about making you the next moderator. Might give you @blaze_of_glory's spot actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom