• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Crystal Palace win

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76

Yer Da
People are saying that the players are not playing for him. I don't really see that. I just see the same old to be honest.

i agree it makes no sense for people like Walcott and Ramsey not to play for Wenger - their futures entirely depend on him

i also agree we were only doing the things we've done before

but maybe some of them aren't playing at full strtch because they think he might be going and frankly would be ok with him doing so

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People are saying that the players are not playing for him. I don't really see that. I just see the same old to be honest. Their performance is nothing earth shattering where you see a complete lack of effort. Is that not the amount of effort we are used to?

We don't challenge physically, that's not new. We don't shoot, that isn't new. We concede easy goals from the first shot on target, that isn't new. We play slow possession based football. Our fullbacks can't cross. We don't attack the box. None of that is new. The performance vs Palace is no different to when we lost to Norwich away 1-0 without a shot on target till the 89th minute. No different from losing to Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn.

I just genuinely believe the players don't know what they are doing and are not getting coached to do so.
Exactly. We haven't changed anything and we have been found out. Our football style is boring and not even slightly creative. There is no attacking instruction. No defensive instruction. They're just headless chickens running around for a manager who can't even spot the most glaring chinks in our armour. It's absolutely dire right now.

Topps

Here is my Arsenal review , please, like , share ,Subscribe- Crystal Palace vs Arsenal 3- 0 10th April Review 2017 -

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People are saying that the players are not playing for him. I don't really see that. I just see the same old to be honest. Their performance is nothing earth shattering where you see a complete lack of effort. Is that not the amount of effort we are used to?

We don't challenge physically, that's not new. We don't shoot, that isn't new. We concede easy goals from the first shot on target, that isn't new. We play slow possession based football. Our fullbacks can't cross. We don't attack the box. None of that is new. The performance vs Palace is no different to when we lost to Norwich away 1-0 without a shot on target till the 89th minute. No different from losing to Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn.

I just genuinely believe the players don't know what they are doing and are not getting coached to do so.
so true. the only runs i see are made by monreal, Özil and walcott.

the one time we pressed them (through Wellbeck), we almost scored.

CHOPS

I've been watching 'The Arsenal'for over 50 years and believe me when I say I've watched some crap teams we've sent out to play I ain't kidding!
That display last night along with the last three away games have got to be the worst I have witnessed in all that time,it's so easy to blame Wenger and he does deserve some stick to a degree but these players are just going through the motions.
How the hell they justify their over priced monies is beyond me all of them!It's like they're running scared,if Wenger does go (and I very much doubt he will!) he needs to take all of these players with him and sail off into the sunset and let the 'new guy' have a fresh chance with his team and his players I really can't take much more of this underperforming garbage!
Amen.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Flamani was free that's why he cam back!
Lol and he didn't hurt Daddy's feelings like Cesc did. Probably still sent Wenger Christmas cards and zipperless coats unlike Cesc.

To Be A Rock

Why boo Alexis though!? :lol:

Alexis was terrible last night for one. Also, those attributed 'I'll stay one more year if the club spends on top players' stuff is the wrong thing to say and the wrong thing to do. He acts like he's the only one that tries or cares and the rest are beneath him. On his day a great player. Last night, the complete opposite...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Alexis was terrible last night for one. Also, those attributed 'I'll stay one more year if the club spends on top players' stuff is the wrong thing to say and the wrong thing to do. He acts like he's the only one that tries or cares and the rest are beneath him. On his day a great player. Last night, the complete opposite...
Further proof that you don't actually watch us play and just enjoy seeing your words in print. Anyone with eyes could see that on many matchdays this season he has in fact been the only trying and the only one who appears to care.

To Be A Rock

Further proof that you don't actually watch us play and just enjoy seeing your words in print. Anyone with eyes could see that on many matchdays this season he has in fact been the only trying and the only one who appears to care.

Further evidence you're completely blinkered if you think he's the only one trying. And how did YOU think he played last night, assuming you watched that is.....

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

The thing is, how much time would a new manager have to assess players and get them out? How much would the club be able to spend on replacements?

With Sanchez and possibly Özil on their way out it isn't clear which other players would need to go because while many of them aren't good enough, they all seems kind of reliable, having mostly been at the club for a while. Wouldn't the new manager want to assess how they respond before wholesale changes?

Perez seems the most immediately obvious player who needs to leave, assuming that a new manager appointed didn't rate him any more than Wenger seems to.

At the time, it seemed that Moyes' transfer purchases at Man Utd seemed disastrously panicked and overpriced - Fellaini, Mata, missing out on Herrera and Fabregas. In hindsight - at least Fellaini, Mata and Herrera are still getting game time at the club, with many LVG purchases gone or on their way out.

Conte didn't seem to get rid of too many players? When Mourinho went to Utd and Guardiola to Man City, they had some of the biggest budgets ever and forced a few players out, but still the Schweinsteiger and Hart situations don't seem to have worked out that well.
That's the whole point Rocky, they're not reliable. A lot of them are injury prone and inconsistent.

When Conte went to Chelsea it was different. The players were in dispute with Mourinho but they still had the lowest injury record in the league.

The new manager has a hell of a job to sort this out.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Van Dijk wouldn't have allowed this to happen
SwJRf53.jpg

F2HWAIn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom