• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Crystal Palace win

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Exactly this, mustafi is getting so much stick but he's basically covering the entire right of the defence at times.

When we go forward instead of having a CM ready to drop into CB and mustafi being pushed to RB during a counter, the CM are far to high up the pitch and get caught all the time.

Wenger is stuck on this Barcelona tactic from about 6 years ago, difference is we don't press in numbers to win the ball back high up the pitch. Not to mention they had busquets who didn't move from 15 yards in front of the CB the whole game.
Not to mention they had better players who could play this way. I believe the philosophy was, if you lose the ball, you get it back quickly - as a team. When we lose they ball they all go into 'rabbits in a headlight' mode.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
positives: one week closer to the end of the season.

SAM%2B1.png
Negative, one week closer to next season!!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Big Sam bascially stated what happened and their tatics in his the press conference (to take advantage of the space our fullbacks give and the lack of protection they offer our CBs) and we had no plan B against it.
I think he also said, and let them pass it sideways. Wenger rates possession, he was gobsmacked that Leicester won the league with less possession, but it's what you do with the possession that counts! Every team knows, let us have the ball, defend in numbers and we haven't got a clue, no shots on target second half - says it all.

How many times do we pass backwards or sideways instead of getting the ball into the box, into the danger zone. It's been like this for a long time, we just let defenders get into their comfort zone. Özil dithered on the edge of the box last night, instead of shooting, he just half kicked half scooped the ball straight at the defenders feet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously can't wait to this season ends I'm not enjoying football we really need long break and hopefully the club can sort themselves out in the summer if they really do care.

mm76

Yer Da
I think he also said, and let them pass it sideways. Wenger rates possession, he was gobsmacked that Leicester won the league with less possession, but it's what you do with the possession that counts! Every team knows, let us have the ball, defend in numbers and we haven't got a clue, no shots on target second half - says it all.

How many times do we pass backwards or sideways instead of getting the ball into the box, into the danger zone. It's been like this for a long time, we just let defenders get into their comfort zone. Özil dithered on the edge of the box last night, instead of shooting, he just half kicked half scooped the ball straight at the defenders feet.

absolutely totally 100% correct

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

His revenue has only increased because we're sh!t. He'd still be speaking to fans after the game if we were top, as he was... when we were top, funnily enough. December? I'm guessing we'd all like to profit out of this sh!t show if we could, no? Slightly strange angle of attack you have there lad. I don't understand the sudden criticism of Robbie.It only got louder when people realised he might be doing well out of it... Should he start giving blood every time we lose to balance it out? He's already paid for his season ticket and follows the club over land and sea... o_O

Be alright if he had different people every time, he knows the same lunatics bring in the views. It's literally unwatchable. But yeah, he doesn't owe us anything but people who don't even like football shouldn't know these characters by name and associate the embarrassment of them with Arsenal (even if the club is embarrassing :p).

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Be alright if he had different people every time, he knows the same lunatics bring in the views. It's literally unwatchable. But yeah, he doesn't owe us anything but people who don't even like football shouldn't know these characters by name and associate the embarrassment of them with Arsenal (even if the club is embarrassing :p).
Ridicule comes with the territory mate. Take a step back and try and see the funny side. Or even look at it through the eyes of some in here, that will tell you "It's only a game..." etc :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Are our players doing the same Leicester and Chelsea players did against thier managers? But to do against Wenger is so disrespectful.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If there was even the slightest sense of an attempt to fix things people might not be half as annoyed. We beat Chelsea and that alone was enough for them to make some sizable changes. We're losing most games and still changing nothing at all.

I think just the act of trying something new could trick the players minds in to thinking there is some kind of progression, **** it play 4-4-2 at least they will feel like they are attempting to fix things instead of "go out and do try the same thing again and hopefully it'll be 98th time lucky".

GoonerBoy19

I guess all were expecting him to retire gracefully, but AW had other plans. Now players are showing him the door and it feels sick. He should have announced it sooner. At least fans would have supported him till the last game.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I guess all were expecting him to retire gracefully, but AW had other plans. Now players are showing him the door and it feels sick. He should have announced it sooner. At least fans would have supported him till the last game.
He made a mistake he should've announce the time we completely lost the title what he doing now is damaging the club and him and the players seem confused and not performing

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People are saying that the players are not playing for him. I don't really see that. I just see the same old to be honest. Their performance is nothing earth shattering where you see a complete lack of effort. Is that not the amount of effort we are used to?

We don't challenge physically, that's not new. We don't shoot, that isn't new. We concede easy goals from the first shot on target, that isn't new. We play slow possession based football. Our fullbacks can't cross. We don't attack the box. None of that is new. The performance vs Palace is no different to when we lost to Norwich away 1-0 without a shot on target till the 89th minute. No different from losing to Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn.

I just genuinely believe the players don't know what they are doing and are not getting coached to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom